Google Play Store not updating nor downloading any Apps

1. witnness
    Cupcake Mar 18, 2020

witnness , Mar 18, 2020 :
    Hi,

The past few days I tried to get my head around what is causing this.
    I tried to download an App and the icon is just showing download but not initiating any download, it times out eventually.

I have cleared cache and storage from Google Play as well as the download manager
    Did a soft reset
    I have 70% storage
    I have turned it off and on again
    i tried to update the play store to 18.8 currently on 17.9 through the browser that failed
    Set downloads for any network wifi or mobile

Nothing worked currently I have 52 Apps that need an update

Has anyone experienced the same and knows how to get my phone working again?

Any help at this stage would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Lisa

faheem.r likes this.
  2. faheem.r
    Cupcake Mar 24, 2020

faheem.r , Mar 24, 2020 :
    Yes same here. i have tried literally everything. it isn't working on my phone. I have a 100 Mbps connection. Other phones at home download everything easily and update as well but my phone OnePlus 5 wont.

3. witnness
    Cupcake Mar 24, 2020

witnness , Mar 24, 2020 :
    I raised a bug with one plus. i would recommend doing the same. They haven't gotten back to me yet, but hopefully soon. Nothing can update and at some stage not a single app will work....and the phone will be useless...

4. Caomhin
    KitKat Mar 24, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 24, 2020 :

Try the following, Clear the App info Cache and App info Storage for all 4 items

Google Playstore
    Google Play services
    Google Services Framework (Search in Setting for this)
    Google App

Restart the phone.

It may take a while for Google to rebuild its services Playstore etc.

Go through at least one full charge cycle from less than 50% Battery to give it time to do that.

See if this rectifies the Playstore issue.

You can then try to update your Google Play System Update in Setting, if there is one available in Settings, Security & Lockscreen
    1585052801403.jpg

biarbw likes this.
  5. faheem.r
    Cupcake Mar 24, 2020

6. faheem.r
    Cupcake Mar 24, 2020

faheem.r , Mar 24, 2020 :
    Where do I submit this bug? I see a lot of threads regarding this but no official response.

7. Priyanshu Sharma
    Jelly Bean Mar 25, 2020

8. faheem.r
    Cupcake Mar 26, 2020

faheem.r , Mar 26, 2020 :
    I have finally found out what the problem is. It's with the Google Play Protection. If you open your Google Play App and navigate to settings. At the last of the options, you would find this option 'Play Protect Certification' and the value for this setting is 'Device is not certified'. This is why we fail to update the apps or even download the apps.

I have even tried following the solution at https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-fix-device-not-certified-by-google-error/

It worked for a couple of small apps and then stopped again. Now I have found out a way to deal with this issue. You need to use a VPN in order to download/update apps.