Got the 6T but did not receive the free gifts

1. yiplong
    Cupcake Sep 6, 2019

yiplong , Sep 6, 2019 :
    I just got the 6T in the mail but it was shipped without the 2 included accessories. Given this phone has no headphone jack unlike my old OP3T, I realy do want those Type C earbuds! I immidiately got in contact with Customer Support, and they said the gifts weren't shipped because I didn't add them during checkout. Well, I'm pretty sure I did, given how much I want those earbuds (I don't really care for the protective case because the phone came with one in the box).

Customer support then suggested that I return the phone under the 14 day return policy and re-order. I'm really unhappy with this, and it makes no sense. I am happy with the step up from the 3T to the 6T and don't really want to send it back. Why would OnePlus want to deal with a return and an opened box instead of just dropping those earbuds in the mail anyway? Isn't that easier and cheaper for both parties? Blaming the customer for missing items is just bad customer service, and it seems like OnePlus is going out of its way to make things difficult. I asked the representative to escalate this to a manager, and I hope the manager can make a sensible decision. If I have to send the phone back I would probably go buy something else after this debacle.

Sorry for the rant. I really do like OP in general, just need to get it off my chest. Thank you for lending your ears.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019

2. Artemus.
    Community Hero 2020 Sep 6, 2019

Artemus. , Sep 6, 2019 :
    Wait, you got gifts with your order?

Maverick2.0 likes this.
  3. yiplong
    Cupcake Sep 6, 2019

yiplong , Sep 6, 2019 :

Kytharsis

Wait, you got gifts with your order?​

Yeah, OP6T is now offered with two "free gifts". The USB C earbuds and a protective case. At least that's the case for my region. I edited the text to make it less confusing.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019

4. Horsault
    Moderator Moderator Sep 6, 2019

Horsault , Sep 6, 2019 :
    What is your region?

5. yiplong
    Cupcake Sep 6, 2019

yiplong , Sep 6, 2019 :
    I'm in the US. We can pick two free accessories, but apparently the only two choices are the type c earbuds and the protective case.

6. Horsault
    Moderator Moderator Sep 7, 2019

Horsault , Sep 7, 2019 :
    OK, I just checked.
    You have to manually select the free accessories for them to be added to your basket. They're not imposed on you, so you might not add the case if you don't want it, for instance.
    When checked, these products will add as new lines on your order (and invoice), and you'll see the corresponding discount. If you don't see them on your invoice (check in your orders, in "My account" on their web site), then you probably didn't check them. It's not blaming anyone to point this out, it's just a fact.
    Also note that this is only valid for an order placed on OnePlus official store, and may not be applicable for purchases placed elsewhere.
    To finish with, CS is here to help resolve hardware issues, not commercial problems. This is why they can't send you separate accessories: it's not their mission.
    So I'm afraid you'll have to do as advised, and send your product back in brand new condition during 14 days return period, and order a new one.

Pajamaman18, Maverick2.0 and Artemus. like this.
  7. ArtiomCiobanu
    Froyo Sep 7, 2019

ArtiomCiobanu , Sep 7, 2019 :
    Lol, that's really a crutch
    I'd say, do it if you don't have to spend extra money and then make a screenshot, just in case
    Shouldn't it have already been saved in a history?.. whatever