Google Fi Support ?

1. reubadoob
    Eclair Oct 24, 2019

reubadoob , Oct 24, 2019 :
    Just got my OPO 7T today (10/23/2019). Put in a new Google Fi SIM, moved my number from my Pixel 2XL. Everything in that regard went very smooth no issues.

What I later came to realize is I have none of the following:

1. Wi-Fi Calling
    2. RCS Chat/Messaging

If anyone has any suggestions as to what I can do to get either of these working I'd appreciate it. I know the 7T isn't on Google's official list of supported devices yet but I'd appreciate a work around if one exists.

2. reubadoob
    Eclair Oct 26, 2019

3. blutigritter
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2019

blutigritter , Oct 27, 2019 :
    I've read people got WiFi Calling working on OnePlus phones and other non-Fi devices by setting their phone dialer to the Hangouts Dialer, but I personally haven't tried it myself.

reubadoob likes this.
  4. reubadoob
    Eclair Oct 31, 2019

reubadoob , Oct 31, 2019 :
    Sounds like bit of a hack but if that's what it takes it might be worth it. My only concern is Hangouts is dead. So who knows how long that option will last.

5. sparcv
    Donut Nov 1, 2019

sparcv , Nov 1, 2019 :
    Just by joining the Google messages beta you can get rcs support without any kind of hacking on FI. or at least it was that way for me.

reubadoob likes this.
  6. svntsvn
    Donut Dec 11, 2019

svntsvn , Dec 11, 2019 :
    Have you got wifi calling to work with the stock dialer since the fi app update? vpn? (no vpn settings in fi app for me).
    Just wondering if the vpn setting is available to you? Basically fully activating with google fi deletes all the wifi calling options, network prefs, while adding a bunch of apns and setting me to the "project fi-tm" apn by default, which drops signal on what appears to be every tower switch.
    I was considering seeing what i can get back in engineering/factory mode.
    I have a hunch that google still needs to light up stuff server side as well, or work out some dual sim stuff. Curious if the tmobile firmware with single imei/sim is working more smoothly on Fi?