Google Play Music.....

1. Stopiwala
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 19, 2015

Stopiwala , Nov 19, 2015 :
    I have conducted a search on several occasions to assess and solve this issue but I have not found anything. If you know of a link to a thread that has the solution please send it my way.

I have read several (dozens) of threads, most older, where Google Music has paused or stopped or crashed phones etc....

My issue is a combination of things.
    Firstly, I can play My Library without issue, but I like the radio station feature and was using it regularly, mostly using Bluetooth in my car and infrequently with headphones.

Several months ago, when using this feature, it would play one song and then freeze and then the play button and other stations would have a "grayed out" appearance, like the option was no longer available to me. If I left the phone alone, it would say, "the music you are trying to listen to is not currently available, please try again later".
    I would invariably attempt to try again later and it would not work. Also, in the menu, the Radio Station category would be gone.
    A few months back I posted that I was going to start using Pandora again, which I have done but I really like the interface of Google Music so for the past few days I have again attempted to get it working.

So this morning I was using it through my Bluetooth speaker in my house and at first everything was fine, but after the 3rd song it paused, then I had to hit the play button and it played two songs and paused and I repeated this a few more times after which I went back to Pandora.
    One other thing I noticed was the icon was not appearing in the notification bar and when I put my phone into standby, which I can do with Pandora and not have the music shut off, the music stopped while using google music.
    I've updated everything (on 12.0 not 12.1 though), I've had the same issue while using headphones, using WiFi, off WiFi, LTE, no LTE....

I know this has to have been covered but I just can't locate this elusive thread, if it exists. Any assistance would be highly appreciated and I would be eternally grateful.

Oh, I have the One+1 on 5.0.2 OS version 12.0-YNG1TAS2I3 (because the 12.1 looks crazy glitchy)

2. Stopiwala
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 21, 2015

3. jman47
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2015

jman47 , Nov 21, 2015 :
    Check to see if you have background data enabled.
    I remember when I had it turned OFF Google play and pandora would only play one or two songs then stop, especially if not on wifi

4. Stopiwala
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 21, 2015

5. Stopiwala
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 22, 2015

Stopiwala , Nov 22, 2015 :
    So I did make sure that background was still running and it is. Thanks again for your input.

Does anyone else have a suggestion that might help in getting Google music to play without the issues I'm currently experiencing?

I'm still fine with someone just sending me a link to where a resolution can be found as I've had no luck with search.