GPS doesn't work well !!

1. telsonalva
    Eclair Jan 1, 2016

telsonalva , Jan 1, 2016 :
    I am on CM 12.1-YOG4PAS3JL (5.1.1), google maps takes too long sometimes to get a GPS signal, whether its with 'Device Only' or 'High Performance'.

Mid Navigation it fails to provide real-time navigation, one way I have seen around this is to restart the phone before starting the Navigation, runs ok then.

Anyone else face this issue ?

Thinking I should change to Exodus, Navigation is important to me.

2. Aloosh1982
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2016

Aloosh1982 , Jan 1, 2016 :
    I am the same. I'm also on CM 12.1-YOG4PAS3JL. I'm hoping the new ota fixes that when it lands for me.

3. telsonalva
    Eclair Jan 3, 2016

telsonalva , Jan 3, 2016 :
    After researching this seems to be a problem with CyanogenMod.

We can try either of the two below. I tried the first (since rooting my phone is not an option), if the first doesnt work then go for (2). For now my GPS is locking a lot faster : 6s.

Method 1:

• Take your SIM out of the device
    • Power on the device
    • Turn WiFi on
    • Turn GPS on
    • Go into its Settings menu
    • Click Manage A-GPS state
    • Click Reset
    • Click Manage A-GPS state again
    • Click Download [You’ll see a message telling you that a data connection is needed, ignore it]
    • Now put your phone on a stable, straight surface in order to enable the phone to get a lock, within GPS Status. This time, you’ll see your phone get the lock way faster than before.

With that done, now it’s time to put your SIM back in and use the network to secure a quick GPS fix as well.

• Put your SIM back in, and turn the device on
    • Check the APN settings, make sure that your default APN has the following entry in its APN Type: “default,supl” – without the inverted commas [T-Mobile customers can try keeping this field empty, if “default,supl” doesn’t work]
    • Open either Google Maps, or the application GPS Status

Method 2 (Rooted Phone):

• Root your OnePlus One (You cannot proceed if you do not have root access), follow the Guide here
    • change gps.conf (/system/etc) to one below (update the values, keep a backup of the previous one)

XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra2.bin
    XTRA_SERVER_2=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra2.bin
    XTRA_SERVER_3=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra2.bin
    ERR_ESTIMATE=0
    NTP_SERVER=north-america.pool.ntp.org
    DEBUG_LEVEL = 3
    INTERMEDIATE_POS=0
    SUPL_VER=0x20000
    SUPL_ES=1
    CAPABILITIES=0x37
    SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com
    SUPL_PORT=7275
    LPP_PROFILE = 3
    NMEA_PROVIDER=0
    SGLTE_TARGET=1
    A_GLONASS_POS_PROTOCOL_SELECT = 0

This time you should witness a really quick fix at the GPS signal by your phone. And you should not face lag in getting a fix at the GPS-signal even after a re-boot, or in case of moving away from the area.

PaulF8080 likes this.
  4. telsonalva
    Eclair Jan 3, 2016

5. telsonalva
    Eclair Jan 28, 2016

PaulF8080 likes this.