Got an invite...need advice

1. teamnowak Gingerbread Sep 6, 2015

teamnowak, Sep 6, 2015 :
    So I finally got the invite but am pretty sure I am not going to order. I really want at new phone with an improved camera and good battery life (and a fingerprint scanner would be nice too). I think OP2 CAN be that phone, but from reading reviews some software updates will definitely be needed before it can be considered much of an upgrade to my OPO. And frankly, I just don't trust (or honestly like) this company. I thought I would wait out N5 but the rumors seem pretty legit at this point and it seems like it will underwhelm. Moto X seems too big and I really question the camera on that from reviews I've read. I'm still considering getting an LG G4 on ebay or swappa. I can get one for around $400. Not sure about the software but I know it has a great camera.

Some questions:
    - What is the return policy? If I order it and check it out for a few days, can I return it?
    - Should I take a chance anyway because I can always just turn around an sell on e-bay?
    - Anyone have positive or negative experience with the LG G4?

I might just let the swapstyle decide for me. I want the rosewood one. If it's not available, I won't buy at all.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015

Ceasedd and gpridescool like this.
  2. ysumanthvarma Cupcake Sep 6, 2015

ysumanthvarma, Sep 6, 2015 :
    great bro..all dying to get invite and u thing of leaving it ..:)

3. Bartnl Lollipop Sep 6, 2015

Bartnl, Sep 6, 2015 :
    It has been said a zillion times: invites are e-mail/account linked. You only can buy through that account/email to which the invite has been send. Therefor they are NOT shareable.

4. teamnowak Gingerbread Sep 6, 2015

teamnowak, Sep 6, 2015 :
    Just looking for some advice guys. I have no invites to share. As you probably already know, it's only for my e-mail address/account.

5. Abby KitKat Sep 6, 2015

Abby, Sep 6, 2015 :
    When ppl dun receive invite, they cry..n when they receive it...they put a long questionaire :p

6. Bartnl Lollipop Sep 6, 2015

Bartnl, Sep 6, 2015 :
    Probably can't say this, but you can order it and sell with profit on Ebay :)

7. Kapitan Nemo Lollipop Sep 6, 2015

Kapitan Nemo, Sep 6, 2015 :
    http://oneplus.net/support/answer/what-s-the-process-for-returns

8. teamnowak Gingerbread Sep 6, 2015

9. Cool Droid Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 6, 2015

10. Kapitan Nemo Lollipop Sep 6, 2015

Kapitan Nemo, Sep 6, 2015 :
    Do you know how to read because their policy is clearly stated if you follow the link.

Dotty1888 likes this.
  11. 4Flash Gingerbread Sep 6, 2015

4Flash, Sep 6, 2015 :
    Yes, you have 15 days before you can give it back, but you can't return seperat accessories (like Usb-C adapters) after you opened it.

12. Cool Droid Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 6, 2015

Cool Droid, Sep 6, 2015 :
    You can return phone within 15 days of delivery to get a full refund. In my opinion you should buy it because software bugs will be fixed the moment CM or other roms come out ;)

vaibhav111 likes this.
  13. shrenil19 Jelly Bean Sep 6, 2015

shrenil19, Sep 6, 2015 :
    You can return any one plus item 7 days after purchase no questions asked. And honestly you could probably make 100$ easily on amazon/eBay. Personally I thought the g4 was great with the camera and all but in the hand it just doesn't seem like a premium device and that's the only problem in my opinion. Camera is pretty good but certainly not the best. I would recommend the ZTE axon pro as an alternative

14. shrenil19 Jelly Bean Sep 6, 2015

shrenil19, Sep 6, 2015 :
    Its 7 days for the op2. It was 14/15 for the opo but they changed it for op2

15. ikutoisahobo Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 6, 2015

ikutoisahobo, Sep 6, 2015 :
    Buy it. If you don't like it then sell it or give it to a family member or friend. If you don't appreciate it as much then surely someone else does.

16. oomegaoo Froyo Sep 6, 2015

oomegaoo, Sep 6, 2015 :
    I got my invite on the 1st was between the X Pure and OP2. I believe OP2 has the better hardware and overall better camera than Moto X. Like you say the software of the OP2 is the big question mark. If the software updates for the OP2 fix the most of the major issues (slow camera, home button/fingerprint issues, etc) I believe it would be hands-down superior to the Pure.

I decided to buy the OP2 in hopes that the update in mid-Sept would fix a lot of bugs. If I don't like it by the time the Nexus 6 comes out, I'll sell it and see what other phones are out at that time.

17. teamnowak Gingerbread Sep 6, 2015

teamnowak, Sep 6, 2015 :
    That's the frustrating thing with this company. I don't believe a word they say. I truly think the camera on this can be GREAT and battery life GREAT too with Android M. I just don't know about OP.

18. Kapitan Nemo Lollipop Sep 6, 2015

19. Cool Droid Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 6, 2015

20. jsims19pe Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 6, 2015