GRAPHENE Batteries..

?

Would you like OP to use these battery's or would It make the phone to expensive

Poll closed Jan 27, 2020.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. fazerboy0_3
    Honeycomb Jan 20, 2020

2. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Jan 20, 2020

ghostofcain , Jan 20, 2020 :
    The article you linked is almost total fluff, there is no mention of longevity of the batteries,price or timescale for mass production.

So to.answer your question yes, undoubtedly if graphene batteries show superiority to existing Li-on batteries then they will deploy them, as to when who knows.

otto2 and fazerboy0_3 like this.
  3. malidan
    Marshmallow Jan 22, 2020

fazerboy0_3 likes this.

5. GeekOnTheHill
    Honeycomb Feb 27, 2020

GeekOnTheHill , Feb 27, 2020 :
    The problem in general (not just for OP) isn't so much the expense as the energy density (or lack of same). People who buy high-end phones probably will be willing to cough up a few dollars more for a clearly-superior battery. But will they be willing to buy a fatter phone to hold that lower-density battery?

I personally would. I couldn't give a rat's hindquarters how thick a phone is. I carry mine in a leather belt holster. (I'm allowed to do that because I'm old.) But I wonder how well the overall market would accept a phone that's twice as thick as the average phone today.

Then again, there's still room for improvement with the energy density. They'll likely slim them down some before they're put into production use.

And then there's this possibility.

Richard

fazerboy0_3 likes this.