[Answered] google assistant can't listen and google app won't load

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apersonnamedmike
    Honeycomb Apr 18, 2017

apersonnamedmike , Apr 18, 2017 :
    It seems like it's happening randomly, but I cleared cache after the update (both of the whole phone and then the google app itself). I don't have aggressive doze on.
    I updated to 4.1.3 and it started some time after that. I can't remember if my google app got an update around the same time, but I've contacted them as well.
    Only way to work around it is to reboot the device, then access google until it breaks again.

2. apersonnamedmike
    Honeycomb Apr 18, 2017

apersonnamedmike , Apr 18, 2017 :
    Force stopping it does the same thing as a reboot, from what I'm getting as well. Don't know if that helps

3. apersonnamedmike
    Honeycomb Apr 19, 2017

apersonnamedmike , Apr 19, 2017 :
    Ok... I guess after force stopping a few times, the issue has not come up for the last 20 hours that I know of. The issue might have been fixed somewhere in that.

4. Mich O.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 23, 2017

Mich O. , Apr 23, 2017 :

Update from the user:
    Hey, I'm happy to provide log files, but it seems like the issue has resolved itself now. It's been working well for the past few days after pressing "force stop" for the google app a couple of times.

Marked Solved and closed.

Latest update: Issue recurred, thread reopened.

5. Mich O.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 4, 2018

Mich O. , Jul 4, 2018 :
    If this issue persists on the latest build, please raise a new bug report so that we will look into it again. This thread will be marked as 'Fixed' and will be closed.

Thank you and have a great one.