Global Version vs Chinese Version

1. Mass1j8
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 18, 2022

Mass1j8 , Jan 18, 2022 :
    Hi all,

I have previously owned OPO, OP2 and OP3 but lost touch with the brand due to rising prices and budget cuts >.< I now need a good camera phone and am interested in getting back on board with oneplus 10Pro. Whilst i waited months for OPO, this time around I cannot wait that long.

Could you please enlighten me to what would be the main differences between the chinese version and the global version (Malta, Europe)

2. Bobbie63
    Nougat Jan 18, 2022

Bobbie63 , Jan 18, 2022 :
    Like everything, Chinese version has no Google apps to start with. Secondly, OP10 pro has only been released in China, so there is no real comparison possible between the Chinese version and Global or or any other version outside China.

3. Tobikage
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Jan 18, 2022

Tobikage , Jan 18, 2022 :
    Does OnePlus sell officially in your country ?

The Chinese variant will have different LTE and 5G band support

Non existent warranty outside of China for a start.

4. Mass1j8

Mass1j8 , Jan 18, 2022 :
    OP sells to Malta and I had bought trough other EU countries in the early days.

Other than LTE and 5G band support, do you think I would be able to make use of all features of the phone ?

This smartphone is pre-installed with full Google Mobile Service, and with Google Play Store, OTA updating supported; Would this mean that I would be able to use the phone as the global version and receive all updates given that the bands used in Malta are supported?

I would normally wait but would like to give the phone as a gift to my wife as we are expecting our first born

5. Tobikage
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Jan 18, 2022

Tobikage , Jan 18, 2022 :
    Buy the one meant for your region / country.

That's all I'll suggest.

Aaron2017, Caomhin and Gor. like this.
  6. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Jan 18, 2022

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 18, 2022 :
    As you can see here,
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-10-pro-color-os-notification-problem.1536687/
    the Chinese 10 Pro only comes with ColorOS. There is no regional OOS that can be installed. And as its purely designed for the Chinese market, and it may have many issues outside of that market where ColorOS is not designed for.
    And the only support you would get would be from OnePlus China.
    https://www.oneplusbbs.com/

Aaron2017 likes this.
  7. Mass1j8

Mass1j8 , Jan 18, 2022 :
    Thanks for this...Will probably have to go for a different phone then :/

Caomhin likes this.