Going to London

1. strafer
    Lollipop Mar 8, 2015

strafer , Mar 8, 2015 :
    Or when they ask at the border which profession you have, just answer "suicide bomber" and you'll get a guidance like no other.

Salmonfish likes this.
  2. Raycon
    Cupcake Mar 8, 2015

3. gringoboy
    Lollipop Mar 8, 2015

gringoboy , Mar 8, 2015 :
    British Museum and The Natural History Museum are both well worth a visit, and many Museums are free nowadays. The rest is more or less a scam to rip you off. Personally, I'd visit those two and spend the rest of the time just walking and using the tube getting a general flavour of a great city and seeing sights such as Westminster etc as you wander. Go get drunk in Soho and Covent Garden. I'd avoid Clapham Common personally. :eek:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015

4. Chandan.Napster
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 8, 2015

5. dontomasino
    Gingerbread Mar 8, 2015

6. The Earl of Twatshire
    KitKat Mar 8, 2015

The Earl of Twatshire , Mar 8, 2015 :
    Indeed, tourism and alcohol go hand in hand.

I actually spend most of my time visiting places blind drunk, I find it adds to the experience.

I think..

Indeed.

TigerXC and erzengelsachiel like this.
  7. ronal40
    Cupcake Mar 8, 2015

ronal40 , Mar 8, 2015 :
    wrong guess. try again dude

8. aakashjhaveri
    Lollipop Mar 8, 2015

9. flamingodise
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 8, 2015

10. echo419
    Gingerbread Mar 8, 2015

11. MerhawiA
    Froyo Mar 9, 2015

MerhawiA , Mar 9, 2015 :
    Supposedly they got a tequila bar somewhere there. (who doesn't want chocolate tequila :|). or go to a MAN utd/liverpool/Chelsea/or ManCity game

12. TigerXC
    Lollipop Mar 9, 2015

TigerXC , Mar 9, 2015 :
    Go museum hopping. They're free! :D
    Love the Tate! :rolleyes:
    Take the bus, taxi, & ride the underground subway. :cool:
    Pubs, football, Indian food! :rolleyes:
    Oh check out the graffiti / banksy street.
    I forget the name if it's still there. :cool:

Cheers. ;)

superplus likes this.
  13. huwred
    Honeycomb Mar 10, 2015

huwred , Mar 10, 2015 :
    come to Oxford, its much nicer than London and only a 45min bus ride (buses leave10 mins during the day)

14. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Mar 10, 2015

superplus , Mar 10, 2015 :
    I guess it depends on how much luggage you have and how well-off you are, but London is great to get around using the undergroud/overground/busses; it's *a lot* cheaper, and can easily be a lot faster too, depending on the time of day, even/especially from the airports. it really depends which airport you're flying in to as well, but most "London" airports are quite a ways outside of the city, so would incur hefty taxi charges indeed.

Stansted airport, for instance, is about 40 miles away, so will easily cost £100 by taxi, whereas there's coaches and trains for not even a fifth of that. Even Heathrow, which is perhaps the most likely airport the OP might be landing at, is "only" about 20 miles away, but the underground will get you to the centre of London in 45 minutes (practically no wait) for £3-£6 depending on time of day and whether you're getting an Oyster card (definitely advisable if you're planning to use public transport around London; it'll cost you a refundable £5 and will save on fares as well as travel time), whereas the taxi fare is likely to be at least £80 and take around an hour (depending on traffic).

in certain other places or if you arrive at night or so it might be quite advisable though; just wanted to say that in London specifically and especially when coming from airports it's not the cheapest/fastest option. should you want to check out getting around London by public transport http://tfl.gov.uk/ might come in handy and/or the London Transport and Tube Map apps

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015

TigerXC and aquila like this.
  15. leemartin
    Lollipop Mar 10, 2015

funmunke likes this.
  16. aquila
    Honeycomb Mar 10, 2015

aquila , Mar 10, 2015 :
    I was in London this weekend and it was really awesome, british people are very friendly and receptive. There are many gorgeous girls everywhere and anytime. The weather was great (+/- 17ºC) and sunny on Saturday, therefore the touristic places were completely full of people.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Although transports really work well in London, you spent some time traveling because London is very big.

I'm about to live there later this year to study and improve my english (and work, of course). I would like to thank all british people and all foreigners living there, everyone was very receptive.

superplus likes this.
  17. funmunke
    Marshmallow Mar 10, 2015