Gmail Notification Issues

1. zaveed
    Gingerbread Aug 30, 2021

zaveed , Aug 30, 2021 :
    Yes, I did install the Evolution rom and the notifications were working and the battery lasted for more than a day. There were some other issues like (Calls sometimes does not ring, auto brightness issue,OOS cam not available, Widevine reduced to L3....) i switched back to OOS and plagued by this issue.

2. Rigby
    Froyo Aug 30, 2021

Rigby , Aug 30, 2021 :
    I strongly advise you to report it here:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback

The more we report it the more possibilities we have for them to pay attention to this.

Thank you.

3. Rigby
    Froyo Aug 30, 2021

Rigby , Aug 30, 2021 :
    You should report it here:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback

Thank you.

4. zaveed
    Gingerbread Aug 30, 2021

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021

5. W1629881578972
    Cupcake Aug 30, 2021

6. Rigby
    Froyo Aug 30, 2021

Rigby , Aug 30, 2021 :
    Apparently they have been working on it since April. I truly believe that they do not know how to fix it. And that's very sad and speaks terribly about Oneplus dev team. It is in fact, unbelievable

7. zaveed
    Gingerbread Aug 31, 2021

zaveed , Aug 31, 2021 :
    Yup.
    What else can we end users or Fools (if i may call so) do? we paid a very hefty price for a phone which is not worth more than 100$.

They will continue to be WORKING till OS12 comes out and will concentrate on the new devices , OP 9T and then another one, this will get lost in the useless list of products as usual.

8. RockeRey
    Eclair Aug 31, 2021

RockeRey , Aug 31, 2021 :
    This is the second major bug I have been reporting to OnePlus and this is the second time in a row that I am getting zero useful support. I don't usually complain but this time it's something I cannot keep ignoring, as this GMail issue represents a huge deal breaker to me.

OnePlus, please fix this. The push notifications on GMail do not work, the GMail account does not sync (and some other Google Apps accounts neither!) even when you manually activate the Sync Now button on the account settings.
    Smartphones nowadays are being used for work, and this is a BIG problem that you cannot ignore. This is not an issue regarding TikTok, this is an issue that concerns an application that is being used for work.

To use your words, I personally am not going to settle for this. Hence, please show us what we should "Never Settle" for.

9. Rigby
    Froyo Aug 31, 2021

Rigby , Aug 31, 2021 :
    The only thing we can do is keep on posting and giving visibility to this issue.

I wonder if at least one of the youtubers who are always talking good about Oneplus could help us. A major bug. I will say it again, A MAJOR BUG that was reported in April and it hasn't been fixed 6 months after.

Freaking unbelievable.

angelolombardo likes this.
  10. Alessandro.Vilardi , via OnePlus 9 , Sep 1, 2021 :
    Got my very first OnePlus phone yesterday (OP9) coming from a Pixel 4. I'm facing this bug which is really annoying and unbelievable. I'll send a bug report but, seriously, this should be addressed in a couple of week, not even months!

11. zaveed
    Gingerbread Sep 1, 2021

zaveed , Sep 1, 2021 :
    I really wish this happens but knowing the new Oneplus Tag line " Never Settle With Bugs" doubt it .i would be happy if they fix it in the next version or 12.0 , If you can wait for this endless wait, welcome , if not you should sell/replace this device and get back to your pixel 4 or buy another device.

12. aziz25
    Froyo Sep 2, 2021

aziz25 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Sep 2, 2021 :
    For notifications on gmail Go look Settings - > Accounts - Account Sync, data usage then you'll see that the sync is not activated. check the box sync Gmail manually to
    1630546412651.jpg
    force the sync.

13. RockeRey
    Eclair Sep 3, 2021

RockeRey , Sep 3, 2021 :
    No. Everything is enabled and there are no limitations. The issue persists and it's a problem from OnePlus' side, not from GMail.

aziz25 and angelolombardo like this.

14. Rigby
    Froyo Sep 4, 2021

15. Aves2837
    Eclair Sep 4, 2021

16. angelolombardo
    Donut Sep 6, 2021

angelolombardo , via OnePlus 9 , Sep 6, 2021 :
    Update: I unchecked everything from the sync options of my main google account, rebooted, rechecked everything and now it's magically working again.

Hope this helps you guys too

Miguel_Angel_Amor likes this.
  17. Miguel_Angel_Amor
    Cupcake Sep 8, 2021

Miguel_Angel_Amor , via OnePlus 9 , Sep 8, 2021 :
    This method work to me. I get push notifications mails now.