Google confirms and shows the Pixel 6 / 6 Pro, and they come with a Google Tensor processor!

1. CosmicPaladin
    Jelly Bean Aug 3, 2021

CosmicPaladin , Aug 3, 2021 :
    Gadget freaks rely on popular and reliable leaksters to show the world all the upcoming gadgets and they do help building up the hype, the way I see it. Some companies take it further and start sharing sneak peeks themselves and the buzz intensifies a thousand-fold! It's Google this time around, for the much-awaited Pixel 6 series.

It all started with Google's tweet thread that listed renders, videos, colors, variants, and even some specs! What are they you ask? Read on..

Following suit with the iPhones and OnePluses of this world, Google now moves into the "pro" notion of flagships ditching the "XL", – now it's Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro. The major highlight of Google's broadcast is the in-house built "Tensor" processor, moving away from Qualcomm's Snapdragon. This chip was originally codenamed "Whitechapel", and comes with a Titan M2 security chip integrated. Tensor is powered by machine learning and AI in its development process and Google claims it offers the most secure hardware when compared to any phone. The Tensor SoC is also supposed to lend itself to some advanced voice commands, translation and dictation services which is much awaited again.

google-pixel-6-pro-range-1000x589.jpeg
    PC: Google

The Pixel 6 has a 6.4" FHD+ flat screen with a 90Hz refresh rate while the Pro has a 6.7" QHD+ curved screen with a 120Hz refresh rate. Another thing revealed were the cameras - the pro has 3 cameras with a 4x optical zoom in addition to the wide angle and ultra wide cameras that are on both devices.

The Pixel 6 and the Pro each have 3 color combos and they surely look different. What strikes one, is the camera bump on the back that is more of a bar, an instant reminder of the Nexus 6P! The overall design is refreshing, and the phones have a premium look to them, but for each person that loves it, there seems to be a person that hates it in equal measure.

Google-Pixel-6-Pro-1000x498.jpeg
    PC: Google

This will be shipped with the latest Android that was showcased in the Google I/O earlier this year. The price information hasn't been revealed nor the regional availability, but 8 countries already list them on Google Store's website. What do you think the pricing will be? What are your thoughts on the design? Shoot away in the comments.

Ref: Android Authority

2. suhantm
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 3, 2021

saintferre, 4hma4d, ykrudra and 13 others like this.
  3. AlienEye
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Aug 3, 2021

4. Aaron2017
    Lollipop Aug 3, 2021

Aaron2017 , Aug 3, 2021 :
    Looks like Google finally wants to make it in high end flagship territory. And based on the specs on paper they might succeed as well. Finally an improved camera setup with finally an optical zoom promises all the best (on paper at least). I especially look forward to the tensor processing unit which supposedly sharpens faces that turn out blurry in photos, having a 4 year old that doesn't sit still or like to pose for a photo this would be a huge deal for me personally.
    The design is definitely different, but i'm undecided whether i like it or not...
    As for the price, this looks like a true flagship so i'm guessing this will have a price tag to match as well.

tka.lee, 4hma4d, SlackW_1993 and 6 others like this.
  5. Cheetosdust
    Moderator Moderator Aug 3, 2021

Cheetosdust , Aug 3, 2021 :
    I am really interested in seeing what Google will do this time around.

Like it was mentioned, they're going after the top tier market, so they'll have to ship an outstanding device with no "excuses" nor compromises whatsoever.

They mentioned already that it's going to be "expensive" and they're going to spend a ton of money on advertising.

Question is: will people outside the tech bubble even notice?

Either way, it has the potential to be one of the most interesting products of the Fall.

6. anmol.butta
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2021

anmol.butta , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 3, 2021 :
    In India atleast, the price for Pro version would easily exceed that of 9 Pro and deservedly so but should stay under the Galaxy counterpart otherwise it would be just pointless.

7. McJader
    Marshmallow Aug 3, 2021

McJader , Aug 3, 2021 :
    Google is launching it only in 8 counties initially, which doesn't include India. India is not expected to be included later on too.

8. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Aug 3, 2021

9. SRD.
    Lollipop Aug 3, 2021

SRD. , Aug 3, 2021 :
    And the worst part is , it 's not launching in India in the first go.
    Still excited for the launch. Want to see what they came up with in the past 4 years.

northbay5566 and Aaron2017 like this.
  10. SatyabrataSandil
    Cupcake Aug 3, 2021

Based_Individual likes this.

13. Aditya_4
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Nord 2 Aug 3, 2021

rasulkhan7 likes this.
  14. mostpleasing
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2021

mostpleasing , via OnePlus 7T , Aug 3, 2021 :
    Hmmm.

L1533128554728 likes this.
  15. udaybhaskar22
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2021

17. anmol.butta
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2021

anmol.butta , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 3, 2021 :
    Yeah it's unlikely but still hopeful.

M1621934635899 likes this.
  18. p2p
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 3, 2021

p2p , via OnePlus 7T , Aug 3, 2021 :
    The beige is one of the most beautiful phones I have ever see.

I think that will be my next phone by November. Let's wait for the rest of the specs but it has high chances.

19. deep_patil
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2021

jkoppa likes this.