GPS accuracy

1. AniketTiwari
    Cupcake Dec 1, 2018

AniketTiwari , Dec 1, 2018 :
    i am facing some problem regarding gps in my oneplus 6t it shows my current location 2 to 3 block away and pointer continuously fluctuate here and there from my location

2. Mightymom
    Cupcake Dec 1, 2018

AniketTiwari likes this.
  3. AniketTiwari
    Cupcake Dec 1, 2018

4. T1125P
    Cupcake Dec 12, 2018

T1125P , Dec 12, 2018 :
    Hello I just received my OnePlus 6T, great phone but I want to know how to turn off the GPS setting, I want to use a weather app but do not want it to use GPS for location. I used to have a DROID TURBO and it said clearly use, gps, or not, this phone is not to clear on that setting.

Thanks

5. One Plus customer
    Cupcake Jan 12, 2019

One Plus customer , Jan 12, 2019 :
    Hi T1125P -- I don't think there is a way to turn off just GPS; Android 9 makes it part of a Location "package" which also can use Wifi, cell signals, etc. to get a position fix. You can turn off Location by going to Settings --> Security & lock screen --> Location. Note that this will turn off location for ALL apps. So you can turn off Location before using the Weather app, then turn it on again for other apps.

Just FYI: you can also turn off everything EXCEPT GPS for Location. If you go to "Google Location Accuracy" on the same Location screen in Settings you can turn that off and then the phone will use only GPS to get position (as long as Location is on).

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019