Got a question? We are here for the OnePlus 7T Series AMA.

1. G_Paweł_“Obywatel_Pis , via OnePlus 3T , Oct 14, 2019 :
    horizon lines notification... can we say that it works like hardware colour led? Can I assign different colour to different app eg. Viber .violet... WhatsApp green etc ?

from long distance without touching phone i can see blinking edges ?

and it will work like old school but really good notification led in 3t series?

2. Lucy Lu
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2019

Lucy Lu , Oct 14, 2019 :
    My message to Oneplus. Guys, you are on the verge of creating a fantastic phone in the 7T. However, these things spoil it for me and are the reason I won’t be buying it.

1) No always-on-display - why?? At least give your users the option. Stop making decisions for them like they are children. If I use aod it’s my choice and I fully understand it’ll use a little more battery. But that should be “MY” choice, not yours.

2) No LED notification light - why?? This is an essential feature. I often return to my phone after being in the gym and on my OP6 I can see clearly if I have received any new notifications without having to turn my screen on. I can also tell which app is notifying me by the colour of the LED. WHY ON EARTH SHOULD I HAVE TO CONSTANTLY TURN MY SCREEN ON JUST TO SEE IF A NEW NOTIFICATION HAS ARRIVED???

It shouldn’t be too hard to light up a dot on the amoled panel and move it around to prevent burn-in. Let us choose different colours for different apps too. Your users would love this feature

3) The size of the device is too big! The perfect, optimum size for a handheld device is 6.2 inches. Any bigger than this and it becomes difficult to use with one hand and struggles to fit into jeans pockets. Sure you can get it into a pocket but try bending your leg!! Why not offer a smaller flagship device with 90hz screen for your smaller handed users?? Apple do and so do Samsung and Huawei - why not Oneplus??

Oneplus 7T would be perfect if it was 6.2”, had notification LED, had always on display.

Close, but no cigar guys. What a shame.

3. ccplm
    Donut Oct 14, 2019

4. ccplm
    Donut Oct 14, 2019

ccplm , via OnePlus Community App , Oct 14, 2019 :
    @Raymond Z will the future OnePlus devices ever get an Sdcard slot I know 256gb of storage is great but would it be possible to put one in the future and please keep the the OnePlus 7/7t pro's design with just one small change make the display curves not so pronounced or make it a flat display with no notch or hole punch. If you can't implement the SD card slot please bring back the headphone jack. I know wireless is the future but wired headphones still produce the best audio and as I own a bunch of great high end headphones and great budget ones like the Philips shp9500 HiFi headphones the all have a 3.5mm headphone jack. Hoping for positive response

anup314 likes this.
  5. Sai Charan.G
    Eclair Oct 14, 2019

anup314 likes this.
  6. anup314
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2019

anup314 , Oct 14, 2019 :
    Dear All !

I have recently purchased this phone One Plus 7.
    Prior to this I have been using iPhone for a long time...

I'm highly disappointed with this phone as it doesn't have MS Office. I tried installing MS Office from Google Play Store but it is all garbage, some has Advertisements that too with 1 minute time limit, some files doesn't open & so on.....

I have installed 4 to 5 Apps from the Play Store & finally deleted it. All are useless.
    Same with phone also and phone without MS Office is useless.

So please help me so that I can use MS Word, Excel, PDF, PPT, rar compressed file, etc.

Thanks & Regards,

Anupam
    M# +91-7007644177

7. anup314
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2019

anup314 , Oct 14, 2019 :
    Dear All !

I have recently purchased this phone One Plus 7.
    Prior to this I have been using iPhone for a long time...

I'm highly disappointed with this phone as it doesn't have MS Office. I tried installing MS Office from Google Play Store but it is all garbage, some has Advertisements that too with 1 minute time limit, some files doesn't open & so on.....

I have installed 4 to 5 Apps from the Play Store & finally deleted it. All are useless.
    Same with phone also. Phone without MS Office is useless.

While using iPhone I never felt these issues, there all the files were opening including compressed rar files & even it can be edited as well.

So please help me so that I can use MS Word, Excel, PDF, PPT, rar compressed file, etc.

Thanks & Regards,

8. MasterSkills29
    Froyo Oct 14, 2019

MasterSkills29 , via OnePlus 6 , Oct 14, 2019 :
    Try WPS Office. It can do everything what MS Office can and uses less storage then MS Word + Excel + others together.

9. G_Arunn_Pandian_GQKE
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2019

G_Arunn_Pandian_GQKE , Oct 14, 2019 :
    I have a contact picture for a contact and this contact picture is Hd resolution around 2k pixels. when i crop my image to desired size and set it as contact pic , after some time the image blurs to unseen image. why is this happening and is this a bug in software?

10. cloitzl
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2019

11. Đạt
    Eclair Oct 14, 2019

Đạt , Oct 14, 2019 :
    Nope, they will never add it, they're afraid of the battery draining.

12. Z1570728570619
    Donut Oct 14, 2019

Z1570728570619 , Oct 14, 2019 :
    its updated version...and i called oneplus customer care also, they also couldnt resolve it yet...can anyone help me out in getting the mail id of the oneplus head

13. C1569836803977
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2019

14. ARAVINDD270796
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2019

15. O1510054378339
    Eclair Oct 14, 2019

16. Jatin.gaba
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2019

Jatin.gaba , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 14, 2019 :
    Hey,

Here's my question!

Why is the In display fingerprint sensor light colour different on OnePlus 7T vs green on 6/6T and 7 series ?

If it helps in quicker unlock, will the older devices get it?

Thank you

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019

17. Y1571056990731
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2019

18. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Oct 14, 2019

camohan , Oct 14, 2019 :
    @Raymond Z. why is there a difference in the camera module between OnePlus 7T Pro and OnePlus 7T Pro Mclaren edition.

The Mclaren edition does not have the thing on the left side of the camera module and 7T Pro has.

19. jeevanbatla
    Gingerbread Oct 14, 2019

20. Hardeep140301
    Eclair Oct 14, 2019

Hardeep140301 , via OnePlus 7T , Oct 14, 2019 :
    hi one plus please watch this geekyranjit YouTube video review on one plus mobiles he said right please work on that.. one plus 7t pro is unnecessary launch as he said no major difference between 7pro and launching new mobiles too fast after one another is not satisfying one plus core users.

ccplm and G1569675974999 like this.