Google play services issue

1. el97 Cupcake Feb 5, 2019

el97, Feb 5, 2019 :
    Hi!
    Google play services have drained 25% of the battery since full charge. I'm not sure but u think this is a strange behavior of the application. is anyone else have the same issue?
    1549373899023.jpg

2. drl431 KitKat Feb 5, 2019

drl431, Feb 5, 2019 :
    Google play services acts an a conduit for some play store apps to access features on your phone, like gps, internet, sensors, etc.

So one or more of your apps are using phone resources. Possibly social media apps often syncing to their severs.

3. el97 Cupcake Feb 5, 2019

el97, Feb 5, 2019 :
    Okay but is there anyway I can get the usage more precise?

4. drl431 KitKat Feb 5, 2019

drl431, Feb 5, 2019 :
    I expect Google will provide more information as to what is using the play services in a future update. But, for now you can try uninstalling or changing the settings of possible offending apps.

Thibiza86 and Kytharsis like this.
  5. G_Shrey_Patel_JKSg Froyo Feb 8, 2019

6. drl431 KitKat Feb 8, 2019

boff_hell_Joe likes this.
  7. G_Shrey_Patel_JKSg Froyo Feb 8, 2019

G_Shrey_Patel_JKSg, Feb 8, 2019 :
    i read that before posting.. i also turned its permission off but then it doesn't sync contacts... also it can't be force stopped. that's the matter.

8. drl431 KitKat Feb 8, 2019

drl431, Feb 8, 2019 :
    It seems that you know the offending apps. If you need constant sync with social media apps...

9. JAGADISH BHATTA Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 8, 2019

JAGADISH BHATTA, Feb 8, 2019 :
    I am not sure but it maybe snapchat,snapchat is known battery hog.

10. Thibiza86 Cupcake Jun 21, 2019

11. shijomohandas Eclair Jul 19, 2019

shijomohandas, Jul 19, 2019 :
    Yes, me also faced some issue. My device is OnePlus 6T, Android 9, Oxygen V.9.0.15.
    Device is used for about six months, for the first couple of months the battery backup is just awesome. I installed so many apps also more than 4 gmail accounts, So many messengers like whatsapp, facebook, IMO, Duo, Telegram etc. Image editing apps, selfi apps, Business tools, after 5 months its become too big that i cannot track how much apps i installed.
    Then, there comes the problem battery is not lasting half a day. I am not a light user, i use my phone each and every time but even though my 6T lasted a full day before, so dig deep what's happening, i found Google play services is the culprit behind my battery drain. sometimes more than 50 or 60 percentage of my battery is drained by Google play services all alone even though i am not using the phone. I dig again to find a solution why google play services draining the battery, I tried everything except hard reset because setup my phone after resetting is a very painfull job for me. I tried toggle the location off, removing some of google accounts and used only one, removed some of my apps, cleared some data and cache, cleared google play services data and cache, but still battery is draining.
    Later i decided to take the pain, Hard Reset my phone.
    but it worked, When i am typing this my phone have 60% battery(6.25pm), Last full charge is 9hrs before, ie, 9.30 am. means my phone lasted a day full without hurting the battery leaving more than 50% left for night for using before hitting my bed.
    I think some of the apps used google play services in the background resulting the battery drain and i think there is no solution to find out which. i hope google will try to find a solution in the near future as this problem is common in every Smartphones. Untill then, avoid unwanted apps clogging your device and if it so just reset it, it worked for me. Hope this helps.

el97 likes this.
  12. hmsantanna Eclair Jul 19, 2019

13. shijomohandas Eclair Jul 19, 2019

shijomohandas, Jul 19, 2019 :
    Yes, it perfectly worked for me. No issues so far, and i got really good battery backup now as like before.

14. hmsantanna Eclair Jul 19, 2019

hmsantanna, Jul 19, 2019 :
    Ok, thanks.
    Mine is an Oneplus 6.
    The strange thing is that the issue doesn't happen every day...

15. FAM911 Cupcake Jul 23, 2019

FAM911, Jul 23, 2019 :
    rebooting is a temporary fix.....why isn't OP giving us an update that addresses this issue???

and even if play services is required for some apps, those apps are always working & play services is usually at 4-6%... but it's only on some occasions that play services goes to 20-30% and drains the battery....and it's getting annoying.

I usually notice is a little late when the battery is already at like 40% or so and when I restart it goes back to normal and lasts a lot longer than the time it showed before restart.

OP needs to find a permanent solution for this.

el97 and Thibiza86 like this.
  16. Kytharsis Marshmallow Jul 23, 2019

Kytharsis, Jul 23, 2019 :
    So you're blaming the OEM for Google's service acting out. That makes a lot of sense.

17. FAM911 Cupcake Jul 23, 2019

FAM911, Jul 23, 2019 :
    it never happened in any of my Samsung phones or in my pixel...whoever is to blame, they need to fix this

18. shijomohandas Eclair Jul 23, 2019

shijomohandas, Jul 23, 2019 :

FAM911

it never happened in any of my Samsung phones or in my pixel...whoever is to blame, they need to fix this​

Samsung devices also reported same issues in other forums.
    But this problem is relatively common in Oneplus devices.
    I strongly recommend to Hard reset your device to get a very decent battery life. Maybe a bug from any of the installed apps is causing trouble. So after Resetting keep an eye on the installed apps and battery life, if the same battery drain occurs at some point, check the last installed apps.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019

Kytharsis likes this.
  19. JAGADISH BHATTA Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 24, 2019

JAGADISH BHATTA, Jul 24, 2019 :
    Its a google problem google need to fix it