Scottp2765 likes this.
  2. Bronkos
    Froyo Jun 16, 2021

3. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jun 16, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jun 16, 2021 :
    Try the following.

Open Gmail, Go to Settings, click on your account,

Click on Inbox Notifications. Make sure Notify for every message is selected.

And in Email Notifications, ensure All is selected.

Click on Manage Notifications make sure Pop on Screen is enabled.

If you have more than one account, ensure you do the same for them all.

Check if this can help with Gmail Notifications.

PhotoPicker and Aaron2017 like this.
  4. Ghazala.Yasmeen
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Jun 17, 2021

Ghazala.Yasmeen , Jun 17, 2021 :
    We are sorry to hear that you are facing the issue with the device and have contacted you through direct message.

5. Adan77
    Eclair Jun 17, 2021

Adan77 , Jun 17, 2021 :
    I've been having the same issue. Gmail notifications only show when I unlock phone. I tried the above suggestions but no luck.

6. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jun 17, 2021

Caomhin , Jun 17, 2021 :
    The info I gave above fixed the Gmail notification issue I had.
    The following also works for some as well. There doesn't seem to be a perfect fix for this.

Reset the App permissions, it may be that an app or apps or something connected is causing the issue.

Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > see all apps > select three dots > Reset app preferences.
    Then reboot.

This will not delete your apps data but you will have to provide permissions for all your Apps again.

Check if this can help.

7. Adan77 , via OnePlus 9 Pro Pine Green , Jun 18, 2021 :
    Thanks for your response. I tried what you said and it seem to work for a while but then it was back to doing same thing, getting Gmail notifications only when unlocking phone. I'm going to keep trying this method until a better solution.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021

DejanB and Caomhin like this.
  8. Raugaral
    Cupcake Jul 13, 2021

9. Scottp2765
    Cupcake Jul 27, 2021

Scottp2765 , Jul 27, 2021 :
    I am having this same issue. This is very poor, oneplus. I will not be buying a new oneplus phone again. I have been struggling with this issue since I purchased the phone and other issues with notifications as well. I thought the latest update would address this problem but it does not. You need to put more resources into fixing this issue.

10. LoLKing89
    Cupcake Jul 31, 2021

LoLKing89 , Jul 31, 2021 :
    OMG thiS nOTIfICAtIOn DoESn'T Appear, i'M NEver BUYInG a pHOnE FroM tHEm AgAiN. CaN't bElIEVe THis smALl issuE HASn't BeeN adDREsSed.

11. Prateek_B_E
    Cupcake Aug 3, 2021

Prateek_B_E , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 3, 2021 :
    I have the same issue as well, I have tried all the solutions listed here yet I don't see the notifications from Gmail.

Have tried clearing cache, reset all app preferences and basically setting the preferences back again for all apps wasting my half a day on this issue.

Does OnePlus have a work for all solution to this issue ?

Did not expect such issues from OnePlus, I need to open my gmail every hour to see if there are any new mails which is highly impossible

12. uvitor
    Cupcake Aug 3, 2021

uvitor , Aug 3, 2021 :
    for me, choosing the "dont optmize" option in the battery optimization gmail setting solved the problem.

13. Prateek_B_E
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2021

Prateek_B_E , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 5, 2021 :
    I have kept the battery not to optimize yet I don't see notifications from most of the apps. Earlier I just thought it was only for gmail but I don't see notifications from many other apps too.

This is annoying me now

15. burhan_tetik
    Froyo Aug 7, 2021

burhan_tetik , Aug 7, 2021 :
    This is really stupid. How such a big phone company cant fix this tiny problem? Or do they really not that big?

16. iamironz
    Cupcake Aug 11, 2021

iamironz , Aug 11, 2021 :
    So annoying thing, OnePlus are you really kidding? The Gmail sync problem has still remained for months.

17. Rigby
    Froyo Aug 12, 2021

Rigby , Aug 12, 2021 :
    I don't really know when are they planning to resolve this. It is annoying and frustrating and it gives me the feeling that Oneplus devs are a bunch of amateur newbies totally overloaded. Shame on you, Oneplus

18. Bronkos
    Froyo Aug 12, 2021

Bronkos , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 12, 2021 :
    GG Oneplus... OOS 11.2.8.8 screwed it all up. Gmail is not syncing again!

19. Pinku Reddy
    Gingerbread Aug 12, 2021

Pinku Reddy , Aug 12, 2021 :
    Enable notification for all mails in gmail. If it is already enabled. Then clear app cache and update app again from play store. If 2 or more mails are login always prefer to stay login in priority mail from which you wants the notification.

20. PastaJ
    Cupcake Aug 12, 2021

PastaJ , Aug 12, 2021 :
    I was having the similar issue with multiple account logged in and partially disable notification of some account.

I solve it it by enable all the notification for all gmail account, and disable the sync of email of specific account.

Also i was having issue when unable to receive the notification when wifi is on, i solved it by disable ipv6.

I belive this is not oneplus issue but is Google