Google Assistant via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. Alvinantoz
    Honeycomb Nov 7, 2020

Alvinantoz , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 7, 2020 :
    Whenever I try to open YouTube or Netflix on my mobile using voice command it's automatically trying to open the application on my TV ( not the one on my phone) evnthough my tv is turned off. Any solution?

2. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Nov 7, 2020

Venky61 , Nov 7, 2020 :
    As your TV must be in sleep mode, for Google Assitant it's ON. The video skills are generally prioritized for larger screens if available in the network. So to avoid it, you have to give specific instructions like "Open Netflix on my Phone".

Alvinantoz likes this.
  3. Alvinantoz
    Honeycomb Nov 7, 2020

Alvinantoz , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 7, 2020 :
    No Tv is turned off and power cable detached from the socket. I can open YouTube on mobile by saying specific comment like " open YouTube on this device". As you suggested

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020

4. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Nov 7, 2020

Tokolozi , Nov 7, 2020 :
    You got that infinite power hack it seems

Venky61 and Alvinantoz like this.
  5. Alvinantoz
    Honeycomb Nov 7, 2020

6. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Nov 8, 2020

Venky61 , Nov 8, 2020 :
    That's very strange actually. There used to be a default device setting in google Home, but seems like that's been removed. For me it's the other way round, I have to specify the TV's name and only then GA executes on the TV. If not it does on the device I am using GA with.
    May be try re-adding the TV or change the TV's name and try once.

7. Alvinantoz
    Honeycomb Nov 8, 2020

Alvinantoz , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 8, 2020 :
    Yes it's seemed strange and that's why I put up this therd. I noticed one more thing when ever the tv is not turned on and GA give a msg like turn on TV to open YouTube, I think these commands stays in the GA memory coz after a while when I turned on TV those commands I made earlier started executing on its on.