Giveaway: my physical invite (1st given out in the wild)

1. prince__edward
    Eclair Jul 31, 2015

prince__edward , Jul 31, 2015 :
    Edit 2: Time for the announcement. I went through and read every reply, checked user's profiles, checked post/message history, read the replies again, narrowed it down to five finalists, and then had a tough time picking the winner. This took more time and mental energy than I thought it would, and I even visualized how the winner would utilize the invite, what they would do with the physical invite itself, how they would feel when they found out they won and then when scratching off the back of the physical invite, how they would use the OnePlus 2, and how they would continue being a part of this community. Post count, time on the forum, etc. played less of a factor than I thought it would, as I wanted to give a chance to newly registered forum members (former Cupcakes, such as myself), so of the five finalists two of them were relatively "new" to the forum. I then spent more time reading the replies in this thread, reading past posts of the finalists, and then had to utilize a bit of randomness to solidify the winner. Thank you to those who entered, it was real close. Congratulations to the winner, I trust that invites will be thoughtfully handed out as I've tried to do through this giveaway. That said, I'll be giving away my only invite, the first physical invite handed to me by Carl himself on Thursday in NYC, to @deejay01

Edit: The giveaway closed at 10:10 PM (EST) on July 31, 2015
    The winner will be announced here at 11:11 AM (EST) on August 1, 2015

As some of you know, I recognized Carl and the OnePlus team yesterday in NYC waiting under an awning to avoid going out in the heavy rain.
    Screenshot 2015-07-30 21.54.42.png

Here's my original post. This is your chance to get the first physical UNSCRATCHED OFF invite handed out in the wild.

Giveaway Questions (ONE SENTENCE EACH):
    1. Why do you deserve the OnePlus 2 physical invitation?
    2. How will you go about spreading the love to invite others?
    3. Which U.S. state do you live in?

Rules:
    1. One entry per person.
    2. U.S.A. entries ONLY
    3. CONTEST CLOSES TODAY in 12 HOURS, Friday, July 31, 2015 @ 10:10 PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME.
    4. No begging. No direct messages. Many factors will go into my decision, including activity in this forum, post count, answers to above questions, and any other factor. And perhaps a number generator based on order of post for a bit of randomness if it becomes too close to call. This is up to my discretion.

Why I'm doing this:
    1. The response from this community to my post yesterday has been overwhelming. There's a lot of love here not just for OnePlus, but also for someone like myself who was a "Cupcake" yesterday. I was always taught to "pay it forward" and to "send the elevator back down" - well here's my chance to do that. Of course in the back of my mind, when I do need an invite, most likely in a few months, I'm hoping there will be many available, or the person who wins this will return the favor.
    2. A few years ago I won a vintage watch from a watch forum contest giveaway. It was my grail of all grail watches, and one of the happiest days of my life. It's not only the feeling for the winner I hope to replicate to some degree in this contest, but the feeling of the person giving it away.
    3. This seems like a very OnePlus thing to do. Giving an invite to a random who recognized you in the middle of NYC is what Carl did. So this might be the same level of random.

*To OnePlus and the forum, if this violates any term of service, forum rule and/or invitation rule, please feel free to contact me and I will take down the post. If my post is taken down without my consent, I will be disappointed. I'm trying to spread the joy here, my intent is not to violate any rule, rather to promote the spirit of OnePlus. The invite card simply says "not for resale."

**To anyone who has insinuated or outright said that my original post yesterday was a promotional stunt or commercial, please don't be so pathetic. I'm an attorney and teach at a top university in NYC, I neither need nor want nor have time to be a walking/online promotion for a company. I was lucky enough to have time before class yesterday and bumped into Carl and the team, and they were nice enough to let me check out the OnePlus 2 and give me an invite. They weren't wandering around NYC handing out invites. Carl was visibly shocked when I yelled "OnePlus 2" in his direction as I was the first person to recognize him in public. And yes even by watching the VR keynote, I was able to recognize Carl, and suspicion confirmed seeing his team with him and them pulling out their OnePlus 2 devices. I'm pretty sure most of the hardcore forum members would've been able to do the same.

