Got my Official hard case :)

1. yonoshiro
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 3, 2014

yonoshiro , Aug 3, 2014 :
    Hey guys.

I just wanted to share my opinion on the OPO hard case. I received same yesterday and I must admit that I am quite impressed with it.

It is very thin, so much so that it really does not change the the feel in the hand (though the texture is different from the sandstone backing). There is very little increase in bulk overall.

The case I bought was the green, which is vibrant yet cool and calming at the same time. There are some mild blue undertones to this green.

It fits perfectly and securely and is very easy to put on. That said, Oneplus has been having some quality control issues with their cases as of late and a fair number of members have received cases that either do not fit properly or crack on their own. I may have gotten lucky, so please bear this in mind as this is a subjective review of the quality of my particular case and not all the hard cases in general.

Moving on, the texture of the case is quite pleasant. I assumed it would feel similar to the polycarbonate backing of samsung phones. However, it is vastly superior. It has a high quality feel, similar to a Lumia or the back of the white Nexus 5. It is somewhat grippy and does not feel as though it would slip and slide. It has an almost ceramic feel to it that I am quite fond of.

It has a minimal lip on the front and really would not offer the screen much protection if the device fell face down. However, the lip does not curl around the front of the phone enough to hinder the installation of a tempered glass screen protector.

I have not installed my glass screen protector as yet, but I have placed it on the phone to see if the case would block it. I am pleased to confirm that the case does not.

The gaps in the case for all ports and buttons are sufficiently large to allow easy use of same.
    Equally important, the camera is now recessed into the case which should protect it from scratches when the phone is resting on its back.

Overall, this is a really nice case and one I would gladly recommend. Sadly, some members are still receiving defective cases, so there is a definite risk in buying one.

2014-08-02-2370_q1.jpg 2014-08-02-2368_q1-1.jpg

PS. For doubting members, here is my invoice (personal information blocked, of course)
    _20140803_085548.png

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014

2. hitchi19
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2014

yonoshiro likes this.
  3. AamirWalwyn
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2014

AamirWalwyn , Aug 3, 2014 :

This case arouses me

marc84, HeadAxe, Ryan Hughes and 2 others like this.
  4. wout276
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2014

HeadAxe and yonoshiro like this.
  5. zippergooch
    Cupcake Aug 3, 2014

yonoshiro likes this.
  6. TurfRunner
    Honeycomb Aug 3, 2014

yonoshiro likes this.
  7. Sonny
    Jelly Bean Aug 3, 2014

yonoshiro likes this.
  8. Rkohou
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2014

Rkohou , Aug 3, 2014 :
    looks good. The phone looks nice without one but knowing my luck it will have meeting with the geound many many times.

babs and yonoshiro like this.
  9. engineer777
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2014

yonoshiro likes this.
  10. czar4you
    Jelly Bean Aug 3, 2014

czar4you , Aug 3, 2014 :
    What do you mean by official. This aint official. OPO did not release it. It must be a copy from OPOMART

11. elimanetor
    Honeycomb Aug 3, 2014

12. tombigfr

13. xtrasback
    Eclair Aug 3, 2014

Ewoutje likes this.
  14. engineer777
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2014

engineer777 , Aug 3, 2014 :
    2 things:
    - Its not available on oneplus.net, did you get it from opp-omart (wow, that is a censored word, why?)?
    - have you used the clear case yet? If this doesn't have much of a lip around the front, how much more protection can it really give than as opposed to the clear case?

15. juanitolovesnoah
    Honeycomb Aug 3, 2014

juanitolovesnoah , Aug 3, 2014 :
    Looks good! I ordered the nillkin leather flip case last week as the stock was empty...hope it fits well!

16. elimanetor
    Honeycomb Aug 3, 2014

17. dogg2dogg
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2014

dogg2dogg , Aug 3, 2014 :
    Is it made out of plastic which will scratch easily, e.g. in your pocket with coins ?

18. thustra
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2014

thustra , Aug 3, 2014 :
    Nice case aesthetically pleasing ,i do wonder how effective it would be in a drop test

19. yonoshiro

yonoshiro , Aug 3, 2014 :
    I advise you to do your research before posting. This is indeed one of the hard cases released by oneplus. They offered the white, green, yellow, orange and clear variants. It may not be available in store now as they only add them when they get stock.

As proof here is my invoice for the case ( with personal information blocked for obvious reasons).

_20140803_085548.png So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014

20. Dodkrake

Dodkrake , Aug 3, 2014 :
    It does look quite nicely, is this a free one shipped with the phone? or is it a payed one?