Google assistant not working properly with earphones

1. Pranit Mehta
    Gingerbread Oct 17, 2019

Pranit Mehta , Oct 17, 2019 :
    Whenever I try to activate Google assistant by speaking into the earphone mic, either it won't get activated or if it gets then won't listen to what I say. But when I activate assistant with the button on my earphones it listens to every word perfectly. I've tried this with both wired and Bluetooth earphones and it's the same with both of them.

2. Bilalazeem54 , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Oct 18, 2019 :
    go to google settings > voice and then under hands free have a look at the settings "Allow Bluetooth requests with device locked" and "Allow wired headset requests with device locked"

also check on google settings > voice > voice match. "Access with voice match" , "lock screen personal results" and also retrain your voice.

Attached Files:

3. Pranit Mehta
    Gingerbread Oct 18, 2019

Pranit Mehta , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Everything is on. Can you try on your phone and see what happens. Just speak the hey Google or ok google command in your earphone mic and see if it activates and listens to what you say

4. Bilalazeem54 , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Oct 18, 2019 :
    mine works perfectly. im using wired bullets too

5. Pranit Mehta
    Gingerbread Oct 18, 2019

Do you have to press the button to activate it or you just speak into the microphone and it activates?
    If the phone is near you it gets activated by hearing your voice through the phone's mic. Keep the phone slightly away from you and try

6. Bilalazeem54 , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Oct 18, 2019 :
    so i tested it. while playing music i said hey google into my earphone mic and it activated google assistant. i also use the button to long press at times.
    my phone also activates google when in a distance i shout hey google

7. Pranit Mehta
    Gingerbread Oct 18, 2019

May I ask which oneplus phone are you using. I think this is due to the removal of headphone jack in 6t which might have messed things up. Thanks a lot for replying and helping me out.