GPS Issue in OnePlus 5

1. RajatSharma_kiraa
    Donut Sep 7, 2019

RajatSharma_kiraa , Sep 7, 2019 :
    hello All,

whenever I am using google maps, I am facing the error "GPS connection lost". please let me know who all have the similar issue in their OnePlus 5 mobiles and if yes what they did in order to solve this issue.

Eugenio_RB, Nahec and am_my_zing like this.
  2. James Tee
    Cupcake Sep 8, 2019

James Tee , Sep 8, 2019 :
    Hi there.. I'm having this issue too on my OnePlus 5 model eversince 6 months ago.. I'm using Waze only and this GPS unable to detect are constantly appearing and recurring.. only once awhile after restart or shutdown and switch on back, it would work sometimes.. My guess is the OnePlus software update/upgrade guys caused hiccup yeah.. Believed this issue has nothing to do with the Waze people..
    Regards
    James Tee@M'sia

3. G_Obada_H_eXTV
    Cupcake Sep 8, 2019

G_Obada_H_eXTV , Sep 8, 2019 :
    I have the same issue where Google maps or Yandex suffers to find my location and sometimes I've to switch to airplane mode till it go normal, where my actual location keeps changing even without moving

4. F_Wayne_Teh_xROZ
    Cupcake Sep 24, 2019

F_Wayne_Teh_xROZ , Sep 24, 2019 :
    Same here. I tried using GPS TEST app and also *#808# to do a GPS test. Eventually the GPS came back. It was drifting from time to time. Very frustrating.

5. AwkwardMikey
    Cupcake Sep 24, 2019

AwkwardMikey , Sep 24, 2019 :
    Hello all, I've found out the issue but do not know where to go next.

After many frustrating months of calling OnePlus and TMobile, nobody could give an answer on
    why a 559 dollar phone had so many GPS issues.

Finally, I found the answer.

You remember "Doze" on Android? Well, OnePlus implemented this feature into their own version for the OnePlus to have all day battery life.

This feature, called "Battery Optimization", makes the phone last all day by choosing programs to automatically stop working/work at a lower processing speed.

This works... A little too well.

OnePlus CAUSED the phone to "Optimize" Google maps, but the opposite happens. Google maps is slowed down, along with the actual GPS module (possibly) !

I tested this by:
    Downloading Nova Launcher
    Installing a "Settings"widget on the home screen specifically for battery optimization (maps does not show up in the normal phone settings screen, but only in this widget.
    Turning battery optimization off in this widget
    Testing GPS (it's not funky anymore!)

Cool, temporary "fix" The next problem: because this setting is controlled by the OnePlus 5, it doesn't want to stay turned off. Even turning battery optimization for the whole phone doesn't fix this!

I purchased this phone to be used all day, and not to worry about a software issue to be the cause of my phone demise.

Is there a way to get administration to answer to this call? I know alot of people want answers.

I will post screenshots later on today.

Eugenio_RB likes this.
  6. AwkwardMikey
    Cupcake Sep 24, 2019

7. V1571481192311
    Cupcake Oct 19, 2019

V1571481192311 , Oct 19, 2019 :
    Does it work? I will try it out and feedback. Thanks

8. T1579708332811
    Cupcake Mar 18, 2020

9. Aamir Aman
    Eclair May 5, 2020

Aamir Aman , May 5, 2020 :
    Upgrade ur OP5 to Android 10 Open Beta. That fixed all my gps issues. Was a problem with Android 9/ oxygen OS 9

10. Eugenio_RB
    Cupcake Aug 12, 2020