Invite + Buy + Sell = Profit!
If I were you, I would just get the moto x style. The Motorola moto x style isn't much bigger than the G4 and OP2 so size shouldn't be much of an issue. http://www.phonearena.com/phones/size#/phones/size/Motorola-Moto-X-Style,LG-G4/phones/9553,9104
Thanks for everyone that gave input. I've decided not to purchase at this time.
- I can always buy the phone later after further assessing all my options.
- 7 or 14 days isn't enough because the updates (they promised) won't come by then anyway.
- I have a gut feeling that I would need to sell this, and I'd really like to avoid that hassle. For me, making money on it doesn't feel right, so I don't want to go down that path.
- I honestly don't like the way this company continually lies to its customers and has not shown loyalty to the early supporters of OPO. Perhaps they will clean up their act as time goes on.
- I feel that if I purchase this phone today, in some way that validates OP's use of the invite system. They have created an artificial "used car dealership" high-pressure environment ("buy now, buy now, buy now"). I don't like that, and I don't think that is a way to do business nowadays.
- As consumes we have to vote with our dollars. I will likely be voting with my dollars on another company. I thought I might stick with OP, but the more I think about their business practices, over-promises and under-deliveries, the less I like them. Carl is in over his head IMO.
Best of luck everyone. I would give my invite away if I could. Hopefully when it passes early tomorrow morning, one will go out to one of you.
If you need advise obviously you didn't deserve the invite man this Forum is making me lose my freaking cool
Nothing against you just this whole thing needs works
I do not believe it does exist, through the invite system, I believe if it's like an open purchase you will be able to return it. This is just my guess, and just so you know , this is the age of electronics, you will some way some how find something about a product that would want an improvement or an upgraded version. The key is that is the company willing to work on improving it or are you just stuck with the product as is.
By the Way Congrats on your invite. Waiting for mine,
I'll agree with you there (that is, you are losing your cool). Look at your word choice: "didn't deserve." As if you can judge something like that. I work hard and deserve anything I can purchase. The whole thing DOES need work though. And it starts by ditching this company until they stop all the nonsense.
I actually should of edited it lol but I meant if you have to get advice maybe this phone isn't what your looking for I am caught up on another thread and didn't take time to edit it lol sorry
Got advice, need invite
Remember this, before you ask for!
Once you have that OP2 in your hands with a Rosewood StyleSwap, I doubt you'll want to let it go =)
If you were here LAST YEAR at the beginning of the OnePlus One, then you'll understand that it would be BEST to wait a few months, like with the OnePlusOne, to let Oppo/OnePlus sort out the bugs. After a few "batches" being built, watch for the release of the Oppo Find9. Once it is released, "most" of the really bad bugs will have been solved, and the OnePlus2 should be a better device.
Look at it like this. OnePlus, is the beta testing arm of Oppo. Once they work out the bugs, they add the missing features (NFC, removable battery etc) and put the Oppo logo on the case and release it as the Oppo Find 9. THEN the OnePlus2 should be better. But, THIS year is different. Last year, being pretty much the only vendor offering a high spec/low cost device, you had to put up with the childish invite to spend your money crap. This year, there are a few other choices, not to mention you can't easily return a Oppo/OnePlus device. With other vendors, you walk into a store to return it.
I'd wait, if you can, if you really want the Oppo/OnePlus2.
US Brand Ambassadors Discuss: Favorite ways to customize OnePlus 7 Pro
by Taylor.Mah, 2019-08-13