Any thoughts on why my GMail keeps stopping?
what sort of account(s) do you have added?
when did it start stopping?
when does it stop?
It's a Gmail account...not sure how else to call it.
it has only started happening as of this morning.
it won't open and frequently flags "Gmail stopped"
Ok (you can use other types of account such as Exchange, O365, etc so I had to ask).
Try booting into recovery and clearing the cache.
1. Power off phone.
2. Power on phone whilst holding down the volume down button (this takes slightly longer to react than you would expect and after the initial splash screen goes blank for a slightly un-nerving amount of time. But just wait).
3. Enter the PIN/Password you use to unlock the phone when prompted.
4. Choose a language.
5. Choose "Wipe data and cache" (don't worry this is only a path to a submenu, it won't delete your data).
6. Choose "Wipe cache" (IMPORTANT - MAKE SURE YOU DON'T TAP ERASE EVERYTHING).
7. It will confirm that you have selected clear cache and ask you to say YES.
8. When it says success choose "Reboot"
That's brilliant. Thank you so much for your help. Resolved.
ah no, sorry. It has crashed again even after doing your instructions. aarrggh!
delete the Gmail app data.
repeat the steps mentioned previously.
I can now open Gmail without it "stopping" but it is struggling to sync. It trys to sync but just goes on and on trying..
My gmail app won’stop syncing, also!
Transformez-vous avec la transformation Zen en 21 jours.
by Vito B., 2019-10-15