Giving up!

1. onerav
    Donut Nov 16, 2014

onerav , Nov 16, 2014 :
    well i finally got an invite.. but i read email after around 2 hrs the invite was expired.. didn't know we have t claim the invite within 24 hrs of getting invite. This to me is little stupid of one plus as people might be travelling and stuff, and might not have been able to catch up with the latest email instantly. Also keep waiting for months n only 24 hrs to claim the invite is not rational.. what do you think?
    i've decided not to hunt for invite any more and rather look somewhere else.. with better customer service overall, just in-case something is wrong with the device.

Update: Just received an invitation from User: Smile. Thanks a bunch, just bought 64GB version as-well!
    Rather than letting the shareable invites to expire i think best to share.. do share to someone particularly new members as-well. Why not help someone willing to buy. i don't think asking for invite is begging when someone is willing to put their money on the product they desire!

Thanks to all the participants with all the variety of opinions here!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014

calambur and masterbslim like this.
  2. Timas
    Honeycomb Nov 16, 2014

3. Majamulli
    KitKat Nov 16, 2014

Majamulli , Nov 16, 2014 :
    There are different kinds of invites, some last only 24h, some last 7 days. Sucks that it expired but you will get another one at some point. But if you want to give up, thats your choice.

4. Berish
    Donut Nov 16, 2014

5. systemworm
    Gingerbread Nov 16, 2014

6. OnePlusOneFan1
    Froyo Nov 16, 2014

7. Thomasvda
    Gingerbread Nov 16, 2014

8. lassmat
    Jelly Bean Nov 16, 2014

9. flecca
    Gingerbread Nov 16, 2014

flecca , Nov 16, 2014 :
    send me your email

10. jackihiko
    Cupcake Nov 16, 2014

jackihiko , Nov 16, 2014 :
    Im also trying to get one really hard..Ive spent way too much money on iPhones and I think that its high time i switch back to my roots :)

11. WhiteWashed
    Gingerbread Nov 16, 2014

WhiteWashed , Nov 16, 2014 :
    I was really lucky with my invite and I've received it just a little before giving definitely up for the Nexus 5. Don't give up. Wait for pre-orders (less than 24 hrs) and pre-order it.

12. Ed32801
    Jelly Bean Nov 16, 2014

Ed32801 , Nov 16, 2014 :
    That is a great idea! If only Marconi had given up then we wouldn't even have to worry about this whole wireless thing:)

13. onerav
    Donut Nov 17, 2014

onerav , Nov 17, 2014 :
    Just not trying to be bone head here, wishing a chance to buy just a god damn phone!

14. SSRog20
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 17, 2014

SSRog20 , Nov 17, 2014 :
    [​IMG]

Don't give up. It's all about...Patience & Alertness

You seem to have a bit of patience, now be a bit more alert. Some of the folks that are here sharing are in different time zones, different countries for that matter. So so have to be watching for your invite notice here in the forums and your email from OnePlus at your email address you used to set-up this account.

I had a few odd things happen when I finally got my invite too, but after reviewing everything, I found that it was my fault.

Plus, you might be smart to do your preorder now and be prepared to do the non-invite purchase in 1hr. and 31 mins from now!!! Click here for PreOrders

FYI, OnePlus is doing it this way because their not a huge company like all the other manufacturers. they don't have all their money spent on marketing. And by doing INVITE ONLY, they can control they flow of orders and supply.

And you have to admit, it does create a great buzz!

Tip: Insure that you add you billing and shipping address to your OnePlus account. Insure that it's the same address for your PayPal billing address.

nikkiws, ReggieTwyn and mb67 like this.
  15. barlowrm
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 17, 2014

16. rippingpants
    Froyo Nov 17, 2014

17. leekokkheng
    Jelly Bean Nov 17, 2014

18. mandaverde
    Gingerbread Nov 17, 2014

mandaverde , Nov 17, 2014 :
    Hey,
    I totally know what you are going through, I too am in the same boat. I have had two invites, but due to a bug I couldn’t accept them. I pretty much have given up mentally however, I am physically going thru the steps of a preorder. Just hang in there, I have been doing this for over a month now still have a temp phone that is totally out of date. The more difficult it is to get an OPO the more I want it…
    thanks.

19. Louisa
    Eclair Nov 17, 2014

20. Leonardo prado
    Cupcake Nov 17, 2014

Leonardo prado , Nov 17, 2014 :

It happened the same thing to me. But after 1 month I got another invitation.

Wright now I have 2 invites to give away. If you want, send me your e-mail.

They will expire in 4 days.

I'm loving mine!