GPS or Compass problem in OnePlus 7 Pro

?

Do you have problem with gps/compass accuracy?

1. Yes it does not work well

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, everything works fine for me.

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. 7ThRonin
    Froyo Oct 18, 2019

7ThRonin , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Hello Community.
    I have noticed lately that there is some problem with GPS or Compass accuracy.
    If you open Googl Maps, or any app using GPS (Pokemon Go, Harry Potter Wizards Unite) you can see that GPS shows wrong your position. First thing is that it is not to accurate but second thing is that it looses tracking of where are you going and shows you wrong direction of your field of view. When I try to move it looks like I am moving sideways. If I use car navigation it is working good. It is nit perfect but it works. Problem starts when you switch that you travel by walk or use any gps orientated game.
    Is it only me or you also notice that?

Mattimus7 likes this.
  2. GopalB.
    Nougat Oct 18, 2019

GopalB. , Oct 18, 2019 :
    7 Pro or 7T Pro???

3. 7ThRonin
    Froyo Oct 18, 2019

4. TitiOnePlus7TPro
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2019

TitiOnePlus7TPro , Oct 20, 2019 :
    Hello ;)

maybe it can come from your smartphone case if it has a closet with a magnet, I just bought my smartphone and I wanted to buy a case with a closure with a magnet system as I had before but the vendee told me that the mobiles frabicants do not make any case with a magnet on it.
    But the problem can come from the holster or not ...

That's good end of the day to you ^^

7ThRonin likes this.
  5. Mattimus7
    Cupcake Oct 28, 2019

Mattimus7 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 28, 2019 :
    I'm having the same exact problem. The GPS is often inaccurate and if I'm navigating to a location and driving on the highway for example it will frequently give me random directions trying to tell me to get back on the highway because it thinks I'm on a side road not even close by and this happens pretty much constantly now whenever I travel anywhere it's so annoying and makes it a nightmare to try to travel anywhere. like for example just yesterday I was exiting the highway on the exit it told me to go on and approaching the turn and I look at my phone to see which direction I'm supposed to turn and immediately it thinks that I'm still on the highway not exiting so it changes my directions so I can't see which way I need to turn and I'm screwed.

What the heck! I would expect much better from this phone. And I have no case on it. I try calibrating it all the time it doesn't help.

6. 7ThRonin
    Froyo Nov 19, 2019 at 7:05 AM

7ThRonin , Nov 19, 2019 at 7:05 AM :
    Titi it was the case thanks for your idea. It is much better without it. My case has a metal ring holder and metal plate to pin phone to my car holder, it makes compass go wild. When I use phone without case quality of compass is much much better.