Google Dialer now that Nord is using it.

1. dcoffin88
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2020

dcoffin88 , Jul 22, 2020 :
    I know the question about Google Dialer has been asked many times on here, but now that Nord has released using the Google Dialer does anybody think that will come in a OnePlus 6 update in the future?

2. Adarsh_sh
    Donut Jul 22, 2020

Adarsh_sh , Jul 22, 2020 :
    I don't think this will happen to older devices as they have already said no more updates for OnePlus 6 series. 😣

3. LegolasX
    Jelly Bean Jul 22, 2020

LegolasX , Jul 22, 2020 :
    even the current flagship don't have it. what makes you think it will arrive to older devices.
    what's so great about Google dialer anyways? OnePlus dialer inefficient for you?

drl431 and FaleshC like this.
  4. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Jul 22, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 22, 2020 :
    You will still get updates.

Updated OxygenOS release cycle

Official Release (OTA)
    (Unchanged – 1 update every 1-2 months)
    This is the final step. Once code has undergone several rounds of internal and community feedback throughout the Closed and Open Beta programs, the best of the best is released on the official version of OxygenOS. These are the updates that you automatically receive via OTA if you don’t opt into any sort of beta program. In a nutshell, these are the builds that go out to all of our users across the globe. While these builds are stable and polished, the feedback doesn’t stop. We still continue to collect and analyze feature requests and bug reports, and we actually have some big things in the works to make the feedback process even better.

More details here.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...beta-program-past-present-and-future.1229405/

rhyd1am and drl431 like this.
  5. Adarsh_sh
    Donut Jul 22, 2020

I thought they had stopped Beta updates for OnePlus 6 and 6T. Hence I assumed that there won't be OS updates but maybe we may still get security patches OTA

Caomhin likes this.
  6. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Jul 22, 2020

Yes Beta for Android 10 on 6 Series has stopped, but like the 5 series Beta should restart when Android 11 is introduced, maybe early next year sometime. Oneplus will probably bring out a new road map for Android 11 nearer to when they release it.

However Stable updates will continue approx 2 months apart.

drl431 likes this.
  7. Adarsh_sh
    Donut Jul 22, 2020

OnePlus promises 2 years of support with the device and I guess by November 2020, OnePlus 6 and 6T will no longer come under promised OS sopport.

I just hope they still come out with an Android 11 plan for 6 and 6T as the hardware is amazing and I am sure the hardware can support another version of Android 😀😀😀

Caomhin likes this.
  8. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Jul 22, 2020

Well currently OP3 series went beyond wit Android 9, 4 versions they received. OP5 series phones went beyond that with Android 10 again 4 versions from initial release.

So hopefully OnePlus 6 series will have 11. Which would also make 4 versions from initial series release.

drl431 likes this.
  9. Adarsh_sh
    Donut Jul 22, 2020

I am crossing my fingers, buying a OnePlus Nord and hoping that my 6T gets updated to Android 11 😀😀😀😀

Caomhin likes this.
  10. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Jul 22, 2020

drl431 likes this.
  11. Adarsh_sh
    Donut Jul 22, 2020

Caomhin likes this.
  12. dcoffin88
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2020

dcoffin88 , Jul 23, 2020 :
    The OnePlus Dialer is fine, the Google Dialer just ads some extra features that yet small make the app nice to use. Two main features I like is the Google search integration for looking up phone numbers right in the app and the spam detection and control features.

anupamabhay likes this.
  13. PraneelSharma
    Cupcake Jul 24, 2020

PraneelSharma , Jul 24, 2020 :
    is google dialer better than the oneplus default dialer?

14. grepster
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

grepster , via OnePlus 8 , Jul 30, 2020 :
    I just purchased the OnePlus 8 and just realized I don't have spam blocking. This is a huge step backwards. Please enable the Google dialer.

15. buharim
    Donut Aug 11, 2020

buharim , Aug 11, 2020 :
    I have been really disappointed with OnePlus Nord, Expecting all the features showing my OnePlus 5 (Still Strong enough to run more rounds).
    Google dialer - Pathetic (never expected from OnePlus) no auto recording facilty.
    Google Messaging - Worst (Best is OnePlus -Oxygen)

Is there any chance it will be changed to Oxygen Default ?? If not I would like to return OnePlus Nord. (Sorry disappointed)

16. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Aug 11, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 11, 2020 :
    All users here.

contact OnePlus support directly to see if they have more information on your issue. Scroll down the page for contact and online chat details.

https://www.oneplus.com/support

17. duvelyonker
    Honeycomb Aug 11, 2020