Google fit stopped tracking activity via OnePlus 7T

1. bo_bu
    Cupcake Apr 4, 2021

bo_bu , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 4, 2021 :
    Hi guys, ever since my OP7T got the android 11 update google fit stopped tracking any activity. Reinstall didn't fix the problem. The app has all necessary permissions to track activity as well as location permissions. Anyone can think of a solution?

2. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 6, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 6, 2021 :
    Reset All the App permissions, it may be that an app or apps or something connected is causing the issue.

Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > see all apps > select three dots > Reset app preferences.

Then reboot.

⚠️This will not delete your apps data but you will have to provide permissions for all your Apps again.⚠️

Check if this can help.

3. Musaran
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 9, 2021

4. cajax
    Donut May 17, 2021

cajax , May 17, 2021 :
    Same for me. Reinstalled, reapproved permissions. Still doesn't work. If I manually track activity (walking) fit would count kilometers but not steps.
    Also it is not specific to fit but any app that accesses activity data.

5. vpetterson
    Cupcake May 21, 2021

vpetterson , May 21, 2021 :
    Same here, zero steps since upgrade to android 11 on my 7 Pro. Any fix yet oneplus??

Last edited: May 21, 2021

6. Emin Ak
    Cupcake May 31, 2021

Emin Ak , May 31, 2021 :
    The issue is due to aggressive battery optimization settings (by default).

Go to Google Fit app settings (called simply Fit), select Battery and then "Don't optimize". Clear cache and restart.

It worked for me.

java007md, AKHENAX and ivantoribio like this.
  7. RobertButler
    Cupcake Aug 30, 2021

RobertButler , Aug 30, 2021 :
    Tried this and numerous other solutions (reinstalling, changing profile etc) but I can't even get it to start tracking steps at the moment. All the steps in the journal come from map my walk which works fine with battery saving disabled.

It's frustrating as it worked fine before the upgrade. A reboot gets it tracking for a short while then it stops again...☹️

8. vgsingh89
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2021

vgsingh89 , Sep 21, 2021 :
    Same issue - my one plus tracker step counter works fine, but google fit has just stopped tracking steps at all - in both normal and workout tracking mode.

Reboot will restart it for maybe 50-75 steps and then it stops again. The removal of battery optimisation for this app did not work for me. And yes for me too, kms are tracked but not steps.

If anyone finds a fix, would love you know!

9. AlexanderGreen
    Cupcake Oct 5, 2021

AlexanderGreen , Oct 5, 2021 :
    The same issue. One Plus 6, google fit has stopped working. Reboot, reinstall, clear/remove cache didn't help. Step counter doesn't work after phone was updated to Android 11.

10. L1568809607288
    Cupcake Oct 6, 2021

L1568809607288 , Oct 6, 2021 :
    My Google Fit stopped working on my OnePlus 6T. This update has seriously ruined my phone. The camera also doesn't work in Google Translate, which I use every day, and I don't get Gmail updates...Thinking about throwing it away and buying a Pixel. SO disappointing!

11. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Oct 6, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 6, 2021 :
    Could consider a backup of data and then do a full Erase All Data factory reset to refresh your current installation of OOS. See if that might help.

12. dllprice
    Donut Oct 11, 2021

dllprice , Oct 11, 2021 :
    Same for me here. Received the update sunday (oneplus 6, France) .. didn't try anything of the suggested .. tired with the issues (had to fight with the Spotifiy / Android Auto bug too .. )

Please fix you want me to consider Oneplus for my next phone .. Tired of testing / workarounding ... I just want a phone that works. Google and Spotify are major parts of the phone ecosystem their stuff shoud work after an upgrade !

The suggestion of Caominh just lets me speechless .. I translate it as "guys, waste 3h of your time and tell us if there is a miracle that make it work"

13. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Oct 11, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 11, 2021 :
    And its a suggestion to try, if all else has failed. You don't have to, but it's an option entirely up to the user whether they do or not. Personally it's what I would do, once I have exhausted all other possibilities and suggestions given throughout this forum. Most of which can be found by a search in the Community.

Anyway it's the users choice, no one forcing anything on anyone.

14. dllprice
    Donut Oct 11, 2021

dllprice , via OnePlus 6 , Oct 11, 2021 :
    Maybe I was a bit unpleasant .. sorry for that .. just a bit tired with regressions.
    .. new edit : finally accepted to change fit's battery mode, emptied fit's cache, rebooted ..and .. seems to work. .. (forgot to mention I first uninstalled fit, reinstalled, got upset, wrote here, had. a good beer, then changed the battery settings 🤪)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021

15. johnjohn2214one
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2021

johnjohn2214one , Oct 14, 2021 :
    Have OnePlus 7 - changed fit's battery mode, emptied fit's cache, rebooted - Worked for me. If you can't find the battery optimization settings in the "FIT" app just change it from your android power settings