[Giveaway] What did you think of the OnePlus 6T launch?

1. eye842
    Lollipop Oct 31, 2018

2. Denis Josifoski
    Froyo Oct 31, 2018

Denis Josifoski , Oct 31, 2018 :
    I've watched it live on youtube in the middle of coffee shop when everybody stared at me :p.

Presentation itself was amazing. All the time I was like wooow, huuuh, this is great. MKBHD od that biggest screen was perfect strategic idea! Specially when he explained why he is leaving google flagship behind.

And then there was T-Mobile announcement and $300 off for exchange of the device from 2013! 2013! This blowed my mind. "Why I don't live in USA?" was my thought..
    Pros:
    - bigger battery (+400 mAh)
    - bigger screen
    - almost notchless (but I don't mind it on my OP6 at all)
    - pretty fast inscreen fingerprint
    - night photography.
    - smart boost

Next things I won't consider as cons, but I hoped to be updated/upgraded:
    - Wireless charging. I don't miss that option that much, but it comes more and more useful. For example, I already have phone mount for car with QI. I still can love without it, but I do hope to see it on OP7.
    - I expected bigger screen resolution (1440p instead of 1080p). This is a must on OP7, please!

I do realise that these 2 points would give additional costs to production and final price, but I think people would love to pay for these extra options.
    All in all, amazing presentation. Hope that I will be able to join OP7 launch in person next year :).

3. Jsprince04
    Froyo Oct 31, 2018

Jsprince04 , Oct 31, 2018 :
    one of the best it has the closely produced a product which has every feature we need and the launch was just awesome i would like to take a pledge that i will be only using oneplus smartphones and make my family use it too bcoz they dont let go of the community as other they take step forward with th

4. M1540982295325
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

M1540982295325 , Oct 31, 2018 :
    I watched via broadcast, iv good things about Oneplus so thought I was the 6T launch and I was amazed #Giveaway

5. basil310
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

basil310 , Oct 31, 2018 :
    Xiaomi redminote 3 to OP6T upgrade,worth ?or should wait for upcoming models?

6. scott_bresnahan
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

scott_bresnahan , Oct 31, 2018 :
    I watched the live event through Twitter at first and then switched to YouTube. Overall I feel that the event was a good representation of the OnePlus 6T. For starters, keeping the launch price the same was a good move when comparing to other phones who keep pushing their prices higher and higher. The $300 trade in deal was also something great to note from the presentation (unfortunately I cannot take apart this deal because T-Mobile isn't in my area ). The indisplay fingerprint reader changes the game of smartphones and it's nice to see someone try to push technology forward opposed to being in it only for money gains. The only thing I disliked about this was the removal of the headphone jack, but with the bigger battery and the fingerprint reader can see why this could occur. In the future, I would love to see this come back to end dongle life. Overall the presentation went well. The only thing that was slightly bad was after every sentence, I heard the word "okay". It wasn't anything that hurt the presentation and I feel that not many people noticed, but I at least noticed and thought I would bring that up. Otherwise, the presentation felt very professional and I can easily see the OnePlus 6T being my new phone.

7. Y1535369298414
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

8. Svenson Veigas
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

Svenson Veigas , Oct 31, 2018 :
    The 6T will be the first device that I own from OnePlus and so I'll be one of the newer members to the OnePlus Community!
    • Couldn't attend the launch in person, wish I could have, so had to make do with the live broadcast.
    • The best part of the launch event was Pete's first presentation in English!
    • What could have done better? Nothing! Well, maybe except Cristiano Amon's presentation [it didn't have a natural feel to it]

9. prat_brat
    Froyo Oct 31, 2018

prat_brat , Oct 31, 2018 :
    Hey,
    First, I would like to say thank you for what you have been doing for us, and that you have been listening, and delivering, most of it. Keep doing what you have been doing and let us make this community bigger and better.
    I attended the event through the broadcast, because I am all the way in a different continent, hehe. But I watched and like the way you choose for the presentations of your products.
    I have to say about, Kyle Kiang, the way he handled the presentation was on point, like what he did and what he said, made things interesting to listen to. A big up to him, and may he bring more fun to it. Thanks, Kyle Kiang.
    The keynote went great, getting better every year, and may be I'll get to attend one some time soon. I think it's good this way, anything I would do different is come up with ways to wow the crowd, make their experience attending your keynotes something different and to remember. Every new keynote, do something crazy to mark the experience.

Thank you again, to the OnePlus Team and Community and let's keeping doing better. Congratulations on the new device.

Thanks, and Regards.
    P.

10. G_Matthew_Birch_lUUy
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

G_Matthew_Birch_lUUy , Oct 31, 2018 :
    OnePlus 6T. WOW. What a phone, we have done it again! I had to tune in to the broadcast via twitter, wish I could have been there in person but flying out to NY from the UK just wasn't feasible :p

The presentations were great, and there were still a few surprises, I thought price would have risen to at least £550 so it was great to see OnePlus offer it lower than expected. It was cool to hear that OnePlus had already been able to have an in-display fingerprint scanner but held out until it was fast enough. It really shows the company care about their users experience. The keynote was very clean and polished, the only issue I had was the lack of audience response. They needed to be more hyped!

I'd love to visit a pop-up event, again travelling to London wasn't possible for me this year, so I would love to see more pop-ups in the UK. Manchester would pull in a big crowd! ;)

I can't wait to get my hands on a OnePlus 6T, I love that teardrop notch. The only thing it is missing for me is wireless charging. Maybe something for the 7?

