Giving Away my invites. Got three to give away

1. leol
    Honeycomb Jul 24, 2014

2. Slyck
    Froyo Jul 24, 2014

Slyck , Jul 24, 2014 :
    Have heard that one a hundred times... ;)

3. arunhlms
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2014

arunhlms , Jul 24, 2014 :
    Instead of using a diamond ring, propose with the OnePlus One to your gf.

It is such a rare item.

Slyck likes this.
  4. Slyck
    Froyo Jul 24, 2014

Slyck , Jul 24, 2014 :
    Gonna step away from the computer, help my woman cook and be back in 20 mins. Results at 10!

5. LyGuy
    Eclair Jul 24, 2014

LyGuy , Jul 24, 2014 :
    East coast here as well. If you're Canadian, go on a eastern road trip to PEI, see the Green Gable, etc, then propose to her on the shore or in an old fisherman town. Get that old school classic vibe to it.

Slyck likes this.
  6. Slyck
    Froyo Jul 24, 2014

Slyck , Jul 24, 2014 :
    C'mon man...

7. Mitchel
    Donut Jul 24, 2014

Mitchel , Jul 24, 2014 :
    you could have a banner flying from an airplane asking her ;) just some whack idea hope it helped

8. cyc604
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 24, 2014

9. hlazkani
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2014

10. maruf khwaja
    Donut Jul 24, 2014

maruf khwaja , Jul 24, 2014 :
    A West Virginian hitchhiker was picked up by a guy in a big Lincoln Continental. The West Virginian noticed a bunch of golf tees on the front seat and asked, "What are those things for?" The driver said, "They're to hold my balls while I drive." "Boy," exclaimed the West Virginian, "these Lincoln Continentals have everything, don't they?"

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014

11. LyGuy
    Eclair Jul 24, 2014

LyGuy , Jul 24, 2014 :
    What you making?

12. Asd2724815
    Eclair Jul 24, 2014

Asd2724815 , Jul 24, 2014 :
    For a simple surprise, after she goes to bed, go to her jewelry box and replace her everyday ring with the engagement ring. She'll be completely shocked in the morning when she goes to put on her regular ring.

If you want to do it in public, I think it would be cool to hire a skywriter to spell out your proposal for everyone around to see.

It really depends on your gf's personality. It may sound stupid, but pay attention to what she does and think about what she said or reacted when you watch a proposal scene in a movie or real life, you should get a hint that what does she wants. Talk to her friend, girls talk about thing like that. Take your time and do it right.

Slyck likes this.
  13. ar4757
    Cupcake Jul 24, 2014

ar4757 , Jul 24, 2014 :
    Why do murderers always get away with it in West Virginia?

Because everyone there has the same DNA.

No offense intended, purely joking

As for a proposal, you could do something simple and unique. Go out to eat at a restaurant, and speak with the staff in advance. Have them put the ring in her glass of water (assuming your girl drinks water sometimes out to eat). When the come out to serve the drinks, have the waiter spill the water on her. In her lap shall rest the ring! Oh and right when the water is spilled, get up and walk over to her as if to see how wet she is. Then, the moment sees the ring, get down to the ground and propose. She should be in enough happiness to not mind the, you know, dumping of the beverage all over her. Recipe for success

14. ak68
    Froyo Jul 24, 2014

ak68 , Jul 24, 2014 :
    Do you know about hoopies? That is West by God Virginia's slang for mountaineers that made the circular hoops for wooden barrels. There is not much demand for this anymore so most of them and their offspring moved to better jobs upriver around Wheeling and Weirton. Now the joke, what is the difference between a hoopie and a turd? The turd floats down the river. I worked at Weirton Steel before they shutdown and may be the offspring of a hoopie. I am also a proud WVU Mountaineer!

Slyck likes this.
  15. thedriver
    Donut Jul 24, 2014

thedriver , Jul 24, 2014 :
    Proposal ideas (i've been thinking about them for my girlfriend of 8 years):
    1. Go truffle hunting (in France if you can) and get the truffle growers to hide the ring under a tree. The truffle growers will need to get your girlfriend to dig in this particular spot to find truffles and instead she'll find the ring.
    2. Take her on a long weekend holiday somewhere really nice, with a magical view (mountains or ocean or river). Take a picnic. Plan before you go to buy a really nice bottle of wine and get a custom made label for it. On the label write a poem about why you want to marry her, all the good things about her, kind of like describing a wine. Let her open the wine and then propose to her.
    3. Write her a song. If you can learn to play an instrument or already play an instrument, sing it to her somewhere public... in a park, on the beach.

Plan it so that someone can take photos from a distance of her reaction. She'll want to remember that moment you propose to her forever.

Slyck likes this.
  16. thedriver
    Donut Jul 24, 2014

What do West Virginians do on Halloween?
    Pump kin!

17. thedriver
    Donut Jul 24, 2014

A West Virginia State trooper pulled over a pickup on I-79. The trooper asked, “Got any ID?”
    The driver of the pickup replied, ” ‘Bout whut?”

Slyck likes this.
  18. syed12
    Eclair Jul 24, 2014

syed12 , Jul 24, 2014 :
    Plzz choose me

19. sazam91
    Donut Jul 24, 2014

20. hhalvey23
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2014

hhalvey23 , Jul 24, 2014 :
    Did you hear that the governor's mansion in West Virginia burned down?
    It almost took out the whole trailer park.