Google announced TONS of NEW Android Features!

1. yashonagori
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Writers' Club Mar 18, 2022

yashonagori , Mar 18, 2022 :
    Google features.jpg

Howdy folks, hope everyone is well and good!

Remember taking a portrait photo and later realizing that maybe the compromise in quality or the not-so-perfect edge detection was not worth choosing this mode over normal photos? You’re not alone. Thankfully, google realized that and added the functionality of incorporating portrait mode blur on your human photos in post-production right in the Google Photos app.

In my experience, this effect did a great job of adding proper good depth effect on existing photos which weren't really taken with that intent. Also, the flexibility it provides to go back to the high-quality image if you’re not satisfied with the end result is crucial in my opinion.

Not only that, but it also takes off the additional burden on the processor to add that effect as quickly as possible while you capture the image in real-time. All in all, it was a great addition to the Google Photos effects library available with a Google One subscription.

Portraying pets, food and plants
    However, there was one big limitation of that feature: it only worked with human subjects. Not anymore though - Google has announced that the portrait blur feature will now work with subjects other than humans, to be specific, on photos of pets, food, and plants. Yes, you heard it right, you can now add depth to all those images you took of your home garden to show off in the family group chat. (am I the only one who does that?).

Not only the Photos app is being updated, but useful major and minor tweaks are soon to be hitting the majority of the Google Suite.

[​IMG]

Emjoi? Did you want to write emoji?
    For starters, Google’s take on Grammarly by adding grammar correction features was previously exclusive to Pixel phones. Don’t confuse this with spell-checking, which was earlier available on all Android devices using Gboard. The fusion of both, however, shall now be rolled out to a wider selection of devices other than the Pixel. While talking about the Gboard, they have also announced the addition of 2000 emoji mash-ups, which can be sent as stickers across WhatsApp, Instagram, or any other messenger of your choice.

[​IMG]

One game-changer update is being worked upon for the Live Transcribe accessibility app, which will now work OFFLINE! This is huge, considering that it might not always be feasible for everyone to have access to great Internet for it to process speech, but might have a dire need for it. This app was previously available on all Android phones but came pre-installed only on the Pixel and Samsung devices.

Dude, where's my car?
    That was pretty much it for major changes, there are tons of minor updates lined up as well. Google Assistant will now be able to assist you to pay parking charges and even help you extend your initial allowable period of parking. ParkMobile, which works in over 400 US cities, is being integrated with the Assistant.

Sharing is caring
    Digital Wellbeing is upgraded as well to reflect the time you spend on specific apps throughout the day. Android’s Nearby Share feature is being updated to enable sharing files to multiple people nearby, in order to compete better with Apple’s AirDrop. And lastly, Google TV will now feature a highlights tab, that suggests what to watch next based on your watching and consumption history.

What do you guys think about these features and what do you expect more of in the future? Let us know below!

2. SumitUpase24
    Froyo Mar 18, 2022

yashonagori and Y1636314014397 like this.
  3. dsmonteiro
    OnePlus Community Team Staff Member Mar 18, 2022

dsmonteiro , Mar 18, 2022 :
    I saw the proofreading blue line pop up the other day and was pleasantly surprised by it. Not that I make typos or anything... 😅

4. J1636453763079
    Cupcake Mar 18, 2022

yashonagori and G1643684124006 like this.

yashonagori likes this.
  6. David.Gomes
    Honeycomb Mar 18, 2022

7. TwoFalcons
    Gingerbread Mar 18, 2022

yashonagori likes this.
  8. Abhi_Sri
    Froyo Mar 18, 2022

yashonagori likes this.
  9. D1644660715770 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 18, 2022 :
    These features are literally awesome i will definately not say that they are the best and world class features for a Android phone but still they are pretty good but personally there is a feature that I really want in a Android or OnePlus phone which is only available in iPhone as of now it the advanced app lock feature which allows the user to lock the phone as soon as someonelse opens a private or personal data app like whatsup and Instagram in this specific feature the phone recognises that the user who is trying to open the app is not the one with the registered face on it so it locks the whole phone imidietly
    This feature is actually very useful when you are giving your phone to a stranger unlocked to check something or even just show the person anything on your device it really comes down to our own preferences on who will use this feature and Android and who won't personally I think it is a really good and deserving feature which definately should be added in the oxygen OS 12 or 13 by OnePlus of any other brand too

Do let me know what your comments are on this specific iPhone feature and should it be added to our Android community aswell.?

11. Dhr888
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 19, 2022

yashonagori likes this.
  12. G1630743718978
    Gingerbread Mar 19, 2022

G1630743718978 , via OnePlus Nord , Mar 19, 2022 :
    This feature would be awesome.

yashonagori and D1644660715770 like this.
  13. yashonagori
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Writers' Club Mar 19, 2022

yashonagori , Mar 19, 2022 :

14. yashonagori
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Writers' Club Mar 19, 2022

yashonagori , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Mar 19, 2022 :
    We're sure you don't, David 🤗

We're long beyond any saving from that

15. camohan
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Mar 19, 2022

camohan , Mar 19, 2022 :
    :rolleyes:

16. BetiK
    KitKat Mar 19, 2022

D1644660715770 likes this.

18. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert Mar 19, 2022

Bouncer71 , Mar 19, 2022 :
    🥱
    Technology advances to make us loose, forget or not learn new skills..
    To suggest so we don't have to think..
    Slaves to the machine...

Don't get me wrong...

I use technology and features every day out of comfort or to advance in private and work..

But this almost all sounds like couch potato Techno..

Personally...
    The more I get suggested the less I want it...

atenaa likes this.
  19. Himaanshu
    Donut Mar 20, 2022

thechangingtime likes this.
  20. M1647367190298
    Cupcake Mar 20, 2022