[Giveaway] 5 Questions with Lex: Why OnePlus for Gaming

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T1571365113140
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

T1571365113140 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Question| What's your history with OnePlus devices?

Where to start? I'm newish to the OnePlus my first one being the 6, but I can say without a doubt I absolutely Love OnePlus! The phones that give you the most bang for your buck while also being stylish, elegant, and competing with if not beating all of the other more well known brand name competitors! As a current employee of AT&T I can gladly say that I send you business because of the quality of phones you guys come out with. Awesome is an excellent descriptor for your products. I very much enjoy them!

2. Bradley_Benjamin
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

Bradley_Benjamin , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Why I chose one plus over other phones....

I took a risk on a new player among giants. I bought in to the never settle motto. I mean why not? I was tired of not getting updates and always behind. When the camera reviews came out, I had to become part of the never settle community.

Keep up the great work!

3. Frshaspie
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

Frshaspie , Oct 18, 2019 :
    my history with one plus, it's the reason I left apple. I was an avid iPhone user for years, but one plus showed me that I can have a great phone without the high price, plus the screens are soooooo much better!

4. Y1569631957430
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

Y1569631957430 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Question 1:

Ever since the first OnePlus came out I've always been a fan because of it's low price but high quality. However, I wasn't able to get my hands on one until I bought a used OnePlus 6T and later upgraded to the 7 Pro. Honestly, one of the best purchases I've ever done.

Not only does it give me an arguably better phone compared to those on the market right now, but it does it at a fraction of the price. I love it! Not to mention the camera [e]1f60d[/e].

5. G_Peter_Strapp_yGQF
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

G_Peter_Strapp_yGQF , Oct 18, 2019 :
    I choose a one plus before the phone remains getting updates and continues to perform at the speed and capacity expected.

6. Bruce1
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

Bruce1 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    1. Because it was clearly the best choice
    2. No history what so ever
    3. It feels right, iOS just doesn't do things the way Android does
    4. Incredible reaction, other devices have noticeable lag in reaction, even if it's less than a second, that second makes a huge difference
    5. Sound quality, when I'm gaming I need the immersion, most headsets are great, but for those of us with a spending limit on headphones, our options are play the sound it loud in the company of others or build a bridge and get over it (it being poor sound quality)

7. mrxavier2012
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

mrxavier2012 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    If you had to identify one quality of the OnePlus 7T that makes it a standout choice for mobile gamers, what would it be?

The 90hz display is definitely on the top with this, but I think something that is a bit underated is the cooling system. This makes long gaming sessions a breeze without burning your hands off or suffering from throttling from the heat. As a big gamer, I tend to play and stream for hours at a time and this was a big deciding factor no one really seem to focus on; it really does make a very big difference since I would just switch back to my PC once my phone would overheat and I just don't find myself doing this unless I'm choosing to play a title that I can only play on PC.

8. Rainbowgamer
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

9. M1571365400695
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

M1571365400695 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    2) The OnePlus 6T is the first OnePlus device I've owned. My friend and I used to work for a mobile company as sales and repair. When OnePlus came out with their first phone he told me about them and I have wanted one since. When the 6T was made available for purchase from T-Mobile I jumped at the chance and have never been happier with any other phone I've used in the past. The price, quality and performance are more than you can ask for.

10. Eddiev8
    Donut Oct 18, 2019

Eddiev8 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    1) Why did you choose OnePlus over any of the other brand who are also making gaming phones?

I chose the OnePlus 7 pro over other devices simply for the display. It was really hard for me to give up the iOS device since I had an OS wearable but I found the switch to be way better. the 90hz refresh rate definitely makes me feel like I have more control in my characters movements and overall fluidity of the game. OnePlus is my first ever Android device and I am glad that I chose this over anything else because I truly feel I'm getting the best hardware for the lowest price. I enjoy the fnatic mode a lot! The animation when you turn it on definitely makes me feel like a serious gaming session is about to happen! I think the most important thing for gaming is to be able to see your whole screen and unlike other devices with their notches, punch outs, or water drops this device gives you the best immersive experience. Never Settle even when it comes to gaming.

11. Y1542992480186
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

Y1542992480186 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    2) What's your history with OnePlus devices?

