Google Pay issue after update

1. w.joseph
    Gingerbread Oct 26, 2021

w.joseph , Oct 26, 2021 :
    I downloaded the ~131MB update. Didn't try reinstalling the OS since I don't want to risk losing all my data.

The issue seems to be limited to a subset of EU OnePlus 8 devices. I received a new Play Store version, but that does not seem to resolve the issue.

2. PanosSamaras66
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2021

PanosSamaras66 , Oct 26, 2021 :
    No problems on my 8 Pro with Google Pay, or even the Wallet app of my bank.
    Seems like a hit and miss problem.

3. AdmiralThraal
    Donut Oct 26, 2021

4. GBorni
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2021

GBorni , Oct 26, 2021 :
    I updated my OnePlus 8 EU ota. The Play Store tells me now that the device is not certified for Play Protect.

5. mazinger2
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2021

6. Heffaklumpen
    Froyo Oct 26, 2021

7. thelazyman
    Eclair Oct 26, 2021

8. jorgegh
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2021

9. AlejoLinardi
    Eclair Oct 26, 2021

AlejoLinardi , Oct 26, 2021 :
    Same issue here. Restarting the phone seems to solve this momentarily. I can't believe we'll have to live two months without Google Pay, I want to sell this phone so bad. So disappointed....

11. Bogeyof
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2021

12. Dami6rn
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2021

G_Omid_Amani_uwmu likes this.
  13. Mitz Parmar
    Gingerbread Oct 26, 2021

Mitz Parmar , via OnePlus 8 Glacial Green , Oct 26, 2021 :
    Weird thing is that if you do a Play Protect Scan it doesn't show that there are any harmful apps. This makes me think that it's showing a form of compliance unless I'm thinking wrong 🤷🏽‍♂️

14. G_Omid_Amani_uwmu
    Eclair Oct 26, 2021

G_Omid_Amani_uwmu , via OnePlus 8 , Oct 26, 2021 :
    Those who have lost access to Google pay have lost access because Safety Net the Google attestation for compliant devices is failing to find a CTS profile.

CTS (compatibility test suite) should have been updated with Safety Net by OnePlus who carry out the automated testing for OS 11 for each model and release of this update. Then when your CTS profile match checks are made it should find that your particular device with that update release version has a certified working test result.

If it doesn't find that your exact model with CTS profile match it will return failed

Any app that seeks Safety Net verification will not permit you to use it until it finds a profile match for CTS. (CTS is not the only checks that are made on safety net but it's the only one that is now failing post this update)

Until the CTS profile match passes GPay, additional work profiles in Microsoft inTune etc will not work and you will be stuck like me.

Essentially either OnePlus has messed up providing all the CTS information to Safety Net or Safety Net have messed up processing such information. Either way we are currently screwed.

Run a safety net check on your phone via one of the apps that checks to see if yours fails also. This will be why your Google Play is not certified as it also checks Safety Net.

This is clearly affecting a lot of OP8 devices hence OnePlus stopping the role out.

Next time I won't be so quick to update.

OnePlus are very poor in this area, I was also affected years ago by their website hack in which my card details were stolen and money taken out. I should have learnt my lesson back then.

Heffaklumpen likes this.
  15. tsaklidk
    Eclair Oct 26, 2021

tsaklidk , Oct 26, 2021 :
    i have downloafed and install only the 131mb updaye. This was the only available option .....

16. Heffaklumpen
    Froyo Oct 26, 2021

Heffaklumpen , via OnePlus 8 , Oct 26, 2021 :
    Oneplus!
    What are you guys doing?, this is seriously a low level of updates you are pushing out!

Fix it asap please!

17. tsaklidk
    Eclair Oct 26, 2021

tsaklidk , Oct 26, 2021 :
    You are right. Run the test and failed (see attached). Any way to fix it, or do we have to wait Oneplus ?[​IMG]

Heffaklumpen likes this.
  18. Mitz Parmar
    Gingerbread Oct 26, 2021

19. Tomj44
    Donut Oct 26, 2021