GMail notifications not working

1. G_Rishabh_Srivastava_jRl
    Eclair Aug 7, 2018

G_Rishabh_Srivastava_jRl , Aug 7, 2018 :
    I am not receiving notifications on any of the mail apps like Gmail and Outlook until I open the app. I have checked and all the settings seem to be in place. Any suggestions on how to get this working ?

R6T likes this.
  2. G_Viru
    Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2018

3. G_Rishabh_Srivastava_jRl
    Eclair Aug 7, 2018

4. G_Viru
    Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2018

G_Viru , Aug 7, 2018 :
    did you check the individual app notification

5. mattjope
    Donut Sep 11, 2018

mattjope , Sep 11, 2018 :
    I have the exact same issue. Notifications are turned on in the Gmail in-app settings and in settings/apps/application list/Gmail/notifications. And yet I am receiving emails from regular, saved contacts that don't generate any kind of notification. Really annoying. I received an urgent email last night but didn't see it until I got to the office this morning and opened up my computer.

6. av vignesh
    Eclair Sep 11, 2018

av vignesh , Sep 11, 2018 :
    go to settings - >battery - >battery optimization, click on the three dots on the top tight corner - > advanced optimization -> turn off(toggle) advanced optimization.

this lets notifications from all apps but the battery drains a lil fast (since it doesn't restrict the background activity of apps )

B_Wrath likes this.
  7. R6T
    Donut Dec 17, 2018

R6T , Dec 17, 2018 :
    I restarted my phone and the notifications started to come in again... something is up. Gmail is one of the most well built apps, I don't imagine it's a bug in the app. Workaround: Restart phone

I did some very thorough testing... trying to get notifications to show, but nothing would work until I restarted.