Gmail App keeps stopping

1. Jánosi László
    Donut Sep 7, 2018

Jánosi László , Sep 7, 2018 :
    Today Gmail App suddenly stopped working. If I open the app, it instanly closes and I got the Gmail App stopped working window. Things I tried:
    • clear app cache
    • clear data
    • uninstall/reinstall from Google Play
    • downloaded the newest apk from APKMirror
    • wipe cache is recovery mode
    None of these helped me, the app is still not working. What is the problem?? What else can I try?
    PLS help me! THX!

2. Zaphodrocks
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 7, 2018

Zaphodrocks , Sep 7, 2018 :
    Factory reset the phone.

3. xnutzii
    Lollipop Sep 7, 2018

xnutzii , Sep 7, 2018 :
    No, this won't help, as the Gmail app is bad.

The Gmail app crashes on almost every device i have used so far, so you can't do anything about it, i don't know why it's like that.

4. Zaphodrocks
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 7, 2018

Zaphodrocks , Sep 7, 2018 :
    It has never crashed for me on the 5T, Moto Z and Nexus 5. Doubt one of Google's main apps can be that bad.

5. adhikar
    Cupcake Sep 7, 2018

6. xnutzii
    Lollipop Sep 7, 2018

xnutzii , Sep 7, 2018 :
    It has crashed all the time on my 5T, was some time ago, tho only if I'm not using WiFi.

On my old LG phone (as well as the samsung galaxy s5 of my dad) it crashes without any message at all, it just closes down without saying anything that the app has crashed. I don't know how to fix this, tho i don't mind anymore, since it hasn't crashed in a while.

So yeah.

7. Jánosi László
    Donut Sep 10, 2018

Jánosi László , Sep 10, 2018 :
    You will not believe it, but I found the solution! So not the Gmail app was bad....it was a bad version of the Chrome app!! I decided to factory reset the phone and install everything new. After reset I started to install the used apps on the phone and of course I tried to open the Gmail app and it was working just fine, everything worked fine. So I was happy :) Then I wanted to install the newest version of Chrome with the new Material theme, but what the Play store offered me is an older version (v68.....). So no problem, there is the APK Mirror website where I can download the latest version (69.0.3497.86) with the Material theme. I downloaded it, it was working fine, the Material theme was there, so I was happy again :) Then after a few minutes I got an email, I wanted to open it in the Gmail app and......Gmail app stopped working!!!! Nooo way I said......then I realized that the Google App also stopped working and the Google Maps stopped working. After a few minutes of thinking I tried to uninstall the Chrome app, because that was the only one that I not installed from Play Store. And after uninstall everything worked just fine. So clearly the problem was the bad version of the Chrome app. BTW, that was the version that I downloaded:
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/googl...me-browser-69-0-3497-86-android-apk-download/

So problem solved :) One more question, does anyone know where to report this problem? Where can I tell Google, that a version of Chrome app was so bad that I had to reset my phone??

Ohh and thanks for everyone for the answers :)