Gmail not show up in Battery Optimization list

1. KamiKhan Cupcake Oct 17, 2018

KamiKhan, Oct 17, 2018 :
    I'm using a OP3 and had the same issue with Gmail battery optimization and timely notifications and used Inbox as a work around. With Google winding down Inbox: https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/...ion-disable-gmail-notifications-apk-teardown/
    anyone know if this issue remains with Pie?

2. doekus Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 17, 2018

doekus, Oct 17, 2018 :
    Same here but than with google now. I need to excluded the app from optimizations. But not possible.

3. andrina224 Gingerbread Jan 3, 2019

andrina224, Jan 3, 2019 :
    I currently have the same problem and I don't know how to fix it. I'm not getting Gmail notifications and I would like to set it to "not optimized" but I'm unable to.

4. PokiX Jelly Bean Jan 4, 2019

PokiX, Jan 4, 2019 :
    That is not needed, people are getting Gmail notification with Gmail optimized.
    Do you miss ONLY Gmail notification?

stark2991_PL likes this.
  5. stark2991_PL KitKat Jan 4, 2019

stark2991_PL, Jan 4, 2019 :
    There was a time, when I was getting very delayed notifications from Gmail. Like messages from yesterday. And I did nothing, it "fixed" itself.

6. PokiX Jelly Bean Jan 4, 2019

PokiX, Jan 4, 2019 :
    I got major notification problems. Searching Google forum didn't bring anything (horrible support). There's some diagnostic stuff in Google menu then Show hidden. GCM diagnostics.
    I had 0 notification coming by themselves and constant connection error to GCM diagnostic (centralised notification system). And Google account sync showing errors.
    The only thing that solved was a factory reset..

7. DinkoDes Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 4, 2019

DinkoDes, Jan 4, 2019 :
    I also have the problem. After reboot or longer time of inactivity I realise I did not received not one email.
    Than I manually open Gmail and I get 10-20 emails at once.
    OP5

8. PokiX Jelly Bean Jan 4, 2019

PokiX, Jan 4, 2019 :
    Same question: Other notification too or just Gmail?

9. DinkoDes Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 6, 2019

DinkoDes, Jan 6, 2019 :
    Just Gmail.
    The other apps I do not count as as I left them on Battery optimisation list on purpose.
    Interesting is that Facebook go around that problem even it is on same list and notifications still come.

10. PokiX Jelly Bean Jan 6, 2019

PokiX, Jan 6, 2019 :

DinkoDes

Just Gmail.
    The other apps I do not count as as I left them on Battery optimisation list on purpose.
    Interesting is that Facebook go around that problem even it is on same list and notifications still come.​

Maybe FB doesn't use same notification system.
    Do you see synchronisation problem in Google account in settings?

You shouldn't need to put apps in no optimized for the purpose of notification. This is usually a bad idea, it will drain your battery a bit

11. stark2991_PL KitKat Jan 6, 2019

stark2991_PL, Jan 6, 2019 :
    I have optimisation enabled for Gmail and other apps and it doesn't affect notifications.

PokiX likes this.
  12. NikhilJagtap Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 6, 2019

NikhilJagtap, Jan 6, 2019 :
    I do receive mail notifications 3 days later. It isn't issue with phone but the app itself. I have noticed that it happens when I have two accounts, (Gmail and Institute domain each), the account I opened last time will show proper notifications but not the other one.

13. erikronao Donut Jan 26, 2019

erikronao, Jan 26, 2019 :
    If you have Nova Launcher installed, there's a workaround.

Long press on home screen>widgets>activities>scroll to settings>select Settings>select the .settngs$highpowerapplicationsactivity.

Now this battery optimization shortcut is not the same as the one that you see in battery settings in settings, this one displays the system apps. Just noticed this workaround just now while i was looking for solutions on how to not optimize gmail in battery optimization. Will still observe if this really works, hate to do the adb route to uninstall those system apps and then reintsalling them again.

Attached Files:

14. harshadkmishra Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 2, 2019

harshadkmishra, Feb 2, 2019 :
    Worked just as you said. Now have to wait to see if this will actually solve the problem but this is the closest I've come to a solution. I logged in just to thank you. So thanks a tonne Erik.

erikronao likes this.
  15. Kerngehirn3 Honeycomb Feb 4, 2019

Kerngehirn3, Feb 4, 2019 :
    Great workaround. Thanks. Needed it to unoptimize Google search app.

16. vukisz Cupcake Mar 28, 2019

vukisz, Mar 28, 2019 :
    No such shortcut available for onePlus 6t :-( Gmail also set to be battery optimized and cannot see it in battery optimization list

17. valuable Froyo Jun 14, 2019

valuable, Jun 14, 2019 :
    Your suggestion perfectly works until a reboot. If we reboot our phones we should reach the same shortcut and make the same arrangements for google apps like Google, Gmail, Duo etc.

Before finding your post I disabled doze and light modes via adb command which fixes notification issue for all apps except it causes 10-15% battery loss because of disabling the power saving mode for all. Thanks to you I have started to get 7+ hrs SoT again and I don't need to connect my phone to the pc after every boot.

erikronao likes this.
  18. H1554215583969 Cupcake Jul 19, 2019 at 4:42 PM

H1554215583969, Jul 19, 2019 at 4:42 PM :

This worked for me... Quick fix