Good reason why you deserve an invite?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Littlehamster
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2014

Littlehamster , Aug 4, 2014 :
    everyone deserves an invite....isn't that the point....come on oneplus get that production going. I know some fabulous manufacturing managers and I know a thing or two myself if you need a helping hand :p

seinui likes this.
  2. seinui
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2014

seinui , Aug 4, 2014 :
    LOL :D, let's just do hunger games, the last standing is getting the invite ;-). Sh*t is getting crazy here. I'm seriously starting to consider just buying some other phone - rebuying it from someone on Amazon/eBay is a risk that it's not original and it is well overpriced killing the main purpose for 1+1. Not mentioning, I'm sick of that, invite should be shared for free with friends and if you don't have such friends then just find someone. I remember, when GMail was in Beta and I had 100 invites :D, and all of my friends, family, etc. were first to use GMail. Never thought even of selling that.

blafasel and Littlehamster like this.
  3. ajsrn
    Eclair Aug 4, 2014

ajsrn , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Figured I'd post here - I actually don't have a great/compelling reason as to why I *need* an invite :(. My phone (An iPhone 5) works well, I can afford an Android flagship etc. so all the usual reasons are pretty much off the table.

Why I *want* an invite is a different matter! I really, really believe in the 'Open' philosophy behind both the OPO and CyanogenMod - I *love* the idea of being able to actually hack/recompile the OS for my phone, and as a developer think (or maybe hope) I might be able to do some pretty cool stuff. This is what keeps me spending time on the forums rather than buying a G3 (My backup option). I think OP is doing something *good* and it's worth supporting :)

Littlehamster, seinui and blafasel like this.
  4. RideBike
    Jelly Bean Aug 4, 2014

5. Radeth
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2014

6. pegasomm
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2014

pegasomm , Aug 4, 2014 :
    t's pretty tough to find people worthy of an invite. So, I decided to make this thread to make it easier for people looking to give away their invites to deserving forum members.
    Post a good reason why, and you just might get an invite.

Cheers.

7. Littlehamster
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2014

y
    i'll buy that....i'll second that....wanting something is valid..no one NEEDS a phone, did we have phones when I was a girl.............................etc etc

8. Lebrenne
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2014

Lebrenne , Aug 4, 2014 :
    I am from Finland, and and I have been extremely ''patriotic'' about my cellphones. Here's the list of Nokia models I have owned:

5510 https://www.google.fi/url?sa=t&rct=...=gyUmEczH9GDxJx4je8hZOw&bvm=bv.72197243,d.bGQ Haha, what a great phone.
    3510i (color screen)
    6060 (mp3 ringtones, goof ''bivalvia phone'', that my friend threw on a ladder, and it got in two pieces. Although the screen part got disengaged, the phone worked very well. You just had to remember what buttons to push without the screen)
    C5
    Lumia 800.

This is a short list, I can't remember all of them. And i must admit that I once without permission took my mothers SIEMENS to school because of a great bicycle game it had. Friends were so jelaous.

This weekend I dropped my Lumia 800 while barbequeing in Säkylä, Finland, and the screen got broken. This is the first time ever that I would buy something else than a Nokia.
    Please, if you have an invite to give away, give it to me, so I easier could bare my quisling-like feelings and continue to live in the beautiful country of Finland.

yours sincerely, LB

9. sohma
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2014

sohma , Aug 4, 2014 :
    I usually watch and contribute to the fellowship thread. So from the people I see around, @rickstei would be my candidate. He posts a lot there but converses with many and occasionally ventures out. Looking through his post history, he doesn't beg.

10. seinui
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2014

seinui , Aug 4, 2014 :
    OK, my five reasons, why should I get an invitation (I didn't include that I'm funny on the list):

1. I
    2. cleaned
    3. the
    4. fridg
    5. e

blafasel likes this.
  11. tarik.muslat
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2014

12. blafasel
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2014

blafasel , Aug 4, 2014 :
    I totally agree with this, the device itself speaks for itself. Of course it is also a little bit driven by the fact, that is so rare at the moment.
    On the other hand I'm not for letting the trousers down to show personal reasons. This is close to begging for it. I would prefer people who discuss stuff or having witty dialogs here... Just my 2c.

13. Cupcake ninja
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2014

Cupcake ninja , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Well, I'm a student so I don't have thy much money to spend and this fits right into the budget and also I'm working with a samsung convoy 2 right now so an upgrade would be a big help. Thanks for your consideration :)

14. Mutantpotato
    KitKat Aug 4, 2014

Mutantpotato , Aug 4, 2014 :
    To be perfectly honest I do not have a good reason. My "good reason" would be biased just like everyone elses, and because I no longer have the money for the phone; my parents are going to have to purchase the phone for me. Haha. I can't even use an invite till next or this Friday at least on behalf of me being at camp. :p

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014

Dexter Morgan likes this.
  15. matty2104
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2014

matty2104 , Aug 4, 2014 :
    I deserve it because i am victim of moderators and censor on this forum. I really think they want to delete my profile

seinui likes this.
  16. bjs0201
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2014

17. seinui
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2014

seinui , Aug 4, 2014 :
    That's possible, I actually saw one plus one moderator deleting his posts and threads one by one. No one was spared! I think he should get an invitation because his posts were actually pretty funny :D.

matty2104 likes this.
  18. Littlehamster
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2014

oh come on....most of the begging is light hearted, no one actually thinks they'll get a phone that way do they?

I've been slated for "begging", but thats just stressed out folk not getting the irony

blafasel likes this.
  19. bohmbadillo
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2014

bohmbadillo , Aug 4, 2014 :
    I don't deserve anything, for I have no expectations in this life ~ however over the weekend I had apparently won an invite from @Banananut22 (YOU ROCK!) but was busy camping outdoors in the Huron National Forest (Michigan)... a beautiful and much-needed getaway! Of course, my current phone had no service up there -- a problem which wouldn't have existed had I already owned a OnePlus... and I missed my chance to claim the invite ><

So again I deserve nothing nor do I expect anything. I would really love to upgrade my current phone and my sights are set on this one, so please, if you have the means, toss an invite my way? Much love everyone!

<3

20. softorama
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 4, 2014

softorama , Aug 4, 2014 :
    I don't know how this works. I don't need invite. I did not expect this competition type thread from angle.

I don't think there can be good reason for people wanting a phone and willing to wait for it except love of the phone (not counting eBay sellers)