Google app not working

1. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Mar 2, 2020

Waveform Modifier , Mar 2, 2020 :
    Not necessary the case. That's not how bugs works.

2. Mukund760
    Honeycomb Mar 2, 2020

3. Mukund760
    Honeycomb Mar 2, 2020

4. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator Mar 2, 2020

5. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Mar 2, 2020

But still is a Google issue. OnePlus do not make that app.

6. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Mar 2, 2020

You should really use search before creating redundant threads.

Please read.

7. Sudhirkashkari
    Donut Mar 2, 2020

Sudhirkashkari , via OnePlus 5T , Mar 2, 2020 :
    This does not solve issues of this aap

8. Sudhirkashkari
    Donut Mar 2, 2020

Sudhirkashkari , via OnePlus 5T , Mar 2, 2020 :
    again uninstalled the update and disabled auto updates and it started working , but post some hours it stopped working .

Then updated the aap and it started working and post couple of hours stopped working

This is a loop and not sure what's causing the loop

Meanwhile i have switched to Alexa as assistant until this issue is.resolved

9. paulomodesto
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 2, 2020

paulomodesto , Mar 2, 2020 :
    For me the problem could be indeed the new Ambient Mode.
    What i don´t agree with you is that is not a Oneplus Fault.
    This problem only happen with OnePlus smartphones, more specific OP5/5T and some OP3/3T users.
    I´m sure that google and OnePlus have they part on this behavior.
    If the problem is indeed the Ambient Mode, i would guess it have to do with android version, because none of OP smartphones that have already android 10 are experiencing this behavior.
    This Ambient Mode is a partner ship from google with OP, then OP should have tested it with Google so all the devices that are able to have this feature would run well.
    If Samsung, LG, Nokia, Xiaomi, Realme and all other brands don´t have this bug, then something OnePlus have to do with it!

Fixing this is URGE!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020

10. sweggitity

sweggitity , Mar 2, 2020 :
    The app is working for me, after I disabled ambient mode.

11. sweggitity

OnePlus won't acknowledge it, they wanna shove away the old devices and focus on the new one... All we asking for is an acknowledgement.

12. paulomodesto

DamzFX likes this.
  13. jvt_jeevan
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2020

jvt_jeevan , via OnePlus 3T , Mar 2, 2020 :
    It's the same here in my OnePlus 3T since last two days. Tried clearing cache and whole data saved in this app. after a couple of launches, same issue pops back again.
    initially wondering if this was something with the Nova launcher. a reply I got from Teslacoil says it's a Google app issue. suggested solution is to remove all updates from this app. if I uninstall all updates from this app, it works for sometime and then crashes again.

Abdullah_Bamajboor likes this.
  14. Simon Stapes
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2020

Simon Stapes , Mar 2, 2020 :
    I came across this thread as I am having the same problem on my 3T. Seems like there is no permanent fix, but will relate what I have found so far as it might be useful to others.

The issues started off last week when I was having big problems with screen flickering and unstable selection of apps on the phone. After looking into it for some time I found it was an issue with the Google Now Launcher which I was using as my default launcher. I installed and configured Nova Launcher as my default instead and this stopped the main issues. I then found that the Google search bar widget would close down as soon as I tried to search. Further diagnosis I did tracked it down to a problem with the Google App, which would also close as soon as I opened it. I have tried the following, and this will provide a temporary fix but within an hour max the problem returns.
    1) Cleared Cache/Storage in the Google App settings.
    2) Uninstall the app. Since this is 'built in' to Android it doesn't really uninstall it, it just takes it back to the base version.
    3) Reinstall the Google App (ie install the updates since the base version).
    4) Turned off the auto-update of the Google App after just installing the base version.
    5) Since it works initially (after storage/cache clear) and then fails soon after, I wondered if I had corruption in my Google account which was re-introduced to my phone when it synced, so I turned off (paused) 'Web and App Activity' tracking and deleted all the history.

It seems to me that only step 1 above seems to fix the problem and it's only a very temporary fix. My search widget works and my Google App will launch ok without closing for a short time only before I have to repeat step 1 again. I read the comments about disabling Ambient Mode with interest, but it does not seem that I have that setting to disable in my google account.

I'll keep an eye on this thread and hope that a more permanent fix emerges. Hopefully it's a Google issue because being on 3T I don't think I'll get the Oneplus fixes anymore.

It's annoying! :)

15. Sandrine5T
    Gingerbread Mar 2, 2020

16. sweggitity

clear data for the app, then don't enable ambient mode, u Won't face the issue anymore.

17. Sandrine5T
    Gingerbread Mar 2, 2020

Sandrine5T , via OnePlus 5T , Mar 2, 2020 :
    I will try this, thank you so much.

sweggitity likes this.
  18. Moustafa Gouda
    Donut Mar 2, 2020

19. paulomodesto

paulomodesto , via OnePlus 5T , Mar 2, 2020 :
    sweggitity

clear data for the app, then don't enable ambient mode, u Won't face the issue anymore.

I don't have the ambient mode menu on Google app still.
    So, that solution it's useless at least for me.
    Let's wait for the next Google app update, I'm getting tired of these stupid bugs Android have, and other even more bugs rom related that late or never see a solution.

Bugs exists and will always exist, but taking to must time to fix it, when all was working just fine before they change what they think they should change it's incomprehensible.

p.s. Just received an update for the Google's app, done cache cleaning and all is working for now.
    Let's see if it's fixed now!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020

20. REACHER217
    Gingerbread Mar 2, 2020