Google cuts ties with Huawei, will it happen to oneplus

1. nihaarc Donut May 20, 2019

nihaarc, May 20, 2019 :
    Hi with Google cutting android app updates play store etc ties with Huawei, I sent this link to a friend whiz got the mate 10 Pro he responded could happen to oneplus, so question is will it happen to oneplus, could it happen to oneplus?

I don't know but would like to think me investing in an android oneplus means that I'll be using it in 2 years time.

ashutoxh likes this.
  2. jjjjustin Cupcake May 20, 2019

jjjjustin, May 20, 2019 :
    OnePlus is associated with Oppo, not Huawei. I think it won't affect us for now.

3. LegolasX Jelly Bean May 20, 2019

LegolasX, May 20, 2019 :
    ehhh OnePlus isn't the one who American government blames for spying. so people can rest easy.
    and as per your friend he is jealous because he has huawei.
    and who knows if the conditions are applied only for US.

Maverick2.0 likes this.
  4. Maverick2.0 Jelly Bean May 20, 2019

Maverick2.0, May 20, 2019 :
    No, it's for all their products all over the world. The phones already sold will be affected shortly. As far as Play Store is concerned, Huawei is done for. They can still use Android since it's open source, but can't use any of Google's services.

Aman Singh gurjar likes this.
  5. LegolasX Jelly Bean May 20, 2019

LegolasX, May 20, 2019 :
    well then..they have to open their own app store. :Dapple ban coming in china..xd

us practically forced every one to cut the ties though..

6. Maverick2.0 Jelly Bean May 20, 2019

IMO,what Trump is doing is hypocritical. First, Huawei 's ban is based on a fear that it may pass on data to the Chinese govt. But so could others to their respective countries. Can one guarantee that Apple won't give data to the US government? OnePlus might do the same too.

7. Maverick2.0 Jelly Bean May 20, 2019

Huawei already has its own OS ready. Just in case they have to dump Android.

However, I doubt the consumers outside of China will like it. Could hurt their business badly.

8. LegolasX Jelly Bean May 20, 2019

LegolasX, May 20, 2019 :
    ha.. politics..not my cup of tea. was and will always be a dirty game.
    US consumers who like the products of Huawei have no saying on this, government decided for them.
    now i know why everyone uses iPhone in US.

9. Maverick2.0 Jelly Bean May 20, 2019

Trump should immediately make it mandatory for Apple to manufacture iPhones in the US only. Certainly not in China. Then it should be fun. Apple's profits will take a big hit.

10. LegolasX Jelly Bean May 20, 2019

LegolasX, May 20, 2019 :
    he will never do it, since its an American company. already Apple is loosing touch all over the world. and you will see their new hideous iPhone. who designs these kind of $**t for them?

Maverick2.0 likes this.
  11. Maverick2.0 Jelly Bean May 20, 2019

That's why I call it's hypocritical decision.

12. Loveit Jelly Bean May 20, 2019

Loveit, May 20, 2019 :
    Damn Trump and Google. This has really pissed me off to the point of considering iPhone as my next phone. At least they take data seriously (nice slogan) - will have to give them a proper run out soon.

Hell I'd even give Huawei's own OS a shot now.

13. Offline7 Ice Cream Sandwich May 20, 2019

Offline7, May 20, 2019 :
    Doesn't affect current Huawei devices, but there goes all of their future phones along with their business with Qualcomm and Intel haha

14. toastytoast1234 Lollipop May 20, 2019

toastytoast1234, May 20, 2019 :
    The 'issue' isn't with their phones, it's with the telecoms equipment they make for network backbone infrastructure. They have 70k people working in R&D, Oneplus have... less than that.

Until Oneplus get into that game I think they'll be safe. At least as safe as any of us can be until Trump goes to jail.

Loveit and Aman Singh gurjar like this.
  15. malidan Marshmallow May 20, 2019

malidan, May 20, 2019 :
    Agreed if they come with the new OS I will certainly take a look too, it may actually be better optimised for the Kirin.
    Xiaomi and Samsung have also been rumoured to be baking their own system too, we are heading for interesting times with Captain Trump at the helm.

Last edited: May 22, 2019

Loveit and Aman Singh gurjar like this.
  16. meatandy Nougat May 20, 2019

meatandy, May 20, 2019 :
    There are never any guarantees in life , neither is there one regarding your question.

17. toastytoast1234 Lollipop May 20, 2019

toastytoast1234, May 20, 2019 :
    You can absolutely guarantee that there will be some dumbarses around here complaining about something dumb.

Such a waste, when there are perfectly legitimate things they could be complaining about.

meatandy likes this.
  18. stansuys Froyo May 20, 2019

stansuys, May 20, 2019 :
    oneplus is working closely with google dont worry they are on the same line for their development in 5G

19. meatandy Nougat May 20, 2019

meatandy, May 20, 2019 :
    If no one is around to hear/read about the complaining , Is it still complaining ? :D

toastytoast1234 likes this.
  20. Discostu Ice Cream Sandwich May 21, 2019

Discostu, May 21, 2019 :
    It's part of the terms and conditions people sign before joining, one must agree to frivolous posting and based on little to no facts yet be taken as gospel.

Anyway back to the topic it hand - it is an interesting turn of developments and somewhat unsurprising if you have been following this debacle. It is worth noting that Google have not been told to do this or have done it "because" - they're complying with the law that Trump has mandated. He barred any US companies from using telecommunications equipment made by firms that are deemed a "national security threat" - Huawei was added to that list meaning Google and any other company can't work with them until such a time as it is overturned.

Also worth noting is a similar instance that took place with ZTE who were blacklisted for some other unscrupulous activities, they were forced into negotiation with the US and then allowed back into the market. It isn't unreasonable to expect a similar process to occur here.

Whatever happens it sure is interesting to watch.

toastytoast1234 likes this.