GLOWING ONEPLUS LOGO

1. soundhar mani
    Eclair Sep 30, 2018

soundhar mani , Sep 30, 2018 :
    Guys will anyone know how to make our OnePlus logo glow on it's backside?

Thanks in advance if you give your best guidance to me guys.........

2. Sujknair
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 30, 2018

S1509801375025 likes this.
  3. soundhar mani
    Eclair Sep 30, 2018

But it will not glow in night and it is not a constant one bro .. anyway thanks for your suggestion..

Anything....????

4. deasom
    Honeycomb Sep 30, 2018

deasom , Sep 30, 2018 :
    They're gonna fix it with the new software update.

just keep waiting.

5. Sujknair
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 30, 2018

Sujknair , Sep 30, 2018 :
    You do realise that phosphorescent material is literally what they use to make glow-in-the-dark toys, right?

Perhaps what you want is an actual light strip? In which case, best of luck. Not an easy thing to do, im guessing.

yourdesiredusername likes this.
  6. soundhar mani
    Eclair Sep 30, 2018

thanks bro..

7. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Sep 30, 2018

ghostofcain , Sep 30, 2018 :
    Radium paint, a thin coating will give it the glow you desire.

yourdesiredusername likes this.
  8. soundhar mani
    Eclair Sep 30, 2018

thanks my friend..

9. patrice58
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 1, 2018

patrice58 , Oct 1, 2018 :
    You do know that Radium paint is extremely radioactive..............

10. geo07
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 1, 2018

11. Nikhil Seenivas
    Honeycomb Oct 1, 2018

Nikhil Seenivas , Oct 1, 2018 :
    there is a video from Stanger tech and he made an iphone 6s apple logo glow. i think the same can be done to your phone as well

12. chelonids
    Gingerbread Oct 1, 2018

chelonids , Oct 1, 2018 :
    To glow would mean you need:
    1) a light source and an energy source to produce light (example: light bulb connected to a battery or radioluminiscent paint like radium or tritium paint -- both of which are radioactive)
    2) something that can temporarily store energy to produce light (example: "glow in the dark" sticker or paint) or
    3) something that reflects light well to mimic a glow (example: reflective sticker or paint)

To examine the options in detail:

1) Light source connected to energy source

Just behind the logo on the back is the battery pack on the inside of the phone -- in other words, there is no space in the phone to add another light source. Even LED light strips cannot fit in. And then you need to fit in extra wires to hook it up to the light sensor and the battery, to light it up when dark. Otherwise the light will always be on and draining battery. To get the phone to be small, the space in the phone is limited and all used up.

Edit: I saw that the iPhone logo can be made to glow. I am surprised that a light can be made to fit in. If there is space, the phone can be thinner in size.
    Edit 2: People have cracked their iPhone screens doing this.

Another option is to get a phone case that has a logo that lights up. You will have to search this yourself.

I am assuming that you will not consider radioactive paint because it is generally difficult to buy, store and use the radioactive paint safely without endangering yourself or others.

2) Something that can temporarily store energy to produce light
    3) Something that reflects light well to mimic a glow

These two are the safer options to explore if you cannot find a phone case with a logo that lights up. Either "glow in the dark" or reflective stickers or paint would be much easier to obtain and use. If you reject these then your options are limited to just the phone casing -- which I doubt is available.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018

13. Swapnanil Sinha
    Donut Oct 16, 2019