Google I/O 2021 - Join Writers' Club Voice-Chat now!

1. CosmicPaladin
    Jelly Bean May 17, 2021

CosmicPaladin , May 17, 2021 :
    20210517_162456_0000.png

So, Google I/O 2021 is upon us and looks pretty darn interesting as usual – a glimmer of new tech and software amidst the ongoing pandemic. All said and done, Google I/O excites not just the developer community, being an annual developer gig of sorts, but the geek community as a whole. That's because Google has taken the chance in the past to unveil new hardware too, in addition to Android version updates.

Going by the buzz and razzmatazz in the recent weeks, here are some of the things most of us are excited about and looking forward to:
    • Android 12: Google always uses Google I/O to share a lot about the upcoming flavor of Android and this year will likely be no different. With Material NEXT, the new iteration of Android UI, Google is speculated to do a major overhaul to Android 12. Another major talking point will likely be privacy.
    • IoT: IoT might sound like a buzzword that has lost its meaning, but Matter (formerly known Project CHIP), a Smart Home endeavor that includes Google, Apple, Amazon, and the Zigbee alliance, is gaining moment, and there are multiple Google I/O sessions dedicated to the Internet of Things.
    • WearOS: The rumors of an upcoming Pixel Watch spark the hopes that this Google I/O will bring major news for WearOS, hopefully making the platform live up to everyone's expectations.
    • New Hardware? It's been a while since Google launched new hardware at Google I/O, but with so many leaks going on just one day away from the event, can we expect a Pixel 5a? Pixel 6 series? What about a Pixel Watch or even a more affordable pair of earbuds?
    Head over to Google's event page and get your snack boxes ready for May 18, with Sundar Pichai kickstarting it all with his keynote at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET / 6 PM BST / 7 PM CET / 10:30 PM IST.

Screenshot 2021-05-17 at 3.28.54 PM.png

This is one of the events of the year, so what are we doing? Well, we have something new for you!

We created a Telegram channel so we can all talk about it. Yes, yaadi yaadi yaada talk! How, you ask?

Telegram Channel: OnePlus Voice Chat
    Time: Saturday, May 22, 7:30 PM IST / 4:00 PM CET / 3:00 PM BST / 10:00 AM ET

At the time above, we'll be hosting a Voice Chat over Telegram. This will be similar to our previous LOOP episodes, where we discuss a tech topic, but this time, we're opening it to everyone in the Community.

From the Writers' Club, @razzor228, @suhantm and @YRJ will be joining to host the podcast. We're also inviting @dsmonteiro to share his views on the event. Then, people that join the Telegram group will have the chance to join the discussion live and share their own thoughts.

Some ground rules:
    • The Live Chat will be English only. Users willing to participate in the discussion can post in the Telegram group and the Telegram mod/admins will invite you to speak.
    • No harassment, name-calling, racism, insults will be tolerated.
    • NSFW content is NOT ALLOWED.
    • No advertising in any form is allowed. If you are not sure if the link you'd like to send is allowed, please consult one of the Telegram mods
    • To help others identify you better, please use a profile name similar to your forum username, no troll names, blank names, names with RTL characters, or inappropriate names
    • Please keep media posting (images, videos, GIFs, and stickers) to a minimum
    • Do not indulge in spam tagging users, if you do not agree with someone/something you can choose to ignore it.
    • The Telegram moderators and Admins have the last word, be nice to everyone.
    • The Voice Chat session will be recorded to be later shared in this thread.

Hop on and let's talk Google I/O and everything-related – the tech, Google, Android, IoT – and perhaps what OnePlus can achieve with all these offerings! Meanwhile, let's discuss all the Google I/O 2021 findings on @dnagpaldg's Google I/O 2021 thread!

Talk to you soon!

2. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member May 17, 2021

Stickied Post
    dsmonteiro , May 17, 2021 :
    Do you want to know more about Android 12? Check @YRJ's thread here to find out the latest news about the latest flavor of Android and join in on the discussion about the leaked and teased new features that will arrive with it later in the year.

3. Cheetosdust
    Junior Moderator Junior Moderator May 18, 2021

Stickied Post

4. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 May 17, 2021

Dresa91 , May 17, 2021 :
    Thank you for this Google I/O thread :)

5. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 May 17, 2021

YRJ , May 17, 2021 :
    Do join the voice chat party later this week ;)

6. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop May 17, 2021

7. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 May 17, 2021

Dresa91 , May 17, 2021 :
    Yeah, maybe ;)

8. McJader
    Marshmallow May 17, 2021

McJader , May 17, 2021 :
    Great initiative, already joined the group:p
    And yes, talk to you soon;)

9. McJader
    Marshmallow May 17, 2021

10. sumitMZ007
    Jelly Bean May 17, 2021

Helder_DAlmeida likes this.
  11. G_plusone
    Nougat May 17, 2021

12. GowthamDevathi
    Cupcake May 17, 2021

13. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member May 17, 2021

dsmonteiro , May 17, 2021 :
    As someone that is getting ready to build a house, I have to say I'm quite excited about Matter and Google's keynotes around IoT. IoT so far has been a mess. There are many great IoT platforms, but it's nearly impossible to make everything work together properly without a massive amount of tinkering.

With Matter, I really hope things change. It would be amazing to buy into an ecosystem that isn't limited to a small cluster of brands and that might die, leaving all your smart home appliances dumb.

15. Adrian.Lewis
    Froyo May 17, 2021

Helder_DAlmeida likes this.
  16. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop May 17, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , via OnePlus 7T , May 17, 2021 :
    You should get ready to shell out a lot of money if you're planning to build a smart home 😉

Lay far field microphone modules at multiple places in your house, that way, your house will be like a living house with support of GA 😎

Best of luck 👍🏻

17. Karthick2301
    Froyo May 17, 2021

G1620619129290 likes this.
  18. Sumanthkumar_10
    Gingerbread May 17, 2021

19. Y1620691412681
    Cupcake May 17, 2021

Devjain499 likes this.