[Giveaway] T-Mobile's 5G Rollout Explained : Is it time to make the jump?

1. y_oo1
    Honeycomb Dec 8, 2019

y_oo1 , via OnePlus 7 , Dec 8, 2019 :
    But I don't put the microwave on my ear 🙄

2. UberMonk
    Froyo Dec 8, 2019

UberMonk , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 8, 2019 :
    This is all pretty exciting and a step in the right direction. it can't all be achieved overnight so I'm excited to see the rise of 5G. I remember when T-Mobile 4G was HSPA+ and then they rolled out 4G LTE to us and it took them a while. I believe they were the last to the LTE game so it's exciting to see their growth and I'm ready!

P1575174174742 likes this.
  3. Clean_
    Eclair Dec 8, 2019

Clean_ , Dec 8, 2019 :
    5G is definitely the way to go going forward, Might even replace cable internet if done right. Its a win-win in most scenarios.

4. Clean_
    Eclair Dec 8, 2019

Clean_ , Dec 8, 2019 :
    You also don't put a 5G tower to your ear... Cellphone Radios don't give off that much radiation, The whole basis of the radiation argument is about the towers not the tiny radios in your phone.

Joey Pardella and P1575174174742 like this.
  5. TEKHD
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2019

TEKHD , Dec 8, 2019 :
    With OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren Edition (San Juan, PR) but I have seen much faster connections with 4G LTE. I also did the test side by side with my Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ (4G) and the Note got 50.3 Down and 29.2 Up at that same moment.

1575848706189.jpg

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019

Joey Pardella likes this.
  6. UncleCupCake
    Gingerbread Dec 8, 2019

UncleCupCake , Dec 8, 2019 :
    it's safe ok. all the internet articles have some good theories of possibilities and danger yes. but there is nothing backing it up. people can argue or causes cancer but there is no proof to back those claims . as many doctors state where are all the extra cancer cases where is the crazy jump in sicknesses.?! there isn't .. it's doesnt mean that there aren't other dangers but it's just not known. no different than most tech that is new.

TEKHD likes this.
  8. BlazinDroid
    Gingerbread Dec 9, 2019

BlazinDroid , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 9, 2019 :
    I got the OnePlus 7 pro on T-Mobile as soon as it came out in the spring of 2019, I had fallen in love with the Google pixel 3 XL and had a iPhone xs max with Verizon. I saw the OnePlus 7 pro on IG and FB and Engadget and went to www.oneplus.com and read the "ABOUT" the phone and fell in love with the specs, so I switched to TMobile and traded in my iPhone XS Max with big red switch rebate, where they paid off what I owed on the phone with a prepaid credit card and put money towards my first couple of bills, also it was right before memorial day and T-Mobile was running a promotion for 50% off your bill for active military and veterans for magenta military plans. so I got a new OnePlus 7 pro. only problem I had was that I didn't know if you make monthly payments the bootloader is locked, my Google pixel 3 XL was from The Google store... and I was under the impression that most Android smartphones had unlocked bootloader's, my last Android phone before the pixel 3 XL was the HTC Evo 4G, on Sprint... so I called 611 from my OnePlus 7 pro to T-Mobile and talked to this nice gentlemen from their customer service about unlocking the bootloader so I could install the Android 10 beta just to test out Android Q (cellular radios and data did not work on the gm1915 version "TMobile OnePlus 7 pro") I was told I had to pay the phone off to unlock the bootloader, and if I unlocked the bootloader or rooted the phone before it was paid off I would void my warranty including the $15 a month 8linsurance. so I've learned my lesson... sell your current phone on marketplace or Craigslist, or even eBay or whatever online classifieds place in your country, then buy the phone outright, not pay monthly, It's only $10 to add a line so I got a older TMobile Android phone that ran Android pie and when I went to get it activated they asked if I wanted to get insurance on it, so I take it you can get insurance for T-Mobile phones even if you buy it outright and pay it full, rather than finance it!

the OnePlus 7 pro is still hands down the best phone I've ever had the pleasure of trying/using/owning [e]1f64f[/e][e]1f64f[/e][e]1f64f[/e]

