Google Assistant Issue (when screen is turned off) via OnePlus 8

1. RamRoyal7
    Cupcake Apr 4, 2021

RamRoyal7 , via OnePlus 8 , Apr 4, 2021 :
    If we want to access Google Assistant when the screen is off some times it says that (your mobile data is turned off so I can't help you at this moment) even if my mobile data is turned on.

2. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 6, 2021

3. RamRoyal7
    Cupcake Jul 25, 2021

RamRoyal7 , via OnePlus 8 , Jul 25, 2021 :
    Thanks for your support bro but it's not the issue in regular usage the Google assistant was working pretty good.
    It is about accessing it without Unlocking the device.
    If you're data is turned on and u kept your device aside without using it for almost 10mins and then you try to say hey Google without Unlocking it it's responding quickly but unable to access data.

4. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jul 25, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jul 25, 2021 :
    If you don't see any improvement after trying the suggestions given. Please send Bug reports and give Feedback on the issues back to the OnePlus OOS developers. So that they can investigate them. Thank you.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

And you can also contact OnePlus support directly to see if they have more information on your issue. Scroll down the page for Email, Phone contact and online Chat details.
    https://www.oneplus.com/support

5. RamRoyal7
    Cupcake Jul 25, 2021

Thanks for your support bro..

U can check this bug by yourself maybe it's on OnePlus 9 pro too.

Just don't use your phone and keep it a side for more than 10mins or 15mins any say hay Google without Unlocking it.

It responds immediately but unable to access your data(mobile data) even if you turned it on previously.

It looses contact with the data connection and unable to do task.

The result:
    When you say hey Google "open youtube" it activates from sleep but reply you "your phone don't has data connection so I can't help you with that at this moment"....

If you face the same issue too please let me know and also give your feedback to the developers so that this issue can be solved faster.

Waiting for your reply.

6. McJader
    Marshmallow Jul 25, 2021

McJader , Jul 25, 2021 :
    Go to Google app settings>Google assistant>lock screen>are both the options toggled on?

Caomhin and RamRoyal7 like this.
  7. RamRoyal7
    Cupcake Jul 25, 2021

Yes they are but it's not the issue.
    It is responding properly during lock screen but unable to access my mobile data connection.
    Example-
    If I turned on my data connection and locked my device normally and kept it aside without using it for more than 10mins or a wile and after that I come back and say hey Google "who is president of India" without touching or Unlocking the device it is activating properly but says "your phone has no data connection so I can't help you with that at this moment".

U can try this for yourself too
    1627205134386.jpg

1627204724116.jpg

8. McJader
    Marshmallow Jul 25, 2021

McJader , Jul 25, 2021 :
    I understood your issue, it can happen sometimes if the options I mentioned are toggled off, that's why I suggested that.
    No, Google assistant on the lock screen works fine for me, no "no data connection" message, even after 10 minutes of inactivity.

9. RamRoyal7
    Cupcake Jul 25, 2021

Maybe you should try some more time (15 to 30 mins) or some other time.
    U can check my data connection working properly in the screenshot everything is poper at my side but don't know why this happens to me I hope the developers responds soon.
    Thanks for your support bro

10. McJader
    Marshmallow Jul 25, 2021

McJader , Jul 25, 2021 :
    You're welcome, I'll try what you said.

11. Tee_Eee_Bee
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 25, 2021

Tee_Eee_Bee , Jul 25, 2021 :
    You may need to check if you have "Sleep Standby Optimisation" enabled as it can disable data connections to save battery. Try disabling and re-enabling and see if that helps.
    Settings > Battery > Battery Optimisation > 3 Dot menu top right hand corner > Advanced Optimisation

Caomhin likes this.
  12. RamRoyal7
    Cupcake Jul 26, 2021

RamRoyal7 , via OnePlus 8 , Jul 26, 2021 :
    I tryied it today no use still same issue