Other Google Assistant disappearing after every reboot.

1. pure.by
    Gingerbread Mar 22, 2017

pure.by , Mar 22, 2017 :
    Dear OnePlus, I have extensively searched Google, XDA and OnePlus forums for many days and could not find a solution.

I did find 10+ threads on this topic, all closed by moderators, saying "people have to use search" (sometimes in a very rude manner) but not a single answer that works on OnePlus 2 after a reboot!

The "answer" mods refer to is this:
    ↑ This does not work. It only works temporarily after the initial reboot, but every second reboot Google Assistant is gone and replaced by Now-on-Tap, and I have to repeat the procedure and setup everything all over again.

I understand it's frustrating if 100 people ask the same question over and over again, but maybe it's a good idea to provide your customers (the ones who pay $$$) with support instead of being a complete аss to them. If moderators know the solution to this problem, why do they not point people in the right direction by pasting a link that is presumably so easy to find? Why not make a sticky thread with the fix in the OP?

This forum is meant to support paying customers, it's not some voluntarily hobby community (like XDA) where people come to spend their free time and do research and where it can be expected that everyone reads every single forum message. People are here to get support for the product that they payed serious bucks for, when it's malfunctioning.
    So some form of decency is to be expected from official forum staff members when assisting customers, not rudeness, trolling or АSSisting. Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017

2. G_Chandra_Wijaya_BgnV
    Donut Apr 1, 2017

F_Sakar_Lamsal_tUaD likes this.
  3. F_Akash_Chauhan_UCmb
    Eclair Apr 1, 2017

4. Leehm
    Honeycomb Apr 1, 2017

5. G_Chandra_Wijaya_BgnV
    Donut Apr 2, 2017

G_Chandra_Wijaya_BgnV , Apr 2, 2017 :
    The problem is not it works well or not, it works well on my device also. But everytime I restart my device (i have scheduled on/off) , it's gone, changed to google now not Assistant. So I have to clear my Google app data and setup everything again from the start

6. F_Sakar_Lamsal_tUaD
    Cupcake Apr 2, 2017

7. mrtabby
    Cupcake Jun 12, 2017

mrtabby , Jun 12, 2017 :
    I have the problem when my phone boots, the Assistant opens and closes and does not stop! I tried to clear cache (in recovery mode). No idea how to stop this condition as the phone is heating up (constant CPU usage), unless I press the power button to turn off the screen. After several minutes in this mode I can turn the screen back on and the Assistant is gone.