9. BlazinDroid
    Gingerbread Dec 9, 2019

thank you for making that statement as simple as possible so people can understand that we're not carrying shoeboxes with strong radioactive radios in our new (including 5G) phones... how about those suitcase cell phones, a cord phone with a suitcase that was just the radios and antennas!!!

if you're so worried about radiation, don't use microwave ovens, stay away from fm/am radio towers, don't live near a nuclear power plant, stay away from electrical towers (which is hard to do in California), etc

come on, with great power, comes great responsibility!
    Uncle Ben (Parker)

I'm more worried about prostate cancer for men's who put their phones in their back pocket and leave it there all day when mmWave comes out and is implemented. they'll get gbps internet outside next to a repeater, but will have to get their prostate removed by 6G comes out and won't be able to have erections anymore and they'll blame the industry and company and technologies that gave them prostate cancer, rather than not keeping their phone in their back pocket 24/7, I knew some people that slept with their iPhones, <rant> OVER </rant>

10. BlazinDroid
    Gingerbread Dec 9, 2019

I'm with you, OnePlus 8 pro in April or May, with more stable oxygenOS 10, hopefully higher res screen display, more ram, SD card, better usb-c bullet earbuds, more storage, more innovative one+ apps/software, quicker updates for T-Mobile branded phones so I don't have to flash a glabal version of oxygenOS so I can get Oxygen OS 11Next year, etc you know, stuff like the pixel 4 xl... but better!!![e]1f64f[/e][e]2665[/e]️[e]263a[/e]️🥰💖💕💞[e]1f493[/e]

VictorXIbarra and P1575174174742 like this.
  11. BinyaminK
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2019

12. UncleCupCake
    Gingerbread Dec 9, 2019

UncleCupCake , Dec 9, 2019 :
    yeah I shut my phone offd by 10pm daily ... well it's scheduled shut off after scheduled Zen mode. and it's left in other room. we hate electronics in bedroom. love the phone other wise. once I pay it off I will definitely get it unlocked and keep it as long as possible until 5g is common place that 5g phone are reg prices. my next phone will most definitely be a one plus again maybe 2 more generations of mcLaren s before I upgrade I am hoping .

13. pakole83
    Eclair Dec 9, 2019

pakole83 , Dec 9, 2019 :
    that's actually wrong. no more what service plan you have with TMobile there is no additional cost to access 5g outside of buying a 5g phone.

MosheG1 and P1575174174742 like this.
  14. pakole83
    Eclair Dec 9, 2019

15. pbernikier , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 9, 2019 :
    1575908083784.jpg
    5G in my area is fake news the screenshot above is in front of my office on 5G. the one below is in the same place approximately 5 minutes later after I turned off 5G.
    1575908207034.jpg
    I'll be honest though I have noticed better speeds on this phone then on my 6T McLaren but only in random areas not in most of the places that I frequent.

jlilly likes this.
  16. pbernikier
    Froyo Dec 9, 2019

pbernikier , Dec 9, 2019 :
    I agree i just got my 6th Oneplus phone and i am pretty sure it will be my last

17. sw0leymammoth
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2019

sw0leymammoth , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 9, 2019 :
    pretty stoked about the long term benefits of 5G, it'll be interesting to see what happens if the Sprint merger goes through since they have a lot of spectrum that would help us get closer to higher speeds. hopefully mmwave makes a splash soon

19. Violentvixen
    Cupcake Dec 10, 2019

Violentvixen , Dec 10, 2019 :
    I live in rural Oregon and while T-mobile works pretty well, there are a few spots (the pool I swim at, a few of my friend's houses) where I barely get 2G. This will be great!

BlackKnight2332 likes this.
  20. G1572469583021
    Gingerbread Dec 10, 2019

G1572469583021 , Dec 10, 2019 :
    T-Mobile is not charging more for 5G though it's just part of your plan. I have the 5G McLaren and I am not being charged more for 5G. just want to let you know

P1575174174742 and MosheG1 like this.