***I will try and pick the winner soon after the contest closes tonight and will hopefully mail this out via USPS delivery confirmation tomorrow. Am I crazy for doing this? Maybe. Will I regret it? No. There are far crazier people on here who are so insanely passionate about the OnePlus 2 that I think it outweighs my "right place at the right time" and "lucky" factor. Meeting them yesterday, the response to my original post, and getting to handle the phone in person was enough to last me a few months until I take the leap and buy the OnePlus 2 for myself. 12 hours to go until the contest closes. Good luck and blessings from the Prince.

CLLvbF0WwAAcjG5.jpg

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015

2. sungjinchoi01
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2015

yuganathan, mrex and justinkdorman like this.
  3. frankieladeyo
    Eclair Jul 31, 2015

frankieladeyo , Jul 31, 2015 :
    I'd definitely jump on the opporunity

1. I feel i can help spread the word throughout the islands of the bahamas. Already turned many people onto the OPO back at home. Letting folks touch the OPO really gets them hooked, as the sandstone black is such a unique feel. Ofcourse when i got the 1 i was going around talking about the elite packaging and everything handing it around so folks can get a feel of the box and phone. Having the physical invite would be pretty awesome, a keep sake of such an awesome VR launch.
    2. Have my friends back and home spread the word about oneplus even more than i am already doing and sharing invites back into the the community. I shared invites from the OPO days, was glad when my friends and dad got their devices. It makes me feel good to help other people, i appreciate good tech and love sharing. i'm an open source kinda guy haha.
    3. Currently in Florida

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015

4. Nosoliciting
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2015

Nosoliciting , Jul 31, 2015 :
    1. Not so sure I do deserve it. Pretty blessed and my oneplusone is still working well.
    2. I really enjoy telling people about this company. It always triggers a good conversation. The story you shared running into Carl is humbling. I must of told it to 20 people at the bar last night!
    I hope for their continued success and more importantly I hope to work with Oneplus someday. I'd love to create some marketing for them.
    3. Illinois

Side note, this community is what its all about. Thanks again to everyone who makes this a great place to hang out.

5. justinkdorman
    Froyo Jul 31, 2015

justinkdorman , Jul 31, 2015 :
    I am a huge supporter of OnePlus and motivate my community to ditch the big companies to support what OnePlus is doing.
    If you show people the product they are hooked. If you can't show them social media - videos, pictures etc.
    South Carolina - Charleston

6. ufomania
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 31, 2015

ufomania , Jul 31, 2015 :
    So sorry,
    No Chance for me. I am from Germany.
    Good Luck to all others.

Ufo

7. rigrx
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2015

rigrx , Jul 31, 2015 :
    Good luck for you all. I'm from austria and so I can't join the Giveaway - bad luck for me :/

8. IonNuke

IonNuke , Jul 31, 2015 :
    I can probably say I don't really deserve the invite (then again we all have our reasons) but I do take apart roms and try new things on new devices. Then report it to many android communities to let others know what to do and what not to do. Somebody's gotta be the lab rat.
    Social media is the number one target and that I usually would route to allow others to know more about this device. If the unknown can see the actual product and hear from the user or shown day to day tasks on it, they'll be more than inclined to join the crowd. It's pretty much what happened with OnePlus One at work.... managed to convince 90 employees ;)
    Illinois

prince__edward and justinkdorman like this.
  9. seikei
    Froyo Jul 31, 2015

seikei , Jul 31, 2015 :
    1) I'll buy you a beer, that's why!
    2) I'm a pretty big evangelist for the 1+ phones. Everyone in my family has one, my ex has one, her cousin has one, several of my coworkers have one.
    3) NYC, NY :D You can collect on that beer today!

10. housry23

housry23 , Jul 31, 2015 :
    1. My Nexus 6 just broke and I'm using a first gen Moto G with 3G only.
    2. I'll share my first 3 invites with any person of @prince__edward choosing.(2nd, 3rd and 4th choice in this thread).
    3. Ohio

prince__edward likes this.
  11. Chinda
    Jelly Bean Jul 31, 2015

12. barb
    Nougat Jul 31, 2015

barb , Jul 31, 2015 :
    @prince__edward
    You met Carl...awesome!

