Other Google Maps not working

1. vishalv_2000
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2020

vishalv_2000 , Oct 22, 2020 :
    I have a One plus 5 and have been facing major issues with Google Maps for the last 4 months.

I have factory reset my phone and checked all the major settings related to Maps and Location Services, changed my Sim card but this seems to be an issue with the Android OS.

Upon starting Google Maps, it shows the distance and ETA correctly but does not change its location when I start driving.
    It often shows SEARCHING FOR GPS and doesn't move while I m changing location. Only when I restart GOOGLE maps, it shows correct info and then gets stuck again. All other Apps that use the internet, location, GPS are working perfectly fine, so there does not seem to be an issue with the hardware.

Here are some steps I followed, to fix the issue but no help. Pls suggest:

Upon starting the map, it shows the distance and ETA correctly but does not change its location when I start driving. It often shows SEARCHING FOR GPS and doesn't move while I m changing location. Only when I restart GOOGLE maps, it shows the current location... But remains there till the time I don't restart maps or my phone. I have tried the following, but this did not solve the issue:
    1. Switching GPS on/off
    2. Granting all permissions to maps/location access to maps
    3. Checking internet / data
    4. Compass calibration / high accuracy mode
    5. Updating Google maps, restarting the phone
    6. Formatting/ factory reset my phone
    7. And many more navigation and wifi/ Data settings in Google maps and my phone.
    I have a One plus 5, updated to Android Version 10.0.0 and other apps that use GPS/LOCATION/DATA are working perfectly fine.
    I have tried changing my sim card, accessing the internet over the hotspot and many more things but no help.

Pls suggest a solution as I am in huge trouble.

Thanks.
    Vishal

aftabshaikhzz likes this.
  2. Oreo.
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Oct 22, 2020

Oreo. , via OnePlus 5 , Oct 22, 2020 :
    If you have Developer Settings unlocked, skip to Step 2.
    Step 1) To Turn on Developer Settings:
    Settings > About Phone > Tap Build Number repeatedly until you see password screen > Enter password said:

Step 2) Now to access Developer Settings:
    Settings > System > Developer Options > Find "Quick Settings Developer Tiles" option
    1603360373898.jpg
    Enable "Sensors Off" tile
    Step 3) Now open your notification panel and click the pencil icon.
    Step 4) You will find "Sensors Off" tile there. Hold and drag it to the main field.
    Step 5) Toggle Sensors Off tile off/on and verify if it resolved your GPS issue.

3. vishalv_2000
    Cupcake Oct 24, 2020

vishalv_2000 , Oct 24, 2020 :
    Tried ! .....Still not working. :(