11. Mark Falsing
    Moderator Moderator Oct 31, 2018

Mark Falsing , Oct 31, 2018 :
    I just wanted to write here about my favorite moment here.
    I was fortunate enough to attend the Keynote in Copenhagen:

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-6t-keynote.932157/

And watched the livestream from New York, the day after I watched the livestream from India.
    What really amazed me was @Pete talk, he looked so charismatic and genuine up on stage that it actually was touching.
    Knowing that he doesn't speak English all to well, this was an amazing feat to say the least.

Talking to people that attended both launches, the vibes were great and people really enjoyed themselves.

Great work and Never Settle

12. Irenicusss
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2018

Irenicusss , Oct 31, 2018 :
    I saw the NY presentation via livestream, I appreciate the fact that Karl didn't push too much on the "we are the best" motto that is so fashionable these days, but he presented the product and let the public decide how to react to it.
    Also I want to plause Pete for his first presentation in english, you could see the effort he put in that.

13. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Oct 31, 2018

The1Lion , Oct 31, 2018 :
    The best part was meeting you of course (brownie points!) ;):D

It was an amazing experience and I really enjoyed meeting people and talking about the 6T, even if it was simply that they wanted me to wipe the fingerprints from the phone(s) so they could take a pic :rolleyes:. Somewhere in the vast entangled web there is probably at least one pic of my hand holding a 6T :D

Oh! There's one now!
    IMG_20181029_132520.jpg

Ruby G. likes this.
  14. humanmayank
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

humanmayank , Oct 31, 2018 :
    - Both new york and New Delhi event via broadcast
    - Event was great as unlike usual event launches focusing on useless product features and shit it focused more on the community aspect. Really looking forward for the OnePlus Book announced in New Delhi event. Also focus on community during launches gives an boost to the community as the whole community feels like they are a part of the event.

15. nicontiveros
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

nicontiveros , Oct 31, 2018 :
    • I attended New Yor event through the online live stream
    • I really enjoyed the keynote, and what I liked about it was the lights, and the dance music, instead of treating it more like an office interview (*cough-cough Google and Apple *cough-cough) Oneplus treated it as it were a party or a special event; which is how, in my opinion, everyone should treat it MjZqcSB5jaboxfGwZBkgjm-320-80.jpg (via TechRadar)
    • Being that Oneplus isn't as old as Apple or Google or Samsung, there is not much judgment from me about how they could've done better, though after all with that being said their newest flagship is pretty amazing for matching up with 2018 standards, especially for having something futuristic, Oneplus 6t FP animation.jpg Starwars or 2049 kind of stuff such as the in-display finger print scanner. MKBHD said the animation is corny. In my opinion, it matches perfectly.

16. geekyaman
    Donut Oct 31, 2018

geekyaman , Oct 31, 2018 :
    1540996109022.jpg

1540996109184.jpg

1540996109247.jpg

1540996109343.jpg

1540996109372.jpg

1540996109447.jpg
    OnePlus 6T
    unlock the speed yet Succeed. [e]1f44c[/e][e]2665[/e]️
    OnePlus organised a powerful and perfect even for OnePlus 6T launch at Indria Ghandhi Complex which was highly crowed with Community members and other Media.

Entry was quite security proof as alot of gates with policemen also few volunteers where present for hassleless Registration and entry, where OnePlus provided us one food coupon and Goodie bag to each one of us. kind a second best part of event lol, first is yet to come.

Inside the complex there was ample of seating for more than 2,000 people at more with a gorgeous lighting which was pleasant to eye as well they matched with OnePlus 6T theme Color i.e violet and red.

Then they surprised us with Divine Live performance which was just WOW [e]1f60d[/e][e]1f44c[/e] and I would personally thanks OnePlus for his live performance.

Follow Carl launched OnePlus 6T alongside elaborated the story of indisplay Fingerprint and other important things which you can see in live stream present on OnePlus YT channel.

So when he unlocked the speed with OnePlus 6T and it's price was the first best part i.e 37,999 even though I'm OnePlus 6 user but still I'm upgrading to OnePlus 6T as after using it at experience centre I can't keep my eyes off from OnePlus 6T.

wait at the Carl again surprised us by telling that each of us will be getting OnePlus new Explorer bagpack. boom that was the moment every single was shouting like hell, I can't post that video though as limitation but event was the best launch event I ever attended in my life and again thanks for goodies [e]2665[/e]️

Thank you
    OnePlus and team.

Ruby G. and afsal_ys like this.
  17. BeingIncog
    Nougat Oct 31, 2018

BeingIncog , Oct 31, 2018 :
    I attended OnePlus 6t launch event, New York and Delhi, both via live broadcast on youtube with sluggish internet (ty local service provider)!!!

I was really excited with both the launch events, Indian launch event was little more enjoyable!!!

OnePlus team did their best, that what I'm happy about!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

#NeverSettle

afsal_ys and Mr. Vandelay like this.
  18. Gupz17
    Froyo Oct 31, 2018

Gupz17 , Oct 31, 2018 :
    After owing 5t and following OnePlus events via broadcasting .OnePlus now become my new favourite .Earlier it was Apple though.
    but both the events was superb and the main surprise highlight was "YOU 'RE INVITED". I desperately want to read it . can't wait for that .
    and the backpack was just awesome apart from blazing speeder OnePlus 6t

19. G_Sourav_Ekka_bMIR
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

20. pacific24
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

pacific24 , Oct 31, 2018 :
    I don't go to oneplOn Delhi wvenebut I saw whole launch live via YouTube. It's a great experience. Most great and love of that launch event when we saw night scape scene camera's feature. It's so great and fabulously amazing @Ruby.G
    I hope , I shall win . If I win, it's so helped me to improve my photography skill.