You sharing one of the first OP 2 invites is so special and such a great gesture.

Thanks for sharing your invite with the community.

[​IMG]

13. apates5
    Eclair Jul 31, 2015

apates5 , Jul 31, 2015 :
    I deserve oneplus invite card because I am a huge fan of oneplus and I didn't get a chance to get a oneplus one invite so now I am will try to get the op2 invite.

I will spread the love like if I get invites I will to giveaways like u are.

I live in Illinois.

14. LiquidShadowFox
    Eclair Jul 31, 2015

LiquidShadowFox , Jul 31, 2015 :
    Because I want to make the One Plus 2 better, I want to help this community by either making my own ROM or altering Oxygen OS 2.0 (hopefully it'll be open source as all projects usually are) to give users more control than was already stated for oxygen OS. I see there is much more potential in Oxygen OS and I believe users should #NeverSettle
    I'll give away any invites I have to people here on the forum who want one and I will give my findings and ROMS exclusively in this forum. I'm a developer but it's hard to find a good phone for development at the price of OPT and moto X pure isn't my style
    Florida, the sunshine state and fiery pit of satan XD seriously it's hot down here in the summer

Thank you for at least considering me to give the physical invite to :) would really appreciate it

15. Andypatt3
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2015

16. leeetingg
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2015

leeetingg , Jul 31, 2015 :
    I'm a student and I've been saving up money to buy a new phone for quite some months now. And finally I can! My old phone was destroyed because it got into contact with water. Even though I've saved up enough money to buy a phone, I can't get typical flagship phones like Samsung :( So, I discovered OnePlus! WHICH WAS AMAZING. I've been working hard doing part time jobs and saving my allowance to get a new phone. And maybe this is my opportunity.

I promise to share my invite with other forum users! Maybe I'll follow the way you share your invite, as it's very kind of you to do so.

Illinois (my brother lives here) :)

17. Sonar5

Sonar5 , Jul 31, 2015 :
    Thank you for doing this, it's truly amazing when people with good hearts try to help out others. Thank you.

Giveaway Questions (ONE SENTENCE EACH):

I have been a staunch supporter of the One Plus brand since joining the forums. I participate actively in the Military thread and others where I gained my two invites, and passed out the ones I received to other Military. If I procure an invite, I plan to give my One Plus One to my son who is in college. It will be a huge improvement for him over his Samsung S III. I have a good Like to Post ratio which means I lend good advice over the past year here in the forums, and I try to answer other's questions when I can and debunk some of the competition posts when they conveniently leave out relevant information regarding the One Plus brand.

I have been spreading the love on social media, and to my coworkers as well. I have posted and shared the One Plus blog entries across my Facebook Sphere, and even mentioned the One Plus Two on my conference calls with coworkers. I have always showed people my One Plus One and am still doing so, talking about the upcoming release. If given the privilege of this invite, I promise to show others what it's like to own a quality phone where the manufacturer actually has our interests at heart. #NeverSettle

Washington State, home of Mt. Rainier, & Mt. St Helen's, where I actively hike with my One Plus One which takes amazing pictures.

Thank you for your consideration,
    Sonar5

#HYPE
    #NeverSettle

18. TazDev
    Jelly Bean Jul 31, 2015

TazDev , Jul 31, 2015 :
    I don't necessarily feel that I deserve it. But I did order a OnePlus One only to lose it after a few glorious months together. This was after I managed to get 5 invites for friends and family who purchased the One and passed out another 4 invites given to me by OnePlus to forum members. I've been following the hype train and telling my friends about the new phone and definitely plan on showing it off when I finally get one! I live in NY.

Thanks for being so generous with your physical invite!

19. Hoppla

Hoppla , Jul 31, 2015 :
    Awesome that you give your invite to the community, but unfortunately I am from Germany :(

20. johnnymartz3
    Jelly Bean Jul 31, 2015

johnnymartz3 , Jul 31, 2015 :
    Thats awesome man, definitely shows the spirit of this forum. I won't waste ur time with a story tho, I won't be able to buy the op2 for at least a month.

Sonar5, prince__edward and k2natural like this.