Gmail notification issue via OnePlus 6T

1. YogitaTalathi
    Cupcake Dec 25, 2021

YogitaTalathi , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 25, 2021 :
    Hello There,

It's been more than 2 months I am not receiving Gmail notifications and it's not syncing too. It's happening after the OS update.

https://support.google.com/mail/tro...-settings,check-your-phone-or-tablet-settings

I need to open gmail and refresh manually. I have tried everything possible from this thread and various other threads on the internet like changing settings, etc. Nothing seems to work for me. It is really frustrating. Please take a look into this asap.

I have contacted Gmail team too. They are looking into it and they are suggesting that it is a device specific issue most probably. So, requesting OnePlus to intervene here and provide a solution.

Thank you!

2. Lt. Mad Insane
    Froyo Dec 26, 2021

Lt. Mad Insane , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 26, 2021 :
    I am facing syncing issue too recently. And it's not just work Gmail. Other apps facing similar issues including games. The app will load but the content won't.
    1640490663655.jpg

3. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Dec 27, 2021

Shailender Sharma likes this.
  4. WonMinus
    Froyo Dec 29, 2021

5. YogitaTalathi
    Cupcake Dec 29, 2021

YogitaTalathi , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 29, 2021 :
    I have done that already. I am really regretting my purchase from OnePlus now. It's really frustrating that it's been happening for so long and there is no resolution yet!

6. Raja.Biswas
    Cupcake Dec 30, 2021

7. Y1640615494639
    Cupcake Jan 2, 2022

Y1640615494639 , via OnePlus 9 , Jan 2, 2022 :
    Recently purchased OnePlus 9, notification for all the apps same issue. I am missing important notification too. I am really regretting my purchase from OnePlus now. It's really frustrating that it's been happening for so long and there is no resolution yet!

8. Raja.Biswas
    Cupcake Jan 9, 2022

9. A1594910915738
    Honeycomb Jan 10, 2022

A1594910915738 , Jan 10, 2022 :
    That's indeed what OnePlus wants you to do... Creating bugs on older phones, let users believe there is an issue with phone, so you buy new one

10. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Jan 10, 2022

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 10, 2022 :
    1641820737405.jpg

11. Jan Kutik
    Froyo Jan 18, 2022

Jan Kutik , Jan 18, 2022 :
    Its not just gmail, but also google drive, keep notes, google calendar etc that are not syncing. This issue started sometime in late November on my OP9 pro. I tried literally everything to fix it, fiddling with all kinds of setting for apps, notifications, battery, all kinds of optimizations, trying to wipe cache million times and restart the phone, including full factory reset of the phone, but no difference in the end. Basically doesn't matter what setting you change. Even for full factory reset immediately after setting up the phone you will notify that multiple google apps/services stop syncing on the backgroud. It has nothing to do with notifications ;) its pure SYNC issue on the background preventing services to receive push notifications.
    After spending weeks fiddling with this horrible problem I found the "solution", unfortunately its not permanent solution. When you uninstall updates to Google Play Services and install a version from mid-November (from apk mirror for instnace, I picked the one from Nover 13th I believe) all these tools will start syncing and sending notifications again. I was running like this for weeks until stupid play services got updated automatically on the background, in that case all services are sill syncing, up to the point when you charge battery. afterwards gmail and other servcices stop syncing and it is not even possible to sync manually from Account screen -> google -> sync manually. If I unistall the latest google play services update and install the one from mid-November all services starts to sync and notify again. I was running like this for over a month but I tell you it is not convenient to be constantly worried that google play services will eventually update on the background and you are forced to repeat that entire process over and over until either OP or Google will fix this. Unfortunately it is impossible to disable updates on google play services, Even staying away from wifi won't help and eventually this component receive the latest update silently on the backgroud.
    I have seen very little issues like this reported for other phones (not OP) therefore I believe the issue must be fixed by phone manufactured, e.g. OP.
    PS: you can most probably see that if you navigate through settings, the icon for Google play services is distorted, this tells you you have this corruption of incompatibility of some OP sw and google play services, after installing older version of the play services the icon is showed correctly. so not only multiple google components/services stop syncing also UI bugs are visible, at least for my OP9 pro. I already reported this as a bug for OP9 pro but I believe it is general problem between google and OP sw that needs to be fixed by OP I guess, I really doubt Google will change their components or services just because OP phones are having some compatibility issues.

maybe someone finds this piece of info valuable, maybe not.

12. WonMinus
    Froyo Jan 18, 2022

WonMinus , Jan 18, 2022 :
    This is not the case that OnePlus 6/6T are facing.

13. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Jan 18, 2022

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 18, 2022 :
    If you don't see any improvement after trying the suggestions given. Please send Bug reports and give Feedback on the issues back to the OnePlus OOS developers. So that they can investigate them.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

And you can also contact OnePlus support directly to see if they have more information on your issue. Scroll down the page for Email, Phone contact and online Chat details.
    https://www.oneplus.com/support