[Giveaway] 5 Questions with Lex: Why OnePlus for Gaming

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N1569816508127
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

N1569816508127 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Question #1; Why I chose 1+:
    I was switching from iOS and was deciding between the Galaxy S10 and the OnePlus 7 Pro. I ultimately decided that the warp charging was an UPGRADE from wireless charging capabilities and I was a big fan of saving money, too. I watched a ton of review videos and went back and forth. Being with T-Mobile, I was able to use Jump on Demand and had the security of trading it in within 30 days if I didn't like the device. I'm so happy I tried it! As long as 1+ stays true to who they are and continue to push this industry, I'll be a customer. My wife is sold as well and she will be getting the 7T tomorrow on launch day!

2. K1571365231460
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

K1571365231460 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    1) Why did you choose OnePlus over any of the other brand who are also making gaming phones?
    I chose OnePlus for the outstanding price for the performance and the flagship quality. The amount of features as well as the quality stood out as the best phone on the market, and with half the pricetag of the other phones, it was an easy decision to make.

3. B1542581358353
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

B1542581358353 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    What's your history with OnePlus devices?
    I have loved OnePlus phone for a while now. I own a OnePlus 2, 5 and now using 6t. OnePlus has never let me down when it's comes to speed and quality of their smartphones. Also they cost almost half of what other flagship phones cost. Keep up the good work Oneplus.

4. Gvinjamuri
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

Gvinjamuri , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 18, 2019 :
    4) If you had to identify one quality of the OnePlus 7T that makes it a standout choice for mobile gamers, what would it be?

It has got to be 90hz display. I never played mobile games before. Because the display was so good, after I played one race on Asphalt 9, I was hooked. This is one feature I would say is most important to the gaming experience on the oneplus 7 pro.

5. E1546018542463
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

E1546018542463 , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Q2: I bought a OnePlus 6T because I was looking for the best bang for my buck. Fast, good screen, decent camera, quick charging for a great price. I had a Huawei phone prior, but it deteriorated quickly (battery mostly). Looking forward to my next OnePlus phone, but it may be awhile since this one is holding up great!

6. A1561431316152
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

A1561431316152 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Question 2)
    I have been a Samsung user for many years, but recently heard about this new, cheaper phone: the "OnePlus 7 Pro". I read up on it and it sounded like the best phone manufactured yet. My old Samsung Galaxy S4 was getting slow and sad, so I upgraded to OnePlus. Best decision on a phone I've made. It is fast, clean, sturdy, extensive in it's battery life, and beautiful in it's display. I still find new features I didn't know existed after 5 months of owning the phone. "Cheaper" has developed a new meaning in my mind, nothing was skimped on here. I'm excited and interested in this new 7T to see what is improved.

7. M1569345924390
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

M1569345924390 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    My history with OnePlus is that i contemplated switching from IOS to Android for about 3 months. I watched YouTube videos amd read forums and hands down OnePlus 7 pro was the way to go. Then i read about the bullets and was won over. My OnePlus 7 pro has made me a believer in andro again. Super stoked to see what else y'all have in store for us.

8. D1548097204151
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

D1548097204151 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    What is your history of OnePlus devices?

This is my OnePlus device I've owned and it was been a journey! I've never seen a dev team nor community so supportive!

I will be sticking with one plus from now on because it is one of those experiences you cannot explain in one sentence! completely out of this world!

9. TheRealAman , via OnePlus Community App , Oct 18, 2019 :
    3) I love how it feels playing games on Android; it feels like you're outside of Android rather than trapped in a box like on how iOS plays out. There's also a lot more you can do with changing your experience on Android.

MosheG1 likes this.
  10. X1571365503143
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

X1571365503143 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    3. I prefer gaming on Android over iOS because I prefer Android to iOS for everything. Android is much more compatible and user friendly than iOS ever thought of being.

11. kenpayes
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

kenpayes , Oct 18, 2019 :
    1) Why did you choose OnePlus over any of the other brand who are also making gaming phones?
    it was definitely the 90hz screen. there are barely any other phones like it that also look good and have a nice OS

12. korport
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

korport , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Why did you choose OnePlus over any of the other brand who are also making gaming phones?

it gives me a lot of the same features as the gaming phones but looks and acts like a regular phone. high refresh rate screen, game mode, low heat while charging but still looks clean and doesn't scream gaming phone from the future!

13. Nodiaque
    Donut Oct 18, 2019

Nodiaque , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Question 5) What is one area that you'd like to see OnePlus optimize in their smartphones for even better gaming experiences?

While the gaming mode is good, it need much improvement.

At first, how about custom gaming mode game based? Like some game, I prefer having battery saving on because the game doesn't require any juice. At the same time, by having global and custom settings per apps/games, you can add other function like:
    - screen resolution
    - screen refresh rate
    - color correction
    - toggle screen timeout on/off
    - toggle display auto brightness or set auto brightness threshold / value
    - CPU / GPU optimization
    - network optimization
    - battery optimization
    - toggle device rotation
    - force local (I like some game in French other in English but they rely on system language. With root there's module that allow to set specific local value per app but having it native for all app would be great)

14. bmahaney
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

bmahaney , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Question 4: I would definitely say the 90 Hz display. It is a very noticeable difference, and makes the entire gaming experience smoother and more responsive.

15. Y1571365000056
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

Y1571365000056 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    I prefer playing on Android because of the customability of both the phone and the games on it whether it be mods or simple settings.

16. G_Wes_Bobek_ksak
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

G_Wes_Bobek_ksak , Oct 18, 2019 :

OnePlus represents more than just a gaming phone to me. My 7 Pro gives me freedom to choose what I'd like to do with my device at the most affordable price. 12GB of RAM and top of the line Snapdragon processor allows me to play all latest games with best refresh rate screen with no punch holes, bezels or cut outs making it the ultimate gaming experience. These specs also guarantee it will work far into the future. I am not tied down to 'gaming' or 'business' type of phone. I chose OnePlus because with it I can be whoever I want to be.

17. joelk_12
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

joelk_12 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Question 5:
    As much as I already love gaming on my OnePlus device, I think there is one important thing that could be optimized for a more immersive, complete gaming experience.

Sound is always a very important aspect of my personal gaming experience. The audio, to me, is just as, if not more important, than the visuals. That's why I think one thing I would love to see in future OnePlus phones is a more open speaker. By this, I mean that sometimes while playing a game on my phone, my hands will unintentionally muffle the audio of my game because my hands are covering the speakers when I'm holding my phone in the landscape orientation.

18. c0d12395
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

19. Bmwlvr82
    Donut Oct 18, 2019

Bmwlvr82 , via OnePlus 5 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    What's your history with OnePlus devices?

I've followed Oneplus as a company since the One was released but my first Oneplus was the 5. Over two years now and still going strong. I have yet to have a need to replace it, but have convinced my 65 year old parents and brother in law to buy one. They have had theirs for over a year now and regularly sing its praises.

When this phone dies, I will be replacing it with another oneplus

Uncletec likes this.
  20. G_Shanmukh_Sreenivas_Naa
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

G_Shanmukh_Sreenivas_Naa , Oct 18, 2019 :
    First thing it is not only for gaming.. it is useful to take awesome pics and help to make a perfect video in 4k with 60fps....

While gaming we can play with and good graphics with also high fps the touch and smoothness are really awesome so it is good for gaming and it is the best mobile to take forward in future... A mark has setted by one plus now... really congratulations ...... [e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e]

21. G_Chad_Christenson_OHVF
    Donut Oct 18, 2019