Google Assistant not working when screen is locked

1. U1624790118885
    Cupcake Nov 28, 2021

U1624790118885 , Nov 28, 2021 :
    I have tried every fix online, but my Google Assistant always wants me to unlock the phone. This happens when I hold the power button to access the assistant, and on several different Bluetooth devices.

I have tried to activate and deactivate all settings pertaining to locked phone, Bluetooth devices etc. The only thing I have not tried is retraining the voice recognition, and the reason for that is that this setting is not appearing in the menu.

And yes, I have cleared cache and data from both the Google app and the Google Assistant app.

This is kind of a deal breaker because I use the phone in the car a lot and out in cold weather. I don't want to fish it out of my pocket all the time.

2. Aaron2017
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Aaron2017 , Nov 28, 2021 :
    Have you tried enabling the setting that's described in this article as well?
    https://www.howtogeek.com/715841/how-to-use-google-assistant-without-unlocking-your-android-phone/

B_Wrath likes this.
  3. B_Wrath
    Junior Moderator Junior Moderator Nov 28, 2021

B_Wrath , Nov 28, 2021 :
    Here you can go through the list of things which you can do with Google Assistant when your device is locked.
    https://support.google.com/assistant/answer/9134021?hl=en

Aaron2017 likes this.
  4. monamisaaaa
    Cupcake Nov 28, 2021

monamisaaaa , Nov 28, 2021 :
    And how to make sure that such bugs were not? I often hear that a program or device that was recently purchased can give errors and malfunction. There is a way to prevent this, isn't there?

5. ryuk44
    Cupcake Nov 28, 2021

ryuk44 , Nov 28, 2021 :
    Hello, of course there is a way to prevent bugs. When a program or software is under development, experienced programmers write test cases to check the operation of the program. You can check this article and read more. It explains not only why you need it but also how you can write a test case yourself. I hope you find it interesting!