GODOSMITH screen protector & ********** review

1. CoraxSan
    Honeycomb Sep 25, 2014

CoraxSan , Sep 25, 2014 :
    Sup everybody.

I've gotten my Oneplus One about a month and a half back if memory serves and before that I've been poking a bit on this forum asking for what to get my phone as accessories go, screen protector and a flip case if I'm being specific. And since I didn't get an answer that would cover my question in full, I've decided to order stuff I like and I'll share my findings with you.

Ali express review: since no one was able to give me a decent answer about how reliable ali express is and considering all the bad reviews about them, I was sceptical about ordering there. As I'm not feint hearted I took a leap of faith and ordered from them and I was not disappointed. Well the trick is to buy stuff from sellers that have high ratings from peoples votes, that way you know they arent scammers. Anyway, if anyone is considering buying anything on Ali express it's safe, just know what you're buying and from who.

GODOSmith screen protector, pictures included. Here's what I got when I opened the package from China airpost.
    [​IMG]
    The package has a nice touch and feel to it and you can instantly see it's not a cheap nor low quality product. Opening the box I've found two smaller packages.

[​IMG]
    Inside the left one are "tools" and inside the right one is the GODOsmith glass itself. Again, I was really impressed by the overall design and feel of the box so it was a bit exciting looking at it and trying to make a decent picture with bad light. Also note my photography skills are bad and I should've asked my friend to make photos, she's doing it for a living. Howeeever I couldn't wait for her :p Opening the left box this is what I've found.

[​IMG]
    From left to right: plastic bag that contained all you can see, godosmith cloth to clean your screen with, alcohol tissue to clean (and apparantly oil as well) your OPO before installing the glass - which I used to thoroughly clean the screen of my phone so it was shinning like new, the blue thingy is (I think) used to make sure there is no dust left on your screen once you clean it with the alcohol wipe aaaaand thats about it as far as the kit goes. Well there is also a little card like item that I forgot to include and it's used to smooth out bubbles once you put your protector on, you can see it far left inside the plastic bag. Keep it around once you get to installing your protector rawr!

[​IMG]
    Next we have the screen in all it's glory, not much to add here. As far as the installation goes, I couldn't make pictures of it since my phone was being worked on but fear not good citizen, for I shall guide you in your darkest hour of glass installing life. If you look at the picture above you can see something sticking out of the glass on the upper right hand corner, which is blue and says "Remove this before installing". This may come as a shock but all you need to do is remove it before placing it on your screen. Though I'd advise you to leave the bumper stick on for a little bit and just place the protective glass on your OPO as if you'd be trying to place it. The best way of placing your glass is to find something to align the glass, be it the front speaker/camera or the corners of OPO's screen. Once you feel ready, pull the sticker and the protective plastic off of GODOSMITH and put it on the phone's screen. Dont worry since it wont stick immediately so if you're not happy you can still move it so once you feel like you're happy with it's position, just gently press on the middle of your phone's screen which will cause the screen protector to make some decent effect of "gluing" to your screen going from the center and towards to edges. Gently smooth any imperfections towards the corners of your screen (you should have a small card that came in the tools box, use that to smooth any bubbles out) and thats it - congrats! You installed your screen protector by yourself and proved yourself you have amazing hand skills. Right on.

My thoughts on GODOSMITH's protector: screen has that glassy feel now when I touch it, but not too glassy if that makes sense, so it's nicer to work on it with my fingers as they don't "stick" to the screen anymore. Overall I'm happy with it, but I kinda forgot that my flipcase wont be closing as smoothly as it was before installing it, so keep that in mind. But again, that was my own error in judgement :D Bottom line: recommended!! Costs like 7 euros or so and it took about 30 days to get here but if my own country's post office would mess it up, I would've had it about 10 to max 15 days after buying it. That's still acceptable. Here's the link if you want one as well: http://www.**********.com/item/Orig...Toughened-protective-film-GDS/1909867131.html
    (seems like this site doesnt like ali express, just write ali express where there are stars *******)

I also bought a flipcase which locks/unlocks your screen when you open or close it. [​IMG]
    I bought it on ebay from a german company, but since the flipcase itself is noname, I'm not entirely sure how to describe it. The plastic is a bit lacking and it chipped away a bit (at the edges of phone), but it's still a decent buy at 6.4€ and it got deliver to me in about 3 days after purchasing it. Whats great about this flipcase is that it will lock/unlock the screen when you open or close it and it's great for watching clips or movies on it with the way it can be bent. I'm kinda happy with it and I'll probably be buying a new one once this one dies which wont be anytime soon though. Here's the link if anyone wants it: http://www.ebay.com/itm/29118116424...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Thats all from me, thanks for reading whoever got this far :D

2. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Sep 25, 2014

gusuraman , Sep 25, 2014 :
    Thank you.
    The flip case is the Kwmobile if i'm not wrong
    You are the first reporting it auto wake/sleep

3. Tronde79
    Honeycomb Sep 25, 2014

Tronde79 , Sep 25, 2014 :
    Thanks for sharing :) looks great. I have the Nillkin 9H tempered glass and original OnePlus flip case. Very happy with both.

gusuraman likes this.
  4. Struktogramm
    Honeycomb Sep 25, 2014

Struktogramm , Sep 25, 2014 :

That´s from KW-Commerce GmbH /KW Mobile and it´s an waste of money. 1€ is too much.

I would recommend this one:

http://www.amazon.de/mumbi-Ledertasche-Samsung-Rückzugfunktion-Ausziehhilfe-Schwarz/dp/B00DCQAK4A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1411681042&sr=8-2&keywords=mumbi note 3

Made for Note 3, but fits.

Just my 2 Cents, enjoy your Mobile! :)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014

5. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Sep 25, 2014

6. chillz88
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 25, 2014

chillz88 , Sep 25, 2014 :
    i got the godosmith today.. looks real good.. will only get the phone tomorrow though.. nice review

7. zenon7
    Gingerbread Sep 25, 2014

8. Struktogramm
    Honeycomb Sep 25, 2014

Correct. But that doesnt change the fact it is a waste of money

20140111_163410.jpg 20140111_163323.jpg 20140111_163333.jpg 20140111_163312.jpg
    20140111_163345.jpg

gusuraman likes this.
  9. StrsNStrps
    Jelly Bean Sep 25, 2014

10. CoraxSan
    Honeycomb Sep 25, 2014

CoraxSan , Sep 25, 2014 :
    The flipcase isnt quality incarnate, but it does the work for me which is to keep the phone safe in my pocket. Might think of alternatives once I get tired of it, but I'm very undecided as far as flipcases go ^^

Struktogramm likes this.
  11. Struktogramm
    Honeycomb Sep 25, 2014

You see how bad mine was out of the box. What pissed me really off was the fact it didnt stay closed. So i took it and threw it away. Like i said, just my oppinion :).

12. CoraxSan
    Honeycomb Sep 26, 2014

CoraxSan , Sep 26, 2014 :
    Are you using that Note 2 pouch you linked? If yes whats your take on it?

13. Struktogramm
    Honeycomb Sep 26, 2014

Struktogramm , Sep 26, 2014 :
    Note 3 pouch ;-). It´s little bit wider then the Phone. But i love it! :)
    IMG-20140926-WA0004.jpg IMG-20140926-WA0009.jpg IMG-20140926-WA0010.jpg IMG-20140926-WA0011.jpg