Good reason why you deserve an invite?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gustavo_6
    Froyo Aug 4, 2014

gustavo_6 , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Well i would like one because I have a galaxy s2, it's super slow, the 1800 mhA battery doesn't last very long, and i have to literally wrap the phone with the charging cable for it to charge, I know I'm not better than anyone or more deserving but i would really love to recieve an invite please, I would be very grateful :)

2. KingTomaHawk
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2014

KingTomaHawk , Aug 4, 2014 :
    I don't know what makes me deserving this phone more than the other users. I can only say that I try to help every user I can.
    I don't want to beg or use private reasons for a Invite, so i will wait :)
    Thanks for this oportunity :)

HD2kitkat likes this.
  3. John j
    Jelly Bean Aug 4, 2014

John j , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Because I sold my white 64gb from China waiting on sandstone black 64gb invite.

4. Gavoon
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 4, 2014

Gavoon , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Cause I really want it and I pledge to share my most of my invites back to this forum if I have it. (I have a friend who's interested too!)

5. hymastar
    Froyo Aug 4, 2014

6. kschuah
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2014

7. blafasel
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2014

blafasel , Aug 4, 2014 :
    these are not the rules. This is only one of many ways some owner of invites choose. Others do it randomly, If one doesn't like the modus operandi, he/she should not participate that way. And true sombody having invites gets some power. But most of them want to do a good thing. And they are spoilt for choice. For me the community idea is great, and therefore on post is surely not enough.

8. bas00m
    Froyo Aug 4, 2014

bas00m , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Where are you from fady mansour? what nationality are you

9. HD2kitkat

HD2kitkat , Aug 4, 2014 :
    In the ideal world each and every person wanting an OPO should be able to buy one. Unfortunately, supply is still far from demand, the invite system regulates the flow but not very well - a substantial number of invites ends up with someone who have no personal use for them, and don't know who to share them with. Some just let them expire (booh!), sell them on ebay (yuck! against ebay policy, should be reported) or hold contests or random give-aways in the forum Invites section (can be fun, adds a bit to the OP hype, but increases forum noise level).

@Kallen et al. try to reward good forum behaviour with surplus invites. I applaud your efforts, but it's no easy task spotting the good forumites in the crowd.

Psychologists say that people facing a difficult question often just answer an easier one, and we see this playing out here:
    - You ask ppl to explain how they are worthy to be given an invite, why they deserve it
    - and most respondents tell you why or how much they want or need the phone.

That's too bad, but it shows that asking ppl to recommend themselves won't bring you many valid candidates, especially not the modest non-bragging kind.

Maybe it would be better to 'outsource' the spotting process and ask ppl to recommend and argue why another forum member's behaviour should be rewarded with an invite? I know you are aware of the Recommend a member thread.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014

dieterdevos and blafasel like this.
  10. blafasel
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2014

blafasel , Aug 4, 2014 :
    nice post, thank you. nothing to add. :)

11. mewleen
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2014

mewleen , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Have been looking for a chance to buy an affordable smartphone with excellent performance like OPO..
    WHY?? because I believe that I CAN SAVE THE REST OF THE MONEY THAT I WOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR THE BIG NAMES IN ORDER TO HELP AND BLESS OTHERS WHO ARE REALLY IN NEED! ;)

12. Kallen
    Aug 4, 2014

Kallen , Aug 4, 2014 :
    This is @BobbyStevie . For the time being, @Kallen decided to go on a hiatus. He (@Kallen IS A GUY) gave me the account information so that I can take over as the Angel of Invites. Since the volume of invites that he has promised to give out seemed to be too great to handle on my own (before this it was both of us gathering invites), I have decided that I will stop the evaluation process for new candidates and begin fulfilling @Kallen 's promises instead. After this task has been accomplished, I will post a reply in this thread stating what I plan to do the Angel of Invites.

--BobbyStevie

dieterdevos and softorama like this.
  13. audio head
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2014

audio head , Aug 4, 2014 :
    On the Easter long weekend in April I got mugged on the Thursday just as I was about to set off to have an awesome weekend.
    There were four guys (18-21) who came up to me took my phone out of my pocket, and as I looked down to see wtf they did, punched me 4 times kn the side of my face and ran away before I could react. I got a concussion by those assholes and that was also the weekend I heard about the opo so I thought might as we'll wait for this. I haven't gotten a phone since then, I've thought about getting another one but I keep thinking I'll get it soon. Anyways that's my reason, but good luck choosing a suitor! :)

14. samcadogan
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2014

samcadogan , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Don't know what qualifies as a good reason - everytime I'm asked, I go for the poor me route and say I deserve one because my current phone is shit, and I've never actually had a smartphone - but I think tbh the best reason I could give is that I'd really want one :p I hate all this begging shite, it's the one thing that really is a big con for me with the One.

catsarecool and dipi like this.
  15. SeriusNtentions
    Aug 4, 2014

SeriusNtentions , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Here is the thing, you never know if people are being honest on any internet avenue.

I guess you just have to use your judgement and get a feel for people by looking at their posts etc. We are all here primarily for an invite, and some of us might make some friends and enjoy ourselves.
    Personally, If i had three invites to give, I would help some pretty cool acquaintances on this forum that I am following. It is called Networking! This is truly the most important tool that life can give you! We were put on this to interact with one another (unfortunately men in power don't get this!)

I have seen! (pick a number from 1-1,000,000) . Guess my birthday.....give me your sob story for needing the phone (when it might be bogus). But the positive spin for me in some of these contests is that, I have met people with the same sense of humour as me.
    OAS.jpg

16. lepel
    Froyo Aug 4, 2014

lepel , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Hard to tell you why I feel why I deserve one, cause I can't really think of one.
    I am just a biology student who has always liked tech, I dropped out of Computer Sciences because I did not like the jobs it had to offer, but the world around it is what I do adore. No sob stories cause I have a working S2 and lifes pretty good. But yeah, can't think of a reason why I deserve one, I just want one.

17. softorama

softorama , Aug 4, 2014 :
    There is too great a demand for this phone. Any invite thread is flooded. Not many invite donors i guess.

18. Dmiket12
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2014

Dmiket12 , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Hit me up :mad: i've been waiting longer than you. pwease....

19. dirkwhitson
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2014

20. catsarecool
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2014

catsarecool , Aug 4, 2014 :
    I think its unbecoming to beg. There is always someone who needs it more. I will wait until OPO ramps up production to meet demand.