This is my first experience with a OnePlus (6T). I was using a MotoG before this (I've always been an Android fan), which I enjoyed using for a few years. Once it got slow and the battery started to drain rapidly, I realised it was time to get a new device. One of my friends, who is very up-to-date with the tech world, recommended the OnePlus 6T to me. Having read the reviews and seen the specs, I was very impressed! I ordered it immediately (less than a month into the 6T's release), and I've loved using it. I love the performance capabilities of this phone, and it doesn't really burn a hole in your pocket either. I have strongly urged many of my family and friends to purchase OnePlus devices, and I will continue to do so! :)

12. B1559686432731
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

B1559686432731 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Question 1: I didn't choose the OnePlus 7Pro for the gaming aspect, really (though it is a really nice feature). I've been an Apple user for the majority of the time I've had a cell phone. I was getting tired of the same thing over and over so I started researching other phones. I also really like what you can do with Android OS, which has many great features. I stumbled upon the OnePlus 6T and wanted it for the longest time but couldn't afford it right away so I started saving. That's when the 7Pro came out and I was obsessed. From it's unique, pop up camera to the in-screen fingerprint reader. Everything about it made me fall in love with it every time I scrolled through the OnePlus website. I watched video after video of reviews on why it was so great and I realized it was the phone for me.

Uncletec likes this.
  13. Uncletec
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

Uncletec , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 18, 2019 :
    question 1...I chose OnePlus over other phones for multiple reasons but the number one reason by far is Oxygen os. I've had the original pixel xl and the essential phone before switching to OnePlus and the reason i picked the previous 2 was because i hate skins on top of Android. I like Android as Google intended it and pixel and essential provided that for me until.... Oxygen os. To me Oxygen os is how Google should have Android. I constantly"theme" my phone to match my new wallpaper and i love being able to change the accent color to anything i want to match the wallpaper. The added features OnePlus had added to Android is useful not bloat.

14. tyzzex
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

tyzzex , Oct 18, 2019 :
    2) My history with OnePlus

I tried Samsung. I'd been watching the OnePlus for years. It's OS is cleaner, and over time it doesn't bog up and need to be reset for battery and performance like every other phone I've had. My girlfriend had issues with her Samsung Galaxy S's battery over time. So she copied me and switched to OnePlus.. absolutely loves it.

I bought a pair of the first version of the OnePlus Bullets and absolutely love them. Riding my bike and listening to music has never been so hassle-free. Tangle-less (no cord) and hard to lose (wraps around your neck) makes me a firm believer. Also when I want to ride my bike and forgot to charge them, it's no big deal. They're charged by the time I'm on my way out the door. I don't understand why you'd buy any other earbuds for sports (except maybe swimming but that would be a specialty costly pair, waterproofing..).

Being able to listen to music while I'm in the kitchen and my phone is in the bedroom feels kind of like magic as well.

15. A1539003410687
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

A1539003410687 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    I chose the OnePlus 6t last year because I was sick of having a slow Android phone. Historically, it seemed that no matter which Android phone I bought it would need to be reset frequently and the battery life was awful. The OnePlus brand has lived up to the hype. I've had the OnePlus 6t since launch and I've had amazing battery life and the phone performance is still as good as the day I bought it. I'll continue to buy OnePlus phones in the future but for now I love my OnePlus 6t.

16. eddygaray
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

eddygaray , Oct 18, 2019 :
    I only have one simple answer on why I chose to go with a OnePlus device, and that's because Powerbang recommend it and I love it for playing games with the 90Hz and warp charging. Best gaming device by far.

17. Rummers78
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

Rummers78 , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 18, 2019 :
    1) Great quality phone for 2/3's the price of the "best" phones in Verizon store. Charging speed is awesome and I love showing off the red cord when out and about. Super fast! My kid would rather play Fortnite on my phone than on his computer because how fast it is.

Thanks for making a great affordable product.

18. chuckg
    Gingerbread Oct 18, 2019

chuckg , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 18, 2019 :
    What is my history with OnePlus phones?

I got a launch OPO-- was lucky enough to get an invite (remember invites???). I then got an OP 3, and went to the NYC event to get a launch OP 5. I now own an OP 7 Pro, which I love. I guess I am looking forward to buying the OP 9! [e]1f601[/e]

19. D1568816820604
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

D1568816820604 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Question 5:

I would like to see OnePlus have better compatibility with VR headsets. Right now OnePlus is not fully compatible with the current crop of headsets without some tweaks here and there.

20. Ad0
    Donut Oct 18, 2019

Ad0 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Question :1
    Reason: Full screen with no notches or tear drops.. My OnePlus Pro is all screen and with a fast processor it's an enyonment to play any game on it . By the way, it's my first OnePlus phone and I absolutely love it!