google photos acting as default app

1. RootMonsteR
    Eclair Oct 8, 2014

RootMonsteR , Oct 8, 2014 :
    Lets make another thread because a mod closed my old one before it was actually solved...

So lets start again, When I try to send pictures from say Kik or other IMs it loads google photos instead of Gallery I prefer gallery as its organized when google photos really isn't.

Steps i have tried
    I looked for google photos in the app manager but its simply not there.
    I have reset all app preferences and it still comes up with google photo

This is really irritating as I never picked google to become my default gallery or anything and I have reset the preferences so if it was a default preference it would be reset so it should ask me, But it doesn't any ideas ?

2. sh3llshock
    KitKat Oct 8, 2014

3. Sandesire
    Jelly Bean Oct 8, 2014

Sandesire , Oct 8, 2014 :
    Google photos isn't pre-installed, you can probably just uninstall it.

btw: If a mod or admin closes your thread: Send them a pm with a reason (question not solved in this case) to reopen it.

4. Yaerox
    Gingerbread Oct 8, 2014

Yaerox , Oct 8, 2014 :
    It's pretty hard to assume the mod would close the thread if it's not solved ... did you even read all replies?

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...of-default-gallery-issue.138859/#post-6227409

There is a clear solution for your problem. If you say it's still the same, it's on your IM. Don't tell me this wouldn't be a clear conclusion man ...

5. RootMonsteR
    Eclair Oct 8, 2014

RootMonsteR , Oct 8, 2014 :
    Its not the IM though as the IM has defaults cleared and why would it be the same for all IMs....

6. Yaerox
    Gingerbread Oct 8, 2014

Yaerox , Oct 8, 2014 :
    KiK

If your App is using google, it's not a OnePlus/CM issue. Maybe try to get informations about the app. If you're saying multiple IMs, you have to tell us all your IMs because we probably don't have the problem.

7. ananda
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 13, 2014

ananda , Oct 13, 2014 :
    Long press on the Photos app in the App Drawer, click on App Info and clear Launch defaults. I just did it and it works. I have now assigned Gallery to open by default. However, instead of the extremely lacking stock photo gallery app, I downloaded Nexus Gallery from the Play Store for the official, more robust KitKat gallery.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014

8. W1573034104655
    Cupcake Nov 9, 2019 at 12:01 PM

W1573034104655 , Nov 9, 2019 at 12:01 PM :
    I have the other problem even though it's set as default Google photos does not show I get the OnePlus 7 Pro gallery which is pretty empty as this